[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hurts hurts

1fastdoc

18 minutes ago, j4pac said:

Goedert’s value is so tricky. He has his truthers who think that he is a future top 5 TE when the time finally comes. But then there’s always a question of when that time will come.

I think to be one of the top  TEs in the NFL you have to be key part of your offense, like Kelce and Kittle. Its not just skill, its opportunity. Also not having another TE to take away those opportunities. The Browns use 3 TEs and together they'd probably have stats in the top 5. 

Ertz had the skills, and was getting the looks 2-3 years ago to be in that discussion. 

Could also be having a QB that relies on them, not necessarily a scheme or game plan that features them. 

• Like 1

If any of y'all put any stock into what Colin Cowherd says, he thinks Hurts is a franchise QB.  They had a segment yesterday where they went through all of the "young" QBs (26 and younger, I believe) and he noted whether they were just "fill-ins" or "franchises".  He said Hurts is a franchise. He said he struggles with the deep ball, but with the way they've built the Philly offense, he doesn't necessarily have to be great at it.  He noted that he leads the league in QB rushing TDs and players seem to gravitate towards him.  :shrug:  

6 minutes ago, darin3 said:

If any of y'all put any stock into what Colin Cowherd says, he thinks Hurts is a franchise QB.  They had a segment yesterday where they went through all of the "young" QBs (26 and younger, I believe) and he noted whether they were just "fill-ins" or "franchises".  He said Hurts is a franchise. He said he struggles with the deep ball, but with the way they've built the Philly offense, he doesn't necessarily have to be great at it.  He noted that he leads the league in QB rushing TDs and players seem to gravitate towards him.  :shrug:  

Cowherd is a complete moron. That kid couldn't throw a football in the ocean. He's a runner who plays QB, bottom line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Cowherd is a complete moron. That kid couldn't throw a football in the ocean. He's a runner who plays QB, bottom line. 

Cowherd has his moments.  They're few and far between, but they're there.  In this case, I'm not sure what to think.  I saw Hurts make some pretty nice throws while at 'Bama, but that was against inferior competition with an elite OL and to elite WRs in Smith and Waddle.  Now, he has the aforementioned Smith and a nice TE in Goedert (although it's painfully apparent he doesn't know how to properly utilize him).  

All I know is that he's been a pretty nifty fantasy QB this season and if he's the starter in 2022, I would have absolutely zero problem taking him as my QB1.  That said, I'd probably want to back him up with a guy like Cousins or the like just in case the leash is short.

7 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Cowherd has his moments.  They're few and far between, but they're there.  In this case, I'm not sure what to think.  I saw Hurts make some pretty nice throws while at 'Bama, but that was against inferior competition with an elite OL and to elite WRs in Smith and Waddle.  Now, he has the aforementioned Smith and a nice TE in Goedert (although it's painfully apparent he doesn't know how to properly utilize him).  

All I know is that he's been a pretty nifty fantasy QB this season and if he's the starter in 2022, I would have absolutely zero problem taking him as my QB1.  That said, I'd probably want to back him up with a guy like Cousins or the like just in case the leash is short.

He's an amazing Fantasy player and should have a decent career as a backup but as for him being a "franchise QB", no way. He just doesn't have the arm strength or accuracy to make throws from the pocket. Dare I say Tim Tebow? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He's an amazing Fantasy player and should have a decent career as a backup but as for him being a "franchise QB", no way. He just doesn't have the arm strength or accuracy to make throws from the pocket. Dare I say Tim Tebow? 

I may disagree with you often, but that is spot on. Not sure why some want to keep pivoting back to FANTASY football when we're talking REAL football. Yes this is a fantasy forum, but we should be able to have REAL football discussion. I recall that being more common in the past, sure they would touch on the impact for fantasy, but we could still stay grounded in their value to their NFL team, not just on our fantasy rosters. 

16 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

He's a different animal than Tebow ever was.

20 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Fantasy wise, yes. Similar in the fact that you can only get so far with a QB who can't make throws from the pocket. 

Agreed, but I was thinking more like Tebow was a fullback with an OK arm playing QB.  Hurts is a better passer than Tebow and is more like a RB than FB.

Anyways... we'll see what the Iggles do.  They were certainly on a stretch there where they were not only producing fantasy-wise but also winning football games.

39 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

How about sitting through an entire Eagles game so you can see exactly how inadequate he is as an NFL QB. 

This is the only conclusion I can come to right now. It is possible that the problem is the combo of Sirianni and Hurts, and I am open to that. But....there are some obvious major problems with Hurts as a passer that were brought into sharp focus by a replacement level QB (Minshew) performing better with the pass game than anything Hurts has done all year, minus the Atlanta game perhaps.

5 hours ago, stethant said:

This is the only conclusion I can come to right now. It is possible that the problem is the combo of Sirianni and Hurts, and I am open to that. But....there are some obvious major problems with Hurts as a passer that were brought into sharp focus by a replacement level QB (Minshew) performing better with the pass game than anything Hurts has done all year, minus the Atlanta game perhaps.

Absolutely! If you remember Wentz was still QB when Sirianni was hired. That's who he thought he was working with. Hurts was thrown into his lap and he had to tailor an offense for a guy who can't throw. This is not Sirianni's offense right now.