[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

advise on veto or not

lttsmchl

nope.. it's weird someone trades WR / WR like that I agree but you can't just veto it. 

There has to be an explanation to this or more to the story..  I can understand that the trade seems to favor one particular team over the other I just don't know why someone would want to do this.. I still don't like the intervention of a veto if you do that you'll set a precedent in the league giving a lot of power to blocking trades unless it's a more obvious fleecing or collusion.. if it does fall into those categories then maybe yes.. if it's just salty owners then F em.  Hard to determine exactly the rational of the Juju owner, reach out to them don't auto veto.

I agree, can't veto that trade as the commish.  Seems a little lopsided based on draft selections, but it's not completely out of line.  Only clear collusion is a reason to veto.

For future seasons, I would suggest to set the league up to veto trades - if half the league members vote to veto, then the trade is canceled.  This is to put the onus on the league rather than the commish. 

That’s def not veto worthy, everyone is all in on juju this year and I assume he’s going to a stacked team is why people are complaining. Maybe whoever traded juju is just all in on Robert Woods. Before game 1 you can’t veto that at all. Everyone’s opinion is all speculation before players have played a game yet. 

3 hours ago, lttsmchl said:

i am commish of a 12 team ppr league 7th yr..

someone traded juju for r. woods..

2nd rd pick in our draft for  a 4th rd pick before either has played a game.  some people in league are calling for a veto..

what so u guys think?

The league has been together for 7 years? So everyone knows what they are doing correct? Obviously sounds like a dumb trade, what is juju’s owners’ rationale? I’ve seen him go as high as 8.

Can't veto it. Woods is definitely good enough to make this not TOO lopsided, but it is certainly lopsided. I've said it all off-season though...we've gotta see what JuJu can do without Brown. I think he will be a stud, but I still need to see it over the course of the next few games to call him a stud.

No one made you god.  You're a manager along with 11 other members of your league.  If you had Woods, and someone offered you Juju, would you veto that?  Nope!  So what gives you the right to manage someone else's team?  

You just got yourself blocked in my book.  Best of luck!  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Niner4life9 said:

@Shorttynaz that's a bit harsh dont u think? He was just asking....

A little bit... I mean at least he came here and asked.  And while I don't want to lump the OP in with the rest of the 'new blood' that comes to these boards, I've been here for quite a while, and year after year we see stupid posts of league commissioners come in here and ask if trades should be vetoed. 

Personally, I am the biggest opponent of giving one active manager final say over what everyone else does with his or her roster.  If you run a league with people you have to question everyone's motive on trades, then it's time to find new league-mates or stop running your league altogether.  

I play in two leagues where all trades are processed just as soon as the trades are accepted to the offered party.  We have NEVER ONCE had an incident where someone traded studs for scrubs to help out a 'buddy'.   I guess I'm just old school and come from a generation where integrity was still a thing.  

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Not at all.  I don't want to lump the OP in with the rest of the 'new blood' that comes to these boards, but I've been here for quite a while, and year after year we see stupid posts of league commissioners come in here and ask if trades should be vetoed.  Personally, I am the biggest opponent of giving one active manager final say over what everyone else does with his or her roster.  If you run a league with people you have to question everyone's motive on trades, then it's time to find new league mates or stop running your league altogether.  

I play in two leagues where all trades are processed just as soon as the trades are accepted to the offered party.  We have NEVER ONCE had an incident where someone traded studs for scrubs to help out a 'buddy'.   I guess I'm just old school and come from a generation where integrity was still a thing.  

Calm down, buddy. You are being ridiculous. It doesn't matter if you've played fantasy football for 1 year or 34 years, each league is different and it is very common AND UNDERSTANDABLE for new commissioners to wonder what constitutes vetoing a trade. You are personally attacking this guy, stating that he has "no integrity," because he's not sure if a lopsided trade should be vetoed. Sounds like a pretty reasonable question for a new commissioner to ask. People learn, over time, that only collusion should warrant a veto. Gues what collusion is? Collusion in fantasy football comes in the form of lopsided trades. Understand? Get outta here if you are going to personally attack people for asking reasonable questions. I'll be looking out for your posts, and if you continue the personal attacks I will make sure to flag you.

With that said, this isn't that lopsided of a trade to consider it anything close to collusion.

Edited by turbotooslow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, turbotooslow said:

Calm down, buddy. You are being ridiculous. It doesn't matter if you've played fantasy football for 1 year or 34 years, each league is different and it is very common AND UNDERSTANDABLE for new commissioners to wonder what constitutes vetoing a trade. You are personally attacking this guy, stating that he has "no integrity," because he's not sure if a lopsided trade should be vetoed. Sounds like a pretty reasonable question for a new commissioner to ask. People learn, over time, that only collusion should warrant a veto. Gues what collusion is? Collusion in fantasy football comes in the form of lopsided trades. See how logic and understanding the situation works now?

With that said, this isn't that lopsided of a trade to consider it anything close to collusion.

I'm not attacking him, nor did I say he has no integrity.  And, no, it doesn't matter how long someone has played FF.  I just said that I am blocking him and I come from a generation where people have integrity.  I never said he doesn't have any.  All I was trying to say was take a step back.  It may look on paper to favor one side over the other, but what if the guy trading Juju just likes the Rams or thinks Juju won't live up to his draft potential?  What if he thinks Woods will outplay his draft potential.  People have a change of heart after drafting.  I do almost every single season.  

Probably doesn't help that I played in a work league about 12 years ago where the commissioner was one of the VPs.  I only played one season & the buy-in was $100.  This guy was new to fantasy football and decided to put a work league together.  This guy had veto powers, and he vetoed nearly every GD trade that was accepted by saying "look at where these players.  It's a lobsided trade."  Only at the end of the year did we see it (and still do see it today) that they guy drafted in the 10th round way outproduced the guy who was drafted in the 3rd round.  

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Shorttynaz said:

I'm not attacking him, nor did I say he has no integrity.  And, no, it doesn't matter how long someone has played FF.  I just said that I am blocking him and I come from a generation where people have integrity.  I never said he doesn't have any.  All I was trying to say was take a step back.  It may look on paper to favor one side over the other, but what if the guy trading Juju just likes the Rams or thinks Juju won't live up to his draft potential?  What if he thinks Woods will outplay his draft potential.  People have a change of heart after drafting.  I do almost every single season.  

Probably doesn't help that I played in a work league about 12 years ago where the commissioner was one of the VPs.  I only played one season & the buy-in was $100.  This guy was new to fantasy football and decided to put a work league together.  This guy had veto powers, and he vetoed nearly every GD trade that was accepted by saying "look at where these players.  It's a lobsided trade."  Only at the end of the year did we see it (and still do see it) that they guy drafted in the 10th round way outproduces the guy who was drafted in the 3rd round.  

Ok, fair enough. Good points and I totally get that - it would stink to have a commish like that. But at least the OP here has enough wherewithall to ask first. Just seemed like more of a personal attack in my eyes. Carry on, and happy football season to ya.

Just now, turbotooslow said:

Ok, fair enough. Good points and I totally get that - it would stink to have a commish like that. But at least the OP here has enough wherewithall to ask first. Just seemed like more of a personal attack in my eyes. Carry on, and happy football season to ya.

You too, brother - and no offense meant towards the OP.  I did come across a little hot.  Sorry lttsmchl

• Like 2

Okay so I've listened to all the drama back and forth but I don't think you have to be playing God to veto a trade ...here's a novel idea the guy who put Juju could have had Robert Woods whenever they drafted before each guys picked think about do I want Robert Woods ??and take him.. if it looks like an advantage for one over the other beat to it both trades should be mutual benefit for both teams so if you trade position for position they've got to be a lot closer than that this is not a earth shattering trade so I would probably let it go through but don't act like it's so ridiculous to ask and trading is why I play mostly best-ball now and Guillotine I get tired of that working the wire working your ass off trying to make fair trade proposals four teams I had a guy offer me yesterday he offered me LeSean McCoy and Robby Anderson for Julio so this is what I'm going to do with all year in my one League were trading is involved ... no thanks

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lions4ever said:

Okay so I've listened to all the drama back and forth but I don't think you have to be playing God to veto a trade ...here's a novel idea the guy who put Juju could have had Robert Woods whenever they drafted before each guys picked think about do I want Robert Woods ??and take him.. if it looks like an advantage for one over the other beat to it both trades should be mutual benefit for both teams so if you trade position for position they've got to be a lot closer than that this is not a earth shattering trade so I would probably let it go through but don't act like it's so ridiculous to ask and trading is why I play mostly best-ball now and Guillotine I get tired of that working the wire working your ass off trying to make fair trade proposals four teams I had a guy offer me yesterday he offered me LeSean McCoy and Robby Anderson for Julio so this is what I'm going to do with all year in my one League were trading is involved ... no thanks

But....that's the fun of fantasy football. There's not way you can veto a trade like JuJu for Woods. It's not as far apart as you think. In my format JuJu finished as WR9 and Woods as WR11.

• Like 1

well this is the out come of what happen with this situation since ive been busy all day and havent been able to read this.. but thank you for all ur replys..

he also trade bell for r. freeman.. and fournette for singletary..  so as a league in group text he ended up just trying to ruin league i guess and was fighting with everyone guess he on some crazy manure so i vetoed all trades kicked him out ( sad after 7 good years) and i got another guy thats friends with us all to take his team.. and i kept his money.

crazy league drama but done now..

15 minutes ago, lttsmchl said:

well this is the out come of what happen with this situation since ive been busy all day and havent been able to read this.. but thank you for all ur replys..

he also trade bell for r. freeman.. and fournette for singletary..  so as a league in group text he ended up just trying to ruin league i guess and was fighting with everyone guess he on some crazy manure so i vetoed all trades kicked him out ( sad after 7 good years) and i got another guy thats friends with us all to take his team.. and i kept his money.

lol what was his gripe that he wanted to ruin the league for?

17 minutes ago, lttsmchl said:

If this was included in the original post, all replies would have been different.