[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2022 NFL Draft

League_Champion

5 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I was thinking the same thing. When you look at their 2021 draft combined with 2022, they have a bright future. 

And Adam Gase isn't there to screw up all their young players. :woot:

11 hours ago, millworkguy said:

What a wr run, Burks maybe #1 now

Him and London have the worst comps out of the bunch, but the landing spots for Wilson and Williams are just so bad IMO. 

10 hours ago, Shaft said:

I was thinking the same thing. When you look at their 2021 draft combined with 2022, they have a bright future. 

Nope...Jets. 

I see people online raving about how well Baltimore did, but I'm just not buying in. They already brought in Marcus Williams in FA and they take another safety when they know they are going to need another WR after they trade Hollywood. I know Hamilton is a steal at that spot, but man, Burks would be a perfect fit in that offense and Dotson wouldn't be bad either. Then trading Brown for 23. I get that he's not happy, but are they really going to go into the season with Rashod Bateman as their #1 and for what? A center that they could have had later and a 4th round pick? They got great players, but they lost an outstanding receiver, pissed off their QB and didn't really gain a lot in doing it.

16 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

I think Olave is in the best spot out of all of them. 

From a fantasy perspective, I'm not a big fan. I don't think the passing volume will be high enough for him to have a consistent impact. I think Jameson Williams and Garret Wilson will have the biggest fantasy impact from the 1st round receivers, but I think there will be someone who lands with the right team in the 2nd will have the most immediate value.

Edited by rajncajn

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I just don't get how they took Olave when Jameson Williams was still on the board. That's crazy to me. Williams has a Superstar pedigree. 

Fit, they liked his personal traits and the injury to Williams is my guess. I think Michael Thomas is the big key in the decision because Olave is the perfect player to pair with him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Fit, they liked his personal traits and the injury to Williams is my guess. I think Michael Thomas is the big key in the decision because Olave is the perfect player to pair with him.

Perhaps but between what they gave up in the Eagles trade and then moving up again?? I'm not sure he's worth all that. With Jameson on the board he would of fell further

20 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Perhaps but between what they gave up in the Eagles trade and then moving up again?? I'm not sure he's worth all that. With Jameson on the board he would of fell further

Don't get me started. The Vikings could have drafted Williams and instead pulled a manure trade where they lost value. Time will tell but I am not happy currently 

34 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I see people online raving about how well Baltimore did, but I'm just not buying in. They already brought in Marcus Williams in FA and they take another safety when they know they are going to need another WR after they trade Hollywood. I know Hamilton is a steal at that spot, but man, Burks would be a perfect fit in that offense and Dotson wouldn't be bad either. Then trading Brown for 23. I get that he's not happy, but are they really going to go into the season with Rashod Bateman as their #1 and for what? A center that they could have had later and a 4th round pick? They got great players, but they lost an outstanding receiver, pissed off their QB and didn't really gain a lot in doing it.

Such a waste of a what was a beautiful looking box safety for IDP, think he'll be playing high and dry now. 

49 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I want to save this comment and we will come back at the end of the season and see where both guys fell. I think the injury to Jameson is what scared off the saints. They want a guy ready now and from Allen said they felt very strong about him. Usually when they move up to get a guy its because they feel he fits them the best from what's available. Majority of the time when they move up its worked out really well for them. If you have a chance to have the best WR duo in the league you take those chances to get in those early spots and that's what they did. Everyone said Saints lost that trade with Eagles but I see it more of both teams getting what they need. Eagles can use those picks for the future to keep building and Saints needed those high picks now because the team is like 90% complete. Just need the team to stay healthy now. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCajun said:

I want to save this comment and we will come back at the end of the season and see where both guys fell. I think the injury to Jameson is what scared off the saints. They want a guy ready now and from Allen said they felt very strong about him. Usually when they move up to get a guy its because they feel he fits them the best from what's available. Majority of the time when they move up its worked out really well for them. If you have a chance to have the best WR duo in the league you take those chances to get in those early spots and that's what they did. Everyone said Saints lost that trade with Eagles but I see it more of both teams getting what they need. Eagles can use those picks for the future to keep building and Saints needed those high picks now because the team is like 90% complete. Just need the team to stay healthy now. 

Seriously, add up what they gave up in the Eagles trade, then again to move up last night for Olave. Do you realize what they paid for Olave? 

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Seriously, add up what they gave up in the Eagles trade, then again to move up last night for Olave. Do you realize what they paid for Olave? 

Teams have given up more for less. I guess im just being over confident in what they are doing. I believe in Ireland, Loomis, and Allen making the right decision. I see how so under rated and over looked the team is this year. Pretty much every analyst is bashing the saints saying they will suck since Payton is gone and we had a down year. Which I could type of whole article of the problems we had and still went above .500. That why I believe we were aggressive and giving up a good bit to get a game changing asset and its was a Win. An outsiders perspective can very way different then someone that follows the team very closely. I could say the Eagles are doing a bunch of dumb stuff but in turn you would tell me the reason why they did and open my eyes to why. That's why these forums are so nice to discuss things like this and learn more about what teams are trying to do from a close fans perspective. We should all be open to what close fans have to say and look at it from their perspective. Saints had a different need then the Eagles and they were aggressive for what they wanted. At the end of the day both teams got what they needed and it will benefit. I'm always up for Quality not Quantity 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

Teams have given up more for less. I guess im just being over confident in what they are doing. I believe in Ireland, Loomis, and Allen making the right decision. I see how so under rated and over looked the team is this year. Pretty much every analyst is bashing the saints saying they will suck since Payton is gone and we had a down year. Which I could type of whole article of the problems we had and still went above .500. That why I believe we were aggressive and giving up a good bit to get a game changing asset and its was a Win. An outsiders perspective can very way different then someone that follows the team very closely. I could say the Eagles are doing a bunch of dumb stuff but in turn you would tell me the reason why they did and open my eyes to why. That's why these forums are so nice to discuss things like this and learn more about what teams are trying to do from a close fans perspective. We should all be open to what close fans have to say and look at it from their perspective. Saints had a different need then the Eagles and they were aggressive for what they wanted. At the end of the day both teams got what they needed and it will benefit. I'm always up for Quality not Quantity 

There are a few big ifs IMO. IF Winston returns healthy, IF Michael Thomas returns healthy and back to form, IF the Saints can cover for whatever happens with Kamara and a very underrated IF the Saints can re-sign Kwon Alexander then I am VERY confident the Saints will win the division and have a serious shot in the playoffs. There's a lot that has to go right, but so far I really like our chances with what I'm seeing. LT was huge for us.

Edited by rajncajn

Just now, rajncajn said:

The are a few big ifs IMO. IF Winston returns healthy, IF Michael Thomas returns healthy and back to form, IF the Saints can cover for whatever happens with Kamara and a very underrated IF the Saints can re-sign Kwon Alexander then I am VERY confident the Saints will win the division and have a serious shot in the playoffs. There a lot that has to go right, but so far I really like our chances with what I'm seeing. LT was huge for us.

Winston and MT will be fully back from what im seeing. Also, now that we should have a high ceiling tackle from the draft Winston wont have to move much and he will be comfortable in pocket. I am hoping we get Kwon back because he is thriving with us. But, if we cant Pete shows signs of growth and I think he will emerge this year. Also, Elliss is starting to get better as well. Im happy about the Olave pick but I am supper pumped about the Pancake Penny pick. He is a massive guy. Saw footage of that dude throwing defenders around, pushing three guys out the way and making a huge lane. Kamara and Ingram will have some big ass lanes with him. Im hoping we draft a good rb in the 5th round to replace Ingram. 

The Vikings basically traded down 20 spots in the 1st to move up 12 in the second.  That makes sense IF you're adding another 2nd, not a 3rd.  Or, maybe you're getting a future 2nd, or a future 1st with a 3rd going back to DET.  As it is, it screams "desperate to move down," which is so different than what we normally see (the opposite).  

The only explanation is that there were way more teams wanting to move down than up.  Even then, why sell the #12 pick for such crappy value?  Their argument has to be that they feel they can get another quality pick with what they added, but at #66, that's a bit of a stretch.  I mean, sure, you hope so, but statistically speaking, what are the chances?  The other argument I've seen in favor of the trade is that Cine at #32 is good value.  That's really irrelevant, IMO.  I'm not saying it's a bad pick.  I'm saying they should have gotten more for the 12-pick.  Unless, of course, the argument is that Cine = Hamilton (not the same player, but equal value), which some people believe.  I guess we will see with time.  

If they can land three quality players tonight, I'll feel better.  Of course, it could play out that I feel even worse after tonight as well.  Looking forward to it with cautious optimism.  :unsure:  :lol:

Is it just me or is this draft coverage with all the extra garbage and "special" visitors thrown in absolutely horrible? I had too much Chris Angel last night and they open with a crappy stunt from him tonight. Then,  hey,  let's go talk to Gronk! When are they going to learn not to put this moron in front of a camera? /endrant

5 hours ago, Gopher said:

The Vikings basically traded down 20 spots in the 1st to move up 12 in the second.  That makes sense IF you're adding another 2nd, not a 3rd.  Or, maybe you're getting a future 2nd, or a future 1st with a 3rd going back to DET.  As it is, it screams "desperate to move down," which is so different than what we normally see (the opposite).  

The only explanation is that there were way more teams wanting to move down than up.  Even then, why sell the #12 pick for such crappy value?  Their argument has to be that they feel they can get another quality pick with what they added, but at #66, that's a bit of a stretch.  I mean, sure, you hope so, but statistically speaking, what are the chances?  The other argument I've seen in favor of the trade is that Cine at #32 is good value.  That's really irrelevant, IMO.  I'm not saying it's a bad pick.  I'm saying they should have gotten more for the 12-pick.  Unless, of course, the argument is that Cine = Hamilton (not the same player, but equal value), which some people believe.  I guess we will see with time.  

If they can land three quality players tonight, I'll feel better.  Of course, it could play out that I feel even worse after tonight as well.  Looking forward to it with cautious optimism.  :unsure:  :lol:

On paper I don't think it is a great call. But whatever they get another player in the top 70 and we won't know if it is good or bad for a while.