[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derek Carr chat

darin3

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'd rather see him with the Saints. I don't see him winning much in Carolina, at least not yet. There's just nothing to work with offensively. 

i tend to agree.

I would think (depending on the exodus) that tampa or the jets might be the most desirable qb slot our there for the FA QBs

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

i tend to agree.

I would think (depending on the exodus) that tampa or the jets might be the most desirable qb slot our there for the FA QBs

I have a feeling Carolina will throw the bank at him. Not only because the division is up for grabs,  but also to keep him off the Saints and Bucs rosters. 

11 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I have a feeling Carolina will throw the bank at him. Not only because the division is up for grabs,  but also to keep him off the Saints and Bucs rosters. 

If you were a qb, where would you want to go? ... certainly that division is enticing.  Who else the team would be targeting would also be relevant. 

13 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

If you were a qb, where would you want to go? ... certainly that division is enticing.  Who else the team would be targeting would also be relevant. 

Yes, but guaranteed money will also talk, if anyone is willing to fully guarantee a contract they will be paid attention to. 

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

That depends on where I'm at in my career. For Carr I think he's going to want to maximize his value now. If you want to know who I think he'd go to if he's looking to make a run,  I'd still probably lean Jets over Saints. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I think Tampa would be the best option for any of the free agent QBs. That team is built to win now and it's not the worst place to live either. 

That team went 8-9 with Tom Brady in a very weak division. They've got issues greater than the worst cap situation in the league. I'll be pretty surprised if he signs with Tampa and even if he does I still doubt they even make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Carr is meeting with the Jets this weekend. I'd be shocked if he goes to any cold weather City. 

"Carr is 0-5 in games where the temperature is under 37 degrees. In those five games, he has never scored more than 17 points, and has only one game with a passer rating over 78.

In those games, he has failed to top 222 passing yards in four out of five contests, has never thrown more than one touchdown in any game, and has thrown a total of five interceptions." - Betsided 

39 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Carr is meeting with the Jets this weekend. I'd be shocked if he goes to any cold weather City. 

"Carr is 0-5 in games where the temperature is under 37 degrees. In those five games, he has never scored more than 17 points, and has only one game with a passer rating over 78.

In those games, he has failed to top 222 passing yards in four out of five contests, has never thrown more than one touchdown in any game, and has thrown a total of five interceptions." - Betsided 

Would be interesting to see who those games were against, and what the other factors were that impacted the game. A small sample taken without context isn't that meaningful. 

I just read portions of two articles, one appears to be where you got your info (0-5) and another on sportsskeeda that says 0-7.  Both talk about a game against PIT this past season. That was Christmas weekend, when a portion of the country saw some of the coldest weather ever. The Steelers also struggled on offense, and they play in "cold city" climate all season. 

As far as NY and it being cold, sure it is compared to LV or OAK, but not compared to other cities like PIT, CLE, CHI, GB. 

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

As far as NY and it being cold, sure it is compared to LV or OAK, but not compared to other cities like PIT, CLE, CHI, GB. 

East Rutherford, NJ, where the Jets play, is no where near as cold as those cities. Honestly, it follows the 4 seasons like a textbook. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 4:33 PM, League_Champion said:

OMG, this silly argument was being discussed in Jets forum.  Carr has started 142 games in NFL. 5 games lost in cold weather is way too small a sample size to make any such claim.  In fact, it's absurd.  Not only that, but since Carr has only been a Raider, you have to think that the handful of games starting in cold weather were all/mostly in Denver.  So not only is the sample size ridiculously small, it's biased as well since they games were all in Denver.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

OMG, this silly argument was being discussed in Jets forum.  Carr has started 142 games in NFL. 5 games lost in cold

It's definitely a small sampe size. He's only only played 5 games where it was under 37 degrees. He was horrible in all 5. There may be nothing to it but it's certainly worth noting, the stats are what they are. A home playoff game at MetLife stadium, it will be cold. 

I don't know why but I'm still thinking he'll go to the Saints. NY is a tough place for any QB. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's definitely a small sampe size. He's only only played 5 games where it was under 37 degrees. He was horrible in all 5. There may be nothing to it but it's certainly worth noting, the stats are what they are. A home playoff game at MetLife stadium, it will be cold. 

I don't know why but I'm still thinking he'll go to the Saints. NY is a tough place for any QB. 

Fact:  The stats on this are not sufficient enough to reach any conclusions on this specific issue.  Ask any stat professor. Add to the fact that most, if not all, of the five (5) (LOLOLOL) in the sample size were in Denver vs the same opponent.  My stats guy says this is the dumbest argument being made on the Jets board.  

• Thanks 1

Cold weather or not, Carr has not been the same QB since he hurt his leg. Any time he gets guys around his legs he gets skittish and gets out of there.

But, he is good enough. And on a Jets team that is ready to win now with that defense, Carr should be able to manage that offense. And he generally stays healthy overall.

To me, that's the team he should go to if they want him.  And as for the Jets, unless you are getting Rodgers Carr makes the most sense of any other guy out there. 

• Like 1