[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ever step back, look at your life, and ask WTF?

1fastdoc

I often give people the advice - if you're digging a hole, the first thing to do is put down the shovel.  

Yet, I sometimes seem to be driving a damn backhoe. 

I keep typing various stuff then deleting it.  I think I'll just stop now.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

I often give people the advice - if you're digging a hole, the first thing to do is put down the shovel.  

Life gets at you quick when you're not paying attention.  Whatever you're dealing with I wish you the best. Whether here or elsewhere,  if you're having these thoughts,  maybe it's time you seek the advice instead of giving it.

As for typing and deleting,  I do it all the time.  I've written out lengthy posts and never hit submit after I've read it over again. Sometimes reading your own words is all you need.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Thanks 1

Geez Doc, you okay? I hope everything is alright. 

I think we've all had some damn low times. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 10:07 PM, 1fastdoc said:

where we are is a convergence of all of the choices we have made.  I sometimes wonder where a different path may have led me. 

hang in there.

23 hours ago, irish said:

Geez Doc, you okay? I hope everything is alright. 

I think we've all had some damn low times. 

I'm alright. I am going through a divorce and I started my own practice last summer. Sometimes I get overwhelmed. Friday was a difficult day - my soon to be ex keeps the 1.5 mil house in one of the nicest parts of Nashville and the car. She will have essentially the same quality of life thanks to 7k/mo coming her way. I get to keep my retirement accounts intact but I don't know where I'll live in 3 months. It definitely won't be the same lifestyle. And while I used to make outstanding money, on which the alimony is unfortunately based, a sole practice is expensive and I net half of what I used to. I was able to build the kind of practice I wanted, but I wonder sometimes if it will work. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I'm alright. I am going through a divorce and I started my own practice last summer. Sometimes I get overwhelmed. Friday was a difficult day - my soon to be ex keeps the 1.5 mil house in one of the nicest parts of Nashville and the car. She will have essentially the same quality of life thanks to 7k/mo coming her way. I get to keep my retirement accounts intact but I don't know where I'll live in 3 months. It definitely won't be the same lifestyle. And while I used to make outstanding money, on which the alimony is unfortunately based, a sole practice is expensive and I net half of what I used to. I was able to build the kind of practice I wanted, but I wonder sometimes if it will work. 

I'm sorry to hear about, not just the difficult day on Friday, but about the divorce in general. I myself went through a divorce as well over 10 years ago and lost my entire extended family over it because of their old school, religious mindset. In your case, paying the hefty alimony price, as well as losing the car and house are brutal, but hopefully, moving on from the marriage and getting another chance at living the happiest life you can will be worth it. I wish you all the best, keep your head up. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/28/2022 at 10:47 PM, 1fastdoc said:

1) Your own practice.  Excellent.  You will be happier for it, in the end.  

2) keep it all in perspective.  You've got a pretty good scene, even with the bumps in the road.

3) you'll make it work because quitting is for pussies.  Seriously.  

4) Once the sting wears off find a nice little... well, you know the thing.