[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is a TD catch?

gilthorp

That was an awful call and everyone playing, watching and officiating is confused.

• Like 2

The NFL has their heads so far up their asses in regards to what is a catch and what is not a catch

+1.

Listening to Dean Blandino try to explain it on NFL Redzone was not helpful at all. They basically make up an explanation depending on which position they're trying to justify for a given catch/no catch call.

They should simplify the damn rule.

If you catch the ball, demonstrate control of the ball and the ball crosses the plain of the EZ then it should be a TD no matter if you are falling, running or flying.

If you catch the ball, have control and get two feet down in bounds then it should be a catch no matter if you are falling, running, or flying.

+1.

Listening to Dean Blandino try to explain it on NFL Redzone was not helpful at all. They basically make up an explanation depending on which position they're trying to justify for a given catch/no catch call.

Iv come to realize the Blandino is just the cover man for when officials screw up something and everyone sees it. Nothing he has ever said in defense of an official has ever made sense to anyone ever.

Iv come to realize the Blandino is just the cover man for when officials screw up something and everyone sees it. Nothing he has ever said in defense of an official has ever made sense to anyone ever.

The ref.s are going to spin it in a manner that it seems like the interpreted the rules correctly ... no matter that they give a different spin to it on a different call

I have no problem with Tate's TD being called as such. But there are others that should be the exact same ruling and they aren't.

If it's on a catch before the goal line, just breaking the plane should not be enough. Control and possession over the line is needed. It can't be ruled as if he's a runner within a yard of the end zone.

I don't believe Freeman's catch last week should have been a TD, and because of that, I don't believe Tate's was this week.

And by the way, Golden Tate is one annoying player.

I think a catch that starts in the end zone is pretty well established...you must control it to the ground with two feet established.

The catch where a receiver doesn't establish they are a runner because they are in the progress of making the catch at the goal line is something they are making up as they go and it needs to be fixed.

This football move interpretation needs to be defined as well.

• Like 1

If he had been "falling to the ground" it would have been a turnover ... I think.

If he held the ball for 5 more seconds then went to the ground then dropped it when he put his hand down to stand back up it would've been a drop. I have no idea how that is a catch and Dez Bryant's catch was incomplete.

Edited by squirrelmastr21