[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alright, how much have you won playing DFS?

irish

I've had ups and downs. Started last season and was up a few hundred in football at season's end. Squandered most of that during the NHL season and had a rough week 1 in football this season.

I play on draftkings and typically stick to cash games (50/50s, triple ups, H2Hs) with the occasional GPP lineup thrown in. Haven't had as much time as I'd like to dedicate to it so I'm not risking that much on a weekly basis right now.

My problem is I don't know how to bet right. In basketball I entered $10 and built it up to $120 playing small tourneys. Then I got cute and started betting $25 to win more money. Then I was doing it every game until I was in the hole, rather than sticking to what worked. I tried baseball and I was about even on all my games. This past weekend I won $25 on a $10 bet in a GPP. I finished 4,762 out of 59,627. I've had the most success in football. All that said, if you were to calculate everything I would be in the hole, even at best.

I started playing GPP because a friend of mine won $10,000. When another friend told me about that, he attempted the same thing and won $5,000. So I navigated away from small tourneys to GPP for the small chance at hitting it big.

Article in yesterday;s WSJ about this. 1% of the players won over 90% of the money last year. Its basically sharks taking all the people who do not know what they are doing money.

Also the industry could be in trouble. They cannot turn a profit and they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on advertising.

Also Vegas is lobbying to have the industry regulated just like they are.

Also says that eventrually there will only be sharks left once people figure out you can't win.

Not saying you can't win but its just so different than seasonal. You are basially looking for guys that will do well that not a lot of people will be on.

Take it for its worth.

This will sound way out there and i am far from a conspiracy theorist but I always wondered what keeps the folks from fanduel etc from posting that perfect lineup as it happens.. surely they can configure their servers to automatically edit/adjust some phantom lineups to ensure they don't have to pay out those massive payouts each week

This will sound way out there and i am far from a conspiracy theorist but I always wondered what keeps the folks from fanduel etc from posting that perfect lineup as it happens.. surely they can configure their servers to automatically edit/adjust some phantom lineups to ensure they don't have to pay out those massive payouts each week

I am not a conspiracy theorist but given the shenanigans that went on with online poker this would not surprise me in the least.

Without the transparency I will continue to avoid this. If the WSJ says 1% of the people are winning 90% of the money, I'd be very curious to know who those 1% are - and their relationships to these companies. Where exactly did all this ad revenue come from??

Article in yesterday;s WSJ about this. 1% of the players won over 90% of the money last year. Its basically sharks taking all the people who do not know what they are doing money.

Also the industry could be in trouble. They cannot turn a profit and they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on advertising.

Also Vegas is lobbying to have the industry regulated just like they are.

Also says that eventrually there will only be sharks left once people figure out you can't win.

Not saying you can't win but its just so different than seasonal. You are basially looking for guys that will do well that not a lot of people will be on.

Take it for its worth.

link ? What is WSJ ?

WSJ = Wall Street Journal

I play both FD and DK on a very limited basis. I typically find myself up early in the year and then it dwindles by the end. More often than not, I seek out friends to go H2H against for a few bucks. It's true, there are a lot of sharks out there with 100 games listed. I try to avoid matchups against them whenever possible, and go looking for people win only an entry or two waiting. Never really took much profit out, but my deposits for the year are always around 50 total on each.

The article did compare this online poker but said in online poker the pros did not play the low limit games but they do in dfs. Fan duel and draft kings are bleeding money. One of them just committed to. $250m advertising deal and they only have $57m per year in revenues. Basically living off seed money right now. It's the new day trading as people are trying to make a living at this.

I agree baseball is impossible if you do not know what your doing. They look at everything including umpire ratings based on how many balls and strikes they call.

You would be surprised in football too. Guys are getting every combination of 2 or 3 postions and then building there teams. They put up huge money per night.

You can get lucky. My friend won 5k on

2 dollar football league last year but it's the minority.

I play bc I think it's fun but there is a reality out there. I guess it's like playing the lottery.

I would link the article but it's a pay site.

The WSJ article stating the 1% of winners situation is part of why I try to stay away from the big money GPP tournaments. I've had a fair amount of success with the double up and triple up cash games. Too many statisticians with fancy spreadsheets that calculate hundreds of lineups for me to compete in the GPP tournaments.

I'll still throw my lineups in to the GPPs, but most of my weekly bankroll is set towards the cash games. I'd rather grind out a small profit over the course of the season instead of losing everything trying to hit it big against pros.