[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derek Carr chat

darin3

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Huh?  The bromance ended when the Raiders decided they were done with Carr. 

Of course Adams would like to be reunited with a great QB who he knows well. 

Was there more to it?  

Just saying Adams moved on kind of quick considering he and Carr were slobbering over each other when he became a Raider. Not much deeper than that 

37 minutes ago, whomper said:

Just saying Adams moved on kind of quick considering he and Carr were slobbering over each other when he became a Raider. Not much deeper than that 

And I'm just pointing out he was forced to move on, by the team getting rid of the QB he came there to play with. 

Would it be better if he did something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43Rfh6Csjg

34 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Actually yes, that would of been AWESOME! 

There's actually tons of YouTube videos of him throwing Romo under the bus as well. Ohh, the good old days. 😊 The NFL needs another TO. 

You sure do love the TMZ side of the NFL. 

This is a bit TMZ-Twatteresque, but apparently Carr's brother posted a photoshopped pic of Carr in a Saints uniform and when someone pointed out that it would lead people to believe it's actually happening he posted something about the cat already being out of the bag. Both tweets have subsequently been deleted. And, of course, the Saints fans are freaking out already. :lol:

The fans, from what I can tell are somewhat split. A lot of them don't want to give up a pick for him, a lot of them don't think we'll be much better with him so not worth the cost and many, myself included, think it's a great move. I guess we shall see, but more often than not I've gotten my hopes up for a player only to see them go elsewhere.

40 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

myself included, think it's a great move. I guess we shall see, but more often than not I've gotten my hopes up for a player only to see them go elsewhere.

It would be a great move, because what other options do they have? They have nothing at QB right now, free agents don't want to go there. If anything they'd have stability at QB in a very winnable division now that Brady is gone. I'm not a huge fan of Carr's, he tends to melt down in big games but If I'm the Saints I'd definitely make a run at him, because they have to. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

It would be a great move, because what other options do they have? They have nothing at QB right now, free agents don't want to go there. If anything they'd have stability at QB in a very winnable division now that Brady is gone. I'm not a huge fan of Carr's, he tends to melt down in big games but If I'm the Saints I'd definitely make a run at him, because they have to. 

Not sure where you get that free agents don't want to go there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Not sure where you get that free agents don't want to go there.

If there's no QB??? 

I know you're a Saints mark but I have to break it to you, they're not as good or as desirable as you think. This division is wide open and this is their opportunity to grab it. There's not a QB on that roster right now that's going to win anything, upgrading is a must. Is that not true? 

7 hours ago, darin3 said:

Yeah the Raiders are just going to release him so he can sign somewhere else. 

That sounds like sarcasm, so what do you think the Raiders are going to do?

Eat his massive contract ($40M guaranteed on Wednesday) and keep him on the bench? They decided they are moving on, he has a no trade clause. Its up to them to find a partner that works for them and him. If he isn't interested, their hands are tied. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/derek-carr-will-refuse-any-trade-offer-raiders-expected-to-release-longtime-qb-this-week-per-report/

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Eat his massive contract ($40M guaranteed on Wednesday) and keep him on the bench? They decided they are moving on, he has a no trade clause. Its up to them to find a partner that works for them and him. If he isn't interested, their hands are tied. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/derek-carr-will-refuse-any-trade-offer-raiders-expected-to-release-longtime-qb-this-week-per-report/

Darin is probably right. LV really has no choice but to cut him and I'm certain someone will be willing to pay more than the Saints. The Saints will probably be willing to come up some from their original offer,  but they ultimately will hold fast on breaking the bank for him. The ball is in Carr's court and at this point in his career he needs to maximize whatever he can get. Look for whoever has the deepest pockets right now and that's likely who he will be playing for next season.

On 2/13/2023 at 5:33 AM, stevegrab said:

:blink: No. 

• Like 1