[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Givens

Skrappy1

Time for this guy to start getting some more love. He's been getting more and more involved in the Rams' offense (at least 5 targets each of the past 3 weeks), and just caught a 50-yard TD which makes it 5 weeks and running that's he's had a 50+ yard reception.

• 5 weeks later...

Not listed in the weekly rankings this week and wondering if there was any particular reason. I realize they are playing the 49ers, but with Amendola still nursing injuries he could put up good numbers with St Louis playing from behind.

Not listed in the weekly rankings this week and wondering if there was any particular reason. I realize they are playing the 49ers, but with Amendola still nursing injuries he could put up good numbers with St Louis playing from behind.

I noticed the only 2 STL WR they projected for have a single * for confidence factor. Numbers for Bradford are pretty low too, but with higher confidence. Maybe they're just having trouble figuring out how the SF passing game goes.

Agreed.

I'm starting him. He's healthy and that's rare for a WR on my team right now.

He had a good game last week and he basically has the same yardage and TDs as Gibson - so I was also surprised he wasn't mentioned --- granted, we're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

At NFL.com he's listed after Gibson and Pettis on the depth chart - so maybe that's why he's left out.

It's absolutely crazy that Givens isn't mentioned. He'll probably ranked in the top 20-25 WRs this week meaning he's a WR2 or WR3 depending on league size and he should go for 4-5 receptions for 70-75 yards and a really good shot at a TD. With a range of like 11-19 pts how is is excluded from the projections?

He's not in the projections, he's not mentioned in the write-up at all and he's not even listed on the start/bench list. Seriously, is he hurt and the Huddle is the only site to know about it?

Edited by irish

It's absolutely crazy that Givens isn't mentioned. He'll probably ranked in the top 20-25 WRs this week meaning he's a WR2 or WR3 depending on league size and he should go for 4-5 receptions for 70-75 yards and a really good shot at a TD. With a range of like 11-19 pts how is is excluded from the projections?

He's not in the projections, he's not mentioned in the write-up at all and he's not even listed on the start/bench list. Seriously, is he hurt and the Huddle is the only site to know about it?

Let's not go overboard here. Yes, it's a possibility based on his past production, but if Amendola starts & plays the whole game then Givens opportunities will be more limited, not to mention the fact that they are facing a very tough defense. I don't want to coax people into starting him when they probably/possibly shouldn't here, I just thought he could be a decent option and was curious about the reasoning for not having him listed. I think if you're banking on WR2/3 type production then you're likely going to be sorely disappointed.

Edited by rajncajn

Let's not go overboard here. Yes, it's a possibility based on his past production, but if Amendola starts & plays the whole game then Givens opportunities will be more limited, not to mention the fact that they are facing a very tough defense. I don't want to coax people into starting him when they probably/possibly shouldn't here, I just thought he could be a decent option and was curious about the reasoning for not having him listed. I think if you're banking on WR2/3 type production then you're likely going to be sorely disappointed.

Yeah, I hear ya cause he could certainly lay an egg, especially if Amendola plays. However, Amendola was in a walking boot most of the week and is extremely doubtful again this week, just as he was last week when most thought he would be out and then he played, only to post 1 rec. for 38 yards. Even if Amendola plays, he's more than likely not a good start.

My issue is not that Givens could post a poor game playing against a tough defense, it's that he may be starting with Amendola looking to be out and regardless of the matchup, he's not mentioned at all in any write-up. If a guy has the potential to post 15-20 fantasy pts in a specific week and has done so recently, he should at the very least be in the conversation. Throw him a 2 rec for 40 yards line in the projections and in the write-up state that he has even more upside if Amendola were to miss the game. If he throws up a goose egg than a 6 pt projection wasn't that far off, if he has an 18 pt game than you've covered that by saying he had higher upside if Amendola were to miss the game. But not even mentioning him means he has no more value this week than Jerry Rice.

Another thing to consider is that Amendola and Givens complement each other, not compete with each other really. Givens' role in this offense is "the deep threat." Period. Bradford has already attempted more 20+ yard passes this season than all of last season because of the emergence of Givens. So I agree that he could be feast or famine, but to not be mentioned at all doesn't make much sense to me either. I know it's the Niners, but the Rams are at home, and didn't they just tie these Niners in San Francisco a few weeks ago? I would think you would have to have a very big league to be in the position to start him this week, but lots of us play in such leagues.

Yeah, I hear ya cause he could certainly lay an egg, especially if Amendola plays. However, Amendola was in a walking boot most of the week and is extremely doubtful again this week, just as he was last week when most thought he would be out and then he played, only to post 1 rec. for 38 yards. Even if Amendola plays, he's more than likely not a good start.

My issue is not that Givens could post a poor game playing against a tough defense, it's that he may be starting with Amendola looking to be out and regardless of the matchup, he's not mentioned at all in any write-up. If a guy has the potential to post 15-20 fantasy pts in a specific week and has done so recently, he should at the very least be in the conversation. Throw him a 2 rec for 40 yards line in the projections and in the write-up state that he has even more upside if Amendola were to miss the game. If he throws up a goose egg than a 6 pt projection wasn't that far off, if he has an 18 pt game than you've covered that by saying he had higher upside if Amendola were to miss the game. But not even mentioning him means he has no more value this week than Jerry Rice.

+1 mentioning him as a potential and follow-up with more/less potential pending Amendola injury status is what most of us were expecting to read. We all just got caught off guard with the "no mentioning".

So Amendola is out, what do we expect from Givens?

0 rec for 0 yards.

For real, I posted it above, 4-5 grabs for 70-75 yds and a possble TD. So 11-17.5 fantasy pts.

Still not even a mention? :shrug:

I don't get it... I'm starting him over Edelman, Hawkins, Walter & Celek this week as my WR4. Anybody else giving him a go?

I did 11-92. Not too shabby for a ppr league. The non mention in any of the front page stuff still boggles my mind. David, was there a reason he was left out completely this week? Just wondering.

I did 11-92. Not too shabby for a ppr league. The non mention in any of the front page stuff still boggles my mind. David, was there a reason he was left out completely this week? Just wondering.

Honestly, there really is no good reason he was left out and 11-92 is pretty great in PPR. It was just a poor decision. Givens had stat projections for every site but this one and he should've as with Amendola being urt it was all but a guarantee that Givens would be involved to some degree, if not heavily so as we saw.

It happens, as good as the Huddle is, they miss on things too. However, once it was brought up here that Givens was overlooked things should've been edited but maybe pride got involved.

Edited by irish
  • Like 1