[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dear Mr. Muto

Chief Dick

Neither Kimra nor I ever got outta the .500 club. Wasn't a pretty season for either of us.

Where were you playing, ER? We were in Kentucky at a huge event.

We played her in an online super satellite league for the WCOFF. There were 12 leagues of 12 teams and only the top 2 teams in each league made the playoffs best record best remaining points and as fate would have it ER and we were in the toughest league we had 3 of the top 10 overall teams in our league and so even though we finished the regular season in the top 10 we missed the playoffs. It all came down to one final play a 4th down on Monday night week 11 our final regular season game. We had to play the 2nd place guy and with her already wrapping up best record we needed to beat this guy by 38 pts to overtake him in points to get playoff spot. On 4th down we just needed to keep Bradon Lloyd out of the end zone and we would win by 2 pts but nope he caught a TD and we missed playoffs by 6 pts.

I have never had the thrill of a live major event I almost went to Vegas this year for the FFPC main event but decided to do my first ever main event online.

I have pick 11 tomorrow in the mock draft...right in my wheelhouse of favorite spots this year.

This draft is using FFWC rules.

Start 11 players.

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

2 Flex

1 K

1 DF

Edited by Henry Muto

I will be making a guest appearance tonight on this show at about 8:05 PM EST

http://www.blogtalkr...nner-henry-muto

That was some cool listening. Very well done sir, great to listen to you talk about your strategies & approach. WR/WR/WR/WR??? Amazing. Drives home the point that playing it safe is not the way to win leagues, you need to take some chances. Thanks for the sleeper tips (Tate & Floyd).

I have never had the thrill of a live major event I almost went to Vegas this year for the FFPC main event but decided to do my first ever main event online.

I have pick 11 tomorrow in the mock draft...right in my wheelhouse of favorite spots this year.

Start 11 players.

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

2 Flex

1 K

1 DF

Start 11 players.

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

2 Flex

1 K

1 DF

One of the things I miss about not having expendable income (damn kids :woot:) these days.

Going to Vegas with a group of Huddlers for WCOFF/FFPC was something I looked forward to every year.

I miss those days dearly. Hoping to scrounge up enough dough in 2014, but it'll probably be more like 2015 where I'm able to go. Hopefully I can still pound a beer at age 42. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

My local draft is August 17th. If you don't mind, please post your rosters from any drafts you complete between now and then so I can see who to draft this year.

Thanks in advance. :bow:

How did you draft turn out ? I would love to hear how you did.

I am in currently in drafting binge myself right now where I do from 1-4 drafts per day for 16 straight days. It all started on Friday night, August 23rd and will continue through Saturday night, Sept 7th. During this 16 day run I will do 33 drafts with the bulk of them coming this week as I just knocked out 7 drafts in the last 2 days and I have 3 more slated for Wednesday, 2 on Game Day Thursday, 2 more on Friday and 2 more on Saturday.

Starters:

QB: Peyton Manning Pick 1:4

RB: Steven Ridley Pick 4:9

RB: Marshawn Lynch Pick 2:9

WR: Demaryius Thomas Pick 3:4

WR: Reggie Wayne Pick 5:4

TE: Jason Witten Pick 6:9

DEF: Bears Pick 12:9

KICKER: Phil Dawson Pick 14:9

FLEX: ?

Bench:

Steve Smith - WR - CAR Pick 9:4

Mike Wallace - WR Pick 8:9

BenJarvus Green Ellis - RB Pick 7:4

Ben Tate - RB Pick 10:9

Vick Ballard - RB Pick 13:4

Jared Cook - TE Pick 11:4

Christian Ponder - QB Pick 15:4

This is a PPR league, and the kicker is you can start a QB in the flex. So QB's fly off the board here. I picked fourth, hence the Manning pick in the first round. I feel pretty good about my starters. The flex position is going to be a matchup nightmare all year. I don't feel good about this team overall, but we'll see.

I did some leagues with QB flex this year (7 of them) but they had strange rules start 3 RB, 6 WR, 2 TE and 1.5 TE PPR so I can't really compare those leagues to this one. Not sure I would gone with QB at 1.4 myself but if you drop me a link I can see better of the draft (if it was on MFL). I might taken a stud back in 1st then let QB fall to 2nd (if any did maybe they didn't). Looks like you got some nice values there I will check closer if you drop a link. Good draft!

Starters:

QB: Peyton Manning Pick 1:4

RB: Steven Ridley Pick 4:9

RB: Marshawn Lynch Pick 2:9

WR: Demaryius Thomas Pick 3:4

WR: Reggie Wayne Pick 5:4

TE: Jason Witten Pick 6:9

DEF: Bears Pick 12:9

KICKER: Phil Dawson Pick 14:9

FLEX: ?

Bench:

Steve Smith - WR - CAR Pick 9:4

Mike Wallace - WR Pick 8:9

BenJarvus Green Ellis - RB Pick 7:4

Ben Tate - RB Pick 10:9

Vick Ballard - RB Pick 13:4

Jared Cook - TE Pick 11:4

Christian Ponder - QB Pick 15:4

This is a PPR league, and the kicker is you can start a QB in the flex. So QB's fly off the board here. I picked fourth, hence the Manning pick in the first round. I feel pretty good about my starters. The flex position is going to be a matchup nightmare all year. I don't feel good about this team overall, but we'll see.

I made the same pick with Wayne love him this year with Luck having another year under his belt. Cook is a nice pick up late. Should have nice fill in on wittens bye. I worry about Ridley though, not sure how that backfield is going to turn out but BJGE is nice insurance because I think he will play well this year with the Gio kid pushing him for time. I drafted BJGE also as I believe he will still be the goal line back all season long and product 10td minimum.

I picked Vereen in one league because I just think he can do more on the field then Ridley. I'm guessing but if Vereen can produce in the run game as good or just under Ridley, coupled with his ability in the passing game and protections. One fumble by Ridley and he's in the closet. That worries me with Ridley as my RB2 or low end 1. What do you think?

Edited by Cowboyz1

Muto has company. Some of you guys have probably heard about this "Chris Banks" fellow that allegedly has 230 teams in the FFPC tournament. At $350 a pop, that is a serious investment. I drafted in one of my leagues with him. Seemed to have a pretty good grasp of how to build a team. (well, outside of trusting Chris Johnson to be his RB2). Mr Banks (if that is his real name) is a lawyer, who has chucked it all to become a professional fantasy football player.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes Mr. Banks to make bank on his investment. He probably needs to win at least one of four leagues to clear his costs, and thats assuming he isn't hiring help to run the whole fantasy corporation. I have faced Muto. I am facing Banks. With my crummy little pair of lottery tickets. Muto's are everywhere.

But for me personally, I welcome the opportunity to play a guy trying to buy the lottery. There would be no sweeter victory. Anybody else in a league with Banks?

Muto has company. Some of you guys have probably heard about this "Chris Banks" fellow that allegedly has 230 teams in the FFPC tournament. At $350 a pop, that is a serious investment.

$80500 in one tourney?! And I thought that I had problems...

Muto has company. Some of you guys have probably heard about this "Chris Banks" fellow that allegedly has 230 teams in the FFPC tournament. At $350 a pop, that is a serious investment.

I have a hard time buying that. That's over 75k invested. Muto finished first and fourth and only won what, $110k. That's not a good investment.

No, this is the online Players Championship. Same format but a seperate tournament

Banks is off to a bit of a rough start in my league. I got a chuckle when he garnered 40 points from his 4 starters (okay that was a D and K for 2 of them, but still) and then I was rolling on the floor when I saw that he didn't start Julius Thomas.

But then I remembered that I had targeted Thomas, and he had sniped him from me in the first place in our draft. And then I realized that had I drafted him, there is a pretty good chance I would have benched him too. So basically he is experiencing the kind of torture all of us have become accustomed to over the years. Times 200. Poor bastard.

I made the same pick with Wayne love him this year with Luck having another year under his belt. Cook is a nice pick up late. Should have nice fill in on wittens bye. I worry about Ridley though, not sure how that backfield is going to turn out but BJGE is nice insurance because I think he will play well this year with the Gio kid pushing him for time. I drafted BJGE also as I believe he will still be the goal line back all season long and product 10td minimum.

I picked Vereen in one league because I just think he can do more on the field then Ridley. I'm guessing but if Vereen can produce in the run game as good or just under Ridley, coupled with his ability in the passing game and protections. One fumble by Ridley and he's in the closet. That worries me with Ridley as my RB2 or low end 1. What do you think?

Exactly what I was worried about. Vereen Owners are happy.

Sorry guys I have not been around having so many drafts/line ups/waivers to do I rarely check the site at this time. I am in a few leagues with Mr Banks. He is indeed in 200 FBG leagues at $333.33 per pop (you get 3 teams for $1,000) so he gets a little discount. he is also in 12 main event leagues ($1650 cost but you get discounts for early sign ups and multiple teams so I think they are like $1500-$1550 each after that).

I did 2 major leagues this year my first ever $1650 leagues one FFPC main event where I won the entry last year in a $250 satellite and I put up $1650 in an FFWC main event. I don't like putting that much money in one league and it showed when I drafted I wasn't my normal self I didn't draft with reckless abandon like I normally do and I think I will fail in both leagues because of it. When I do like 9 $350 drafts if it falls to me where I have to go 4 WR's in my 1st 5 picks because that is how the value plays out I just do it and hope I get a RB later and if I do my team could do very well and if not it is just 1 bad team. I never took David Wilson in the 2nd round in my previous 79 drafts but there I was falling for the hype and taking David Wilson in the 2nd round of my biggest draft of the year passing up a stud WR which I never usually do.

36-26 in my H2H leagues last week but only 1-7 in my $500+ entry leagues. Not very good and this season has bust written all over it. I knew it would be a very tough season as you are just not every going to have another year like last year. I think I went too many leagues this year just going to be hard to manage waivers with so many teams easy to miss stuff. We shall see.

Mr. Banks was the main lawyer that was suing WCOFF when they didn"t pay out. Basically he is taking a leave of absence from his work to manage this 200 team venture. He is managing it completely on his own. From what I have heard, he is a very competent FF player. Not sure if he is journaling each week in an attempt to maybe write a book about it or something ala msaint a few years back, but it is interesting to keep tabs on how it goes and if he is able to turn a profit at the end of the day.