[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wes Welker Out till week 5

Shorttynaz

Just heard. Caldwell and Latimer are available in my league, .5PPR, any thoughts on who to possibly go with?

Well, what will likely happen is Caldwell will begin in the slot and eventually they'll figure out that Emmanuel Sanders will work best in that spot and Cody Latimer taking the outside spot opposite Demaryius Thomas.

So, in the short term I suppose Caldwell's probably the better bet, but I would say within the next 2-3 weeks it could be Latimer that you want. Can you get both?

Well, what will likely happen is Caldwell will begin in the slot and eventually they'll figure out that Emmanuel Sanders will work best in that spot and Cody Latimer taking the outside spot opposite Demaryius Thomas.

So, in the short term I suppose Caldwell's probably the better bet, but I would say within the next 2-3 weeks it could be Latimer that you want. Can you get both?

I don't have enough space. As it is i'm dropping my kicker for one until Sunday because I still have the pothead Gordon on my bench waiting to see if he files suit

I completely agree with darin3. Caldwell has been in this offense longer and PManning is more comfortable with him. Latimer is a physically gifted receiver and they will get him more involved in the offense as the season goes on. This will definitely speed up the process though!

I don't have enough space. As it is i'm dropping my kicker for one until Sunday because I still have the pothead Gordon on my bench waiting to see if he files suit

:thinking: I already whiffed once on this subject.... but hasn't he already lost his appeal? I don't think filing a lawsuit against the NFL is going to get him back on the field this year. I could be wrong but I think you're completely wasting a roster spot. :shrug:

:thinking: I already whiffed once on this subject.... but hasn't he already lost his appeal? I don't think filing a lawsuit against the NFL is going to get him back on the field this year. I could be wrong but I think you're completely wasting a roster spot. :shrug:

I know, but i'm keeping the faith lol

Not to derail. ..but IF he files suit, he will also likely request an injunction to restrain the NFL from suspending him.

I agree with this assessment, but I would speculate that Latimer won't become useful until after week 6 or so. If he does manage to assert himself as a rookie, I think it won't matter if Welker is active or not.

Have to agree, its been a while already since the lost appeal which has him sitting all year with the suspension. If they wanted to file a lawsuit hoping a judge would step in and set aside the suspension until they they should have done that already. Suppose they still could do it, but doubt he's available to play week 1 or really any time soon in 2014.

PS Latimer was drafted in our league, but don't think Caldwell was, and people knew about the Welker suspension (some got emails about it during the draft) but he was drafted before that.

Hmm.. snagged Caldwell last night already have Dem88, Marshall, TY, Decker. Ppr. But it's also a rookie keeper (choose one) I think Caldwell will do well initially but Manning is gonna love that big body Latimer has... any thoughts? Drop Dre for Latimer and play the long game?

Hmm.. snagged Caldwell last night already have Dem88, Marshall, TY, Decker. Ppr. But it's also a rookie keeper (choose one) I think Caldwell will do well initially but Manning is gonna love that big body Latimer has... any thoughts? Drop Dre for Latimer and play the long game?

I would drop him for Latimer, especially with the rookie keeper option