[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

****Chiefs Vs Eagles OFFICIAL Super Bowl Thread - RIBS IT IS!!!!!****

Chief Dick

I'm no homer but I think the Eagles win by the slimmest of margins, but in no way would I be shocked if KC wins either. Jalen Hurts hasn't looked good for a while now, at least since the injury. Hopefully he shakes off the cobwebs and puts together a big game, he'll need it. 

Looking at the matchup it should be one hell of a game. 

On 2/9/2023 at 8:40 PM, League_Champion said:

The secret to a good cheese steak is the roll. I get Amaroso rolls which are even hard to find here. Also NO minute steak, real shredded steak only. Of course fried onions and provolone 

Try a Ciabatta roll. I have made sandwiches with just about anything on a Ciabatta roll. I spread some butter and some fresh garlic on them and bake them in the oven. OMG! 
 For those of you who like Buffalo wings, try taking the meat off the wings and put on a Ciabatta roll. Drizzle a little ranch dressing on the top and it’s awesome.

My gut is telling me that this will be a blowout. Think what Tampa did to KC a few years ago. Sorry, CD. I hope I’m dead wrong though. Nobody likes a blowout unless it’s your team. Just hoping for a great game that comes down to the last possession.

Edited by Jaxfactor904

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Fried catfish,  fried shrimp,  tater salad etc is our menu for tomorrow. 

Never had catfish, what could you compare it to?

Edited by irish
  • Confused 1

Happy Superbowl day Huddlers!

Apparently Mississippi is very well represented in the Superbowl. 8 players from my home state between the two teams, including AJ Brown and Willie Gay who won a state Championship together for Stakville. 

From the article:

Mississippians who play for the Philadelphia Eagles include All Pro defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and running back Kenneth Gainwell, both of Yazoo City; quarterback Gardner Minshew of Brandon; wide receiver A.J. Brown of Starkville and linebacker Nakobe Dean of Horn Lake.

Mississippians who play for Kansas City include All Pro defensive tackle Chris Jones of Houston, Willie Gay of Starkville and linebacker Darius Harris of Horn Lake.

Amazingly, the towns of Horn Lake (population 28,000), Yazoo City (10,000) and Starkville (24,500) all boast two players each on football’s biggest stage.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Curious as to how you do Catfish. Do you do the buttermilk as well and what's your seasonings of choice? 

I actually have never fried catfish. My BIL is doing the meal today. However, when we fry fish it's usually with a mustard bath and seasoned corn meal. 

Eta recipe. This is pretty close to how we do ours:

https://www.deepsouthdish.com/2022/09/mustard-fried-fish.html?m=1

Edited by rajncajn

5 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Another fact about Mississippi.

The number of babies in Mississippi being treated for congenital syphilis has jumped by more than 900% over five years.

@rajncajn can only do so much by himself

Edited by Bier Meister
  • Sad 1

• Chief Dick changed the title to ****Chiefs Vs Eagles OFFICIAL Super Bowl Thread - RIBS IT IS!!!!!****
  • DMD locked this topic