[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No-class Newton quick exits from press conference

BeeR

The question is, do you have to respect a guy off the field to enjoy some of the amazing things you see him do on the field?

Not many QB's in the league (there are some) score that TD in the 4th without getting killed.

Absolutely not, I also don't have to hate on him because he acts like a fool sometimes. I don't get how this is such a big deal, he was being asked a lot of dumb questions and got fed up. I've seen plenty of players and coaches do similar things, but Cam has rubbed some the wrong way now they enjoy watching him lose and pile on.

Didn't Ditka blow up once and throw stuff in a press conference, were all of you tossing insults at him then?

Absolutely not, I also don't have to hate on him because he acts like a fool sometimes. I don't get how this is such a big deal, he was being asked a lot of dumb questions and got fed up. I've seen plenty of players and coaches do similar things, but Cam has rubbed some the wrong way now they enjoy watching him lose and pile on.

Didn't Ditka blow up once and throw stuff in a press conference, were all of you tossing insults at him then?

meh..Ditka never felt the need to tell everyone how good he was every time he made a play either
  • Like 2

I understand how Rajn is getting a good jab in on him - totally fine.

I'm not sure if I watch many post-pressers so I would assume most of these guys after a tough loss are going to be pretty salty.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have even known if it hadn't been the Saints he lost to. Of course the presser was posted to the Saints board. I will say though that I saw him again trash talking at fans after their last touchdown. Can't say I'm a fan of that either.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have even known if it hadn't been the Saints he lost to. Of course the presser was posted to the Saints board. I will say though that I saw him again trash talking at fans after their last touchdown. Can't say I'm a fan of that either.

if you had turned on ESPN or nflnetwork today you'd have known. It was pretty well covered

meh..Ditka never felt the need to tell everyone how good he was every time he made a play either

Wouldn't know, that was before my time ;)

But most players in the older days were more classy, didn't trash talk all the time, celebrate endlessly and ham it up for the cameras.

Edited by stevegrab

Wouldn't know, that was before my time ;)

But most players in the older days were more classy, didn't trash talk all the time, celebrate endlessly and ham it up for the cameras.

Too bad. That's when football was great and selfies and image were not a thing. The only thing was TEAM. A time when blowing off steam was not caught on a cell phone and sold to the highest bidder. A time when football was all we knew and not all the crap we know now. A time before Thursday night Football and and all the Kardashian me me me stuff we see now. As much as we've learned in this new age the less humanity has grown. Sad really. At least to me. Seems in some way you feel the same.

Too bad. That's when football was great and selfies and image were not a thing. The only thing was TEAM. A time when blowing off steam was not caught on a cell phone and sold to the highest bidder. A time when football was all we knew and not all the crap we know now. A time before Thursday night Football and and all the Kardashian me me me stuff we see now. As much as we've learned in this new age the less humanity has grown. Sad really. At least to me. Seems in some way you feel the same.

Born in 64, got into football in the 70s some, but really during the 80s and after moving to Cleveland (Browns AFC title games in mid 80s). So I do know a bit about the olden days, and a time before Instagram and the Kardashians.

Hate social media, peoples self absorption, constant use of cell phones (especially while driving) and so on.

• Like 1

Ah...back when you could tell those dumbass kids to get off your lawn and they'd listen. Now they record you with their phones and cry about injustices when you point your shotgun at them. (the really bad word)ing ingrates.

Ever notice that when football went all enchilada waah waah so to did America?

Just sayin...

Ah...back when you could tell those dumbass kids to get off your lawn and they'd listen. Now they record you with their phones and cry about injustices when you point your shotgun at them. (the really bad word)ing ingrates.

Ever notice that when football went all enchilada waah waah so to did America?

Just sayin...

Class never goes out of style.

Just sayin' .

#notsorryatall

#neversaidanythingaboutgunsorlawns

#respectingpeoplespropertyisalwaysagoodidea

#growabeardforgodsakeandgetitoverwith

#psnotthatold

#k?

Just for arguments sake, why is it that Brady and Belichick act that way in their losing pressers pretty much every time and it is never an issue ? Cam answered a few questions and then walked out after being asked if he was disappointed and then if he was disappointed for his team. What was he supposed to say ? He should have stayed and just "read the script" but I half wonder if this isn't such a huge issue because it is merely a chance to pile on and everyone wants to be quoted after a Super Bowl.

Wut are you talking about lol. If anything, Belichick is grumpier with the media when he wins a game rather than when he loses.

When the Pats lose you actually have a chance of getting some answers out of the guy.

• 11 months later...

I watched the clip of it and it's bizarre. The way he starts reacting during her question and right after the question is  uncomfortable and embarrassing. But then he actually answers her question just fine. That being said I don't think there is much room for him to try and tap dance around this one. 

3 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

I watched the clip of it and it's bizarre. The way he starts reacting during her question and right after the question is  uncomfortable and embarrassing. But then he actually answers her question just fine. That being said I don't think there is much room for him to try and tap dance around this one. 

Cam is Bizarre. And the impression I got from the reporters comments, when she spoke to him later it was much worse. The guy is a straight-up dbag, Always has been & always will.

52 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Cam is Bizarre. And the impression I got from the reporters comments, when she spoke to him later it was much worse. The guy is a straight-up dbag, Always has been & always will.

Oh I agree he is a complete d-bag. I’ve never cared for him, and this behavior from him doesn’t surprise me.

misogynist black QB ..... how ironic. After decades of fighting the offensive ideal that black's were not smart enough to play QB, he is sneering at a woman whom he thinks is not smart enough to question him about routes. A beat reporter at that. What an idiot.  

Edited by tazinib1
  • Thanks 1