[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With the 3rd Pick of the Draft I take.....

CoveringTheField

3 hours ago, CoveringTheField said:

Who would you take with the 3rd pick of a 14 team league in Fantasy Football? Join in and give us your take.

Jagshemash!

I've heard worse ideas. Tell me though, who is "us?"

7 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I took that as him saying tell us, as in the folks on this board, who we'd take.

I think we need to give new folks the benefit of the doubt.  

:shrug:

Agreed, let the guy hang himself before we do and declare him dead. 

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

And for the record, I would likely go with Kamara in a PPR at 1.03.  Assuming CMC and Barkley go 1-2.

I'd take CMC, Cook, Kamara and Henry before Barkley possibly. 

Edited by irish

2 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Unless you're dead set on one of those guys above the others, it's a good year to try trade back a few spots if you can get a decent return

Absolutely! 

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

Unless you're dead set on one of those guys above the others, it's a good year to try trade back a few spots if you can get a decent return

1 hour ago, irish said:

Absolutely! 

Agreed. They all have question marks. I would happily trade down this year if I have a top 4 pick.

I can completely appreciate those who advocate moving down. Henry and Cook are great options but both carry some injury risk. Henry may be an outlier given he doles out punishment not receives it like a typical back. As a former player in contact sports, I always felt it was less punishing when you were the one initiating contact vs vice versa. Hard to count against the guy regardless of carries, but not sure I'd try it next year.  Cook is an injury waiting to happen, IMO, as a Vikings fan. Great player, but plays light for the position of a banger.  Hard to argue with any of the top 10. Even Hill as a receiver seems pretty locked in, you could do a lot worse taking him around 10