[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I remember when

rajncajn

My first drafted fantasy roster, or at least I remember most of them.

Brad Johnson

Jake Plummer

Adrian Murrell

Corey Dillon

Antowain Smith

Natrone Means

Larry Centers

Rob Moore

Carl Pickens

Jimmy Smith

Andre Reed

Rickey Dudley

Freddie Jones

Mike Hollis

Edited by rajncajn

I'll play - let's see if I can get most of them.

Brett Favre *

Jim Harbaugh

Marshall Faulk *

Tim Floyd *

Eric Bienemy

Ronnie Harmon

Ernest Byner

Derek Fenner

Michael Irvin *

Isaac Bruce

Tim Brown *

Jay Novacek *

Chris Boniol *

Best I can recall. Floyd blew out his knee in week 1, so I streamed a 2nd RB all season. Got Favre and Irvin via trades either just before the season started or just after week 1, I forget. Pretty sure it was before the season started though (we drafted like a week or so early).

ETA:

* = typical starter

also forgot about Ernest Byner the first time I made this list.

Edited by SeductiveNun

I can't remember that far back but I do remember I had Randal Cunningham as my QB on my first SB winning team

I wasn't sure about most of the team, but I remembered I had Plummer, Pickens and Moore. When I went and looked at the stats for that year the players names mostly came back.

Actually, I don't believe this was my first team, but rather the first that I'd drafted. My first year I took over a team that had already been drafted. I believe my QB was Jeff Blake and recievers Rob Moore & Carl Pickens and RB Means. Beyond those I don't recall and probably only remember those last three because I think I had them as my keepers.

Just remembered I had Larry Centers as well. :D

oh boy, what memories this brings back, as i was the laughing stock of the league (and probably still am, to this day - lol), when, with the #1 overall pick i took kordell "slash" stewart instead of terrell davis! lmao however, i did end up with a couple of pretty decent RBs though, in marshall faulk and curtis martin...can't remember any of my WRs from that season...

Edited by the outlaw

1998 I forget almost the entire team

Randall Cunningham

Dan Marino

Fred Taylor

Robert Edwards

James Jett

Johnny Morton

Muhsin Muhammed

Wesley Walls

Only started 1 RB but this was a championship team back in 98...

Edited by Avernus

I tried to go back and check my info, but the stone tablets had crumbled :)

Honestly cannot remember that far back, too many other little factoids in my brain now.

I do remember sitting around in the commish's basement with a pool table drafting using a magazine. Then after the draft getting roped into being co-commish and helping to do the scoring by hand the first few years.

I don't remember most of my first team. but I remember my brother telling me to draft the Best RB first and second picks, then told me to watch the trends of when to pick every one else. first pick 2002, Alexander. Lost the championship to the guy who had him in 2005. Don't remember much of the rest of the team. I had Brady and McNabb early on but not sure who it was in the first season.

All I remember about my first actual live fantasy draft is that I took Joe Montana in the first round - and that doomed my season. I had no clue what I was doing, but then none of us really did.

I drafted two defenses within the first 7 rounds. A kicker in the 9th and later a backup kicker. I didnøt draft any RBs until very late and then I drafted both of Miami's RBs because then I was sure to get all the RB production from one offense, which I at the time thought was briliant.

I finished dead last in a league where we all where in out first year, which I still think is quite an accomplishment

Edit: I remembered wrong, this is the team I drafted in my first year back in 2010:

1. Drew Brees, QB NOS

2. Miles Austin, WR DAL

3. Jason Witten, TE DAL

4. Reggie Bush, RB NOS

5. Was Welker, WE NEP

6. New York Jets, DEF

7. Ronnie Brown, RB MIA

8. Percy Harvin, WR MIN

9. Ryan Longwell, K MIN

10. T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR BAL

11. RIcky Williams, RB MIA

12. Pittsburgh Stellers, DEF

13. Devin Hester, WR CHI

14. Matthew Stafford. QB DET

15. Greg Olsen, TE CHI

First thing I did after the draft was to drop Greg Olsen and pick up a backup kicker, but never the less I was hooked as soon as the first game started.

Edited by Papajohn

My first draft pick was Brett Favre, my second was Elway. Followed by a huge WTF from half the league. Yeah, I was a different kind of idiot back then...

I did the same thing my first year of FF.. only my first pick was Steve Young followed by Brett Favre in the 2nd.... depth, FTW. Fortunately, I traded Young for Chris Warren and Andre Miller 6 or 7 weeks into the season. Young got hurt a few weks later, and those 2 had awesome seasons... brought me up to a .500 team

My first pick was Barry Sanders followed by Steve Young. had Erict Rhett and Anthony Miller team. Team was pretty bad and finished last.

My favorite was scoring by hand and always having to do one owners score twice because his math didn't match mine. His was wrong 99.9% of the time

I drafted Anthony Miller the year he had 14 touchdowns. I think Fantasy Football Index was pumping him majorly that year. I also remember getting Chris Warren at the end of the 2nd round that year and being ecstatic. He had had 1,500 yards rushing the year before, but nobody had heard of him, so he slid. Name recognition meant a lot back then.

1995 - my first year playing and the year of the draft I mentioned above.

Randall Cunningham

Herschel Walker

Curt Warner

Icky Woods

Mark Clayton

Henry Ellard

Ricky Sanders

Phi/Oak Def

Nick Lowery

That's all I can remember too, at least most of my regular starting lineup.

First draft in 1988, my older neighbor friends in college invited me when I was only a sophomore in H.S. I'll never forget that night. First real exposure to booze and Josh Gordon.

I was so f'n stoked they invited me, been drafting with them ever since.

1992 in my apartment with 7 other owners. We were determined to try this "Rotisserie Football" thing, and were making up rules as we went along! No way anybody would go for that anymore - now everything has to be voted on well before the season starts and everybody STILL bitches :) I took Marino #3 overall, and then Reggie White halfway through the draft. Everybody just looked up from their Street & Smiths and said "Wait, we're doing defensive guys too?" And we just said "Screw it - why not!" Funny thing is, we still not only use IDP, but about 75% of the original scoring rules we made up on the spot. And I traded Marino and Reggie for Emmitt and finished 2nd that year. League is still going strong!

1992, TD only league with a bunch of friends. I picked third overall. Barry Sanders went first, Randall Cunningham second, and I took Emmitt Smith 3rd overall. I remember grabbing Rich Gannon late, thinking he'd give a good return for where I drafted him(he stunk, don't remember who I picked up eventually to replace him). I also had Stoyanovich, who had a nice year. The next year I started playing STATS Fantasy Football in a league with my father-in-law and got hooked for good.