[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2022 NFL Draft

League_Champion

I don't think I've missed being at a bar with buddies for Round One in many years.  Actually... wait... due to COVID BS I wasn't at a bar last year.... but pretty much every year before that.... maybe like a decade?

Welp, I will be missing it this year. I am going up to Santa Barbara for a college reunion thingie.  I will be paying attention on my phone and will be at bars so hopefully they have it on and I can peek at what's going on every now and then.

But I will miss sitting at a bar with my buddy @RodneyRules having beers.  And we have a tradition where we pull off at least one trade in one of the leagues we're in together.  He'll probably catch me drunk and get a hell of a deal this year.  LOL

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I miss that as well. I really wish it was over a weekend. The first round takes forever. 

It used to be that way, but the powers that be thught the current system works better.

2 minutes ago, Big John said:

It used to be that way, but the powers that be thught the current system works better.

I like the current system.  First round is a spectacle and it's fun going to sit at a bar for a few hours, talk shop with buddies, pull off trades, whatever.  Only a handful of those first 32 will make fantasy football impacts anyways, since a lot of the guys going are OL.

The Saturday of the draft is great too... just sit around and watch where guys you've been following in college that you think will be fantasy producers land.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

I don't think I've missed being at a bar with buddies for Round One in many years.  Actually... wait... due to COVID BS I wasn't at a bar last year.... but pretty much every year before that.... maybe like a decade?

Welp, I will be missing it this year. I am going up to Santa Barbara for a college reunion thingie.  I will be paying attention on my phone and will be at bars so hopefully they have it on and I can peek at what's going on every now and then.

But I will miss sitting at a bar with my buddy @RodneyRules having beers.  And we have a tradition where we pull off at least one trade in one of the leagues we're in together.  He'll probably catch me drunk and get a hell of a deal this year.  LOL

Awww man it hurts….such a good tradition brother.  You getting to watch me cry over the manurety GIANTS draft picks!!!!!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Big John said:

Anything for more money. I suspect bars are not disappointed, if they get people flocking there to watch draft coverage for 2-3 consecutive days. I'm not into the draft like some, have rarely watched it closely and only time I went to a bar to watch with friends was 2018 when Browns had 2 top 5 picks.

PS  I don't follow college football, which probably is a big factor in having little interest in the draft. 

Edited by stevegrab

I move to have Gopher's entry stricken from the books, he totally cheated!  

4 for 4!!