[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons are shutting down their facility

Montana is da Man

yeppers... Vikings-Falcons game is highly vulnerable now.  I have Wilson as my QB and he is on a bye.  Thought I was fine with Cousins in at QB this week, but now have to fish for a different scrub on the Friday Waiver Wire.  

Edited by Dcat

The Falcons could return to their facility Friday after closing it Thursday amid positive COVID-19 tests. 

The newest positive test comes from an assistant coach, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. The team reportedly could have returned to their facility later this afternoon but decided to work remotely. Barring testing setbacks, they should be back in the facility tomorrow. Fantasy players can be cautiously optimistic that the Falcons will be able to play this Sunday against Minnesota. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Every time i hear about. false positive, I'm reminded how rare they are

Yes but they still happen, Governor DeWine of Ohio had one, I thought one of the other NFL players (Gilmore) was a false positive as well. I wonder if these were the rapid tests or the full (PCR?) tests. Early during NFL camp in August the Browns and several other teams had a bunch of false positives all from one lab. 

I'd hope the false negatives are more common than false positives, since most who get a positive on a rapid test follow up with the more reliable test. Those testing negative probably don't test again unless required for something else. 

The NFL seems to have ALOT of false positives, which means their testing platform/company - whatever it is - is not very good. The conspiracy angle doesn't have as much traction with me because ignoring positive tests would just lead to even more positive tests, and that we're not seeing. 

17 hours ago, stethant said:

The NFL seems to have ALOT of false positives, which means their testing platform/company - whatever it is - is not very good. The conspiracy angle doesn't have as much traction with me because ignoring positive tests would just lead to even more positive tests, and that we're not seeing. 

Every single player is tested every single day, that's about 1700 players or more, plus the coaching staff, trainers etc. A very small number of false positives are occurring, even one tenth of one percent would mean a few every day. 

I don't think it is the testing not being very good, but people keep claiming that for some reason. (Most of the time with no information other than reports of some false positive tests. Ohio Governor DeWine had a false positive, so have others. Rapid testing results in less accurate results, but is used quite a bit.