[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2013 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft...

irish

i'll give wolverines fan the vikings since darin already has the bears, who wolverine would've wanted. if wolverines doesn't want the vikes than darin will pick for them. ajh2 will get the chiefs and we're ready to roll.

Sounds good to me.

Lets get this thing started! I am ready to add the missing pieces that lead the Broncos to their most dominant title season ever!

Just a couple more days...

I would have signed up for the Seahawks, being a local homer who gets to listen to lots of both of the excellent sports talk radio stations here. (How freaking cool is that, not one, but TWO - KJR 950am and 710 ESPN.) But I've simply got too much on my plate currently. Besides, the only way I could come close to predicting how Carroll and Schneider are going to pick would be to start smoking some really good sh** and having prophetic visions. Then again, pot just got legalized in Washington state... :thinking:

We have all owners in. Any reason we can't start now? Also what's the max time? I suggest 12 hrs if not less - any more and this may never get done in time before the actual draft. If people are busy/etc that's understandable, but then they could submit say their top 5 to irish in case they don't make it in time......

• Like 1

We have all owners in. Any reason we can't start now? Also what's the max time? I suggest 12 hrs if not less - any more and this may never get done in time before the actual draft. If people are busy/etc that's understandable, but then they could submit say their top 5 to irish in case they don't make it in time......

Agreed...I see no reason why we cannot start now. If we are waiting for Pro Days, we won't start until April

We can get started. It's not like I was going to wait for april as we were starting on Monday, march 4th. However, I guess we can use this weekend to start and consider it a sort of soft opening/start. I already mentioned earlier that once Monday arrives there will be a 12-hr time limit and I will accept a top 5 from anyone to use if they are unable to be around when their pick comes up.

Line of Thought......The Kansas City Chiefs main objective was to protect Smith's blind side with an excellent pass blocker and very good run blocker who can be expected to meet the requirements of being taken #1 overall and protecting Smith's blindside while providing an upgrade to the offensive line by allowing for Albert to be moved to RT. With Andy Reid at HC, the offensive line play must be improved in order for the West Coast Offense to work.

Edited by ajh2

The Kansas City Chiefs evaluated bith Joeckel and Fisher on completeness of ability (polish). While Joeckel may have a higher upside, he is not ready to be a starting LT and therefore not worthy of the #1 pick. Kansas City found significant work requirements in run blocking that would hamper a talent RB group that Kansas City has. Pass protection was adaquate however Fisher excells at pass blocking a key and significant area of consideration considering Smith's tendancies of needing time to throw the football.

by allowing for Albert to be moved to RT.

If the Chiefs have made this pick, it probably means Albert is somewhere else. You still have Winston at RT, and Albert is going to require starting LT money, which I don't see the Chiefs paying, especially if they are moving him to RT.

Would have been nice to see this draft start in about 2 weeks, because there still so many moves to be made that will dictate what teams do. Especially the Chiefs.

If the Chiefs have made this pick, it probably means Albert is somewhere else. You still have Winston at RT, and Albert is going to require starting LT money, which I don't see the Chiefs paying, especially if they are moving him to RT.

Would have been nice to see this draft start in about 2 weeks, because there still so many moves to be made that will dictate what teams do. Especially the Chiefs.

Just read they used the franchise tag on Albert, and there was some mention of him moving to guard (although he didn't want that).

Eagles - Needs- OT, DT, DE, S, OLB, CB, ILB

Sharrif Floyd DT Florida

Too bad this is so early, Free Agency hasn't even started but anyway. I think at the end of it all one of the OTs will be there at 4 and that will be the pick. Other option would be Dion Jordan or Milner. The CB is probably more of the need than the DE. Good thing is they can go about 4 different ways and none of them would be bad. Taking the NT too clog up the line is probably the best option in a deep defensive draft

Just read they used the franchise tag on Albert, and there was some mention of him moving to guard (although he didn't want that).

Yeah, this is where I think the Chiefs start maybe going a different direction. I'm not so sure they take the tackle now at #1.

Yeah, this is where I think the Chiefs start maybe going a different direction. I'm not so sure they take the tackle now at #1.

Maybe Floyd or, if proven healthy, Lotulelei could be in that mix. They are the Matt Millen of defensive tackles, but it remains an area of need, and those are looking like the most dominant guys that fit.

Maybe Floyd or, if proven healthy, Lotulelei could be in that mix. They are the Matt Millen of defensive tackles, but it remains an area of need, and those are looking like the most dominant guys that fit.

I don't think they go defensive tackle here. They are running the 3-4, and Dontari Poe actually came on pretty good toward the end of last season.

My gut is just telling me they are trading down. I know there's not a sure fire #1 this year, but I've had this weird feeling ever since they traded the 2.2 for Smith. It's almost like they weren't worried about losing that pick because they know they will pick up another if they trade down.

They have so many options here. If Dorsey truly goes by the "best available" philosophy he's been spouting about, it points towards one of the offensive tackles. But who the hell knows: I could make a case for Jarvis Jones or Millner in that spot, and the truth is: the Chiefs need each one of those guys.

If someone goes past the clock (time), irish do you make the pick? And is it based on anything (ie some mock or just your call)?

I usually make the pick unless someone feels very compelled too. I make it based on what I think the team will actually do. I've been a little busy over the last 24 hours because my godmother, who I haven't spoken to in quite some time because of fallout after my divorce, was in a bad car accident with an 18-wheeler and suffered a broken neck amongst other injuries.

I don't think they go defensive tackle here. They are running the 3-4, and Dontari Poe actually came on pretty good toward the end of last season.

My gut is just telling me they are trading down. I know there's not a sure fire #1 this year, but I've had this weird feeling ever since they traded the 2.2 for Smith. It's almost like they weren't worried about losing that pick because they know they will pick up another if they trade down.

They have so many options here. If Dorsey truly goes by the "best available" philosophy he's been spouting about, it points towards one of the offensive tackles. But who the hell knows: I could make a case for Jarvis Jones or Millner in that spot, and the truth is: the Chiefs need each one of those guys.

Good theory and Reid probably does want to move down but he needs a team that wants to move up. With no clear cut #1 guy he may have a hard time finding a dance partner and IMO I don't think he finds one. Any of the guy worthy of the #1 you may find a comparable guy between 3 and 8 (OT, DT, DE/OLB) or just not have to get to 1 to get the guy you want (if its Miliner or a QB)