[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

+COVID test - game delay (very possible)

XFlash

For our dynasty IDP league.  We instituted first come first serve waivers, Thursday morning after blind bidding on Wednesday morning, a couple years ago because of late injury situations.  Runs through early Sunday games and pretty sure everyone is a fan.  If there was ever a year to proactively plan for contingent additional late waiver runs; this would be that year.

9 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Let's be honest, the biggest surprise is the league made it this long. This thing is unpredictable and will eventually turn into a complicated Sudoku puzzle. They'll probably start adding on weeks.

+1. The league should plan for hard stops in 2 week blocks. I'm not sure now is the time but weeks 5 and 6 would be a great idea. Cool this all off and then come back. They may have to repeat it and add on a bunch of weeks but so what - the stadiums are empty and no one else is doing poop in them.

I think what we saw from PIT-TEN and NE-KC tell us a lot about what to expect in the future. If there are many cases, and there are more new positives every day or two, the game is less likely to be played in the scheduled week. If there are only a few (or just 1) positive, even late in the week, the game will be played if at all possible. How easy it is to reschedule the games will also impact the decisions, PIT-TEN was easy to move, impacting only one other team (BAL has their bye and game with PIT swapped). If the move is more complex (NE-KC was getting messy with some attempts I saw people making to rework the schedule) it is more likely to get played. As we start to move past the byes (PIT/TEN in week 4, DET/GB week 5, then 4 most future weeks) it will be harder to move things. So maybe they add a week 18, or 19 and make up games then. If you've played all 16 its some weeks off. Then playoffs, possibly without the week off before the SB. 

Moving playoff games and even the SB is not as big a deal as most years, since there are few other events going on to worry about conflicts, and the fan attendance at the SB is unlikely to be normal. 

Going forward you need to be prepared, it would help to have a "use this player if their game is played" rule like we're implementing, because these are not scheduled byes or a player getting sick or injured before their game. These games are getting postponed with word they'd be played on Mon/Tue, then it becomes a bye week when it may be too late to adjust. Its like having a whole team being a GTD. It would also help if leagues allowed roster moves later in the week, and didn't have limits. I see posts about "it was Saturday I couldn't add anybody" or "we already made our allowed waiver moves for the week". 

I still think putting our money in a pot for charity (maybe a few small prizes for the top few teams) would have been a good plan, but it seemed nobody wanted to talk contingencies in mid July or even days before the draft. Heck after making our substitute rule I had the Hill owner telling me Sunday morning "but they say they game is rescheduled and will be played" instead of just picking his backup WR and giving us that info.