[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Honey Badger to the Saints

Big John

29 minutes ago, darin3 said:

He started to slip in terms of fantasy production with the Chiefs, but I think he bounces back with the Saints to once again become a stud DB.

I mean he is about to join a top 3 defense with one of the best defensive minded coaches in DA. He will for sure be elite again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

He started to slip in terms of fantasy production with the Chiefs, but I think he bounces back with the Saints to once again become a stud DB.

He slipped because he stole money from the Chiefs this past year. Lets just say he made a lot of business decisions when they didn't extend his contract prior to last season.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

From an NFL standpoint, I love this signing, but I'm not really sold on the fantasy production. I think per snap, he may improve, but I think his solo snap count will struggle to meet expectations, meaning he will probably rotate some. Saints use a lot of big nickel packages and their other DBs (Lattimore, Adebo, CJ Gardner-Johnson, PJ Williams/Maye) are highly active. Simply put, he will compete for tackles on the Saints defense and at this point in his career, the big plays aren't going to be as plentiful.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Big John said:

He has removed all references to the Saints from his twitter account.

This seems like an odd situation, and found more info where he is saying that a tweet he made and later deleted had nothing to do with the Saints and whether he is cut, starts etc. 

https://247sports.com/Article/New-Orlean-Saints-Tyrann-Mathieu-clarifies-confusion-after-deleted-tweet-192297977/

I also see this tweet, which appears to indicate he is getting off Twitter entirely, and wants people to follow him on Instagram instead.