[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are the Titans trying to trade King Henry?

irish

2 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Nick Chubb is supposedly on the block as well. Browns gotta pay Watson somehow.

And they have Hunt as well. 

2 minutes ago, irish said:

And they have Hunt as well. 

Hunt is likely to leave in free agency. I even heard that rookie RB Jerome Ford could become the backup RB to Chubb. (D'Ernest Johnson's contract expires)

Watson has already said he'd be willing to rework his contract to make room to sign other players.

I have not heard any talk of the Browns shopping Nick Chubb. He will get paid what he's worth, whether that contract is done before the season starts or later(he's under contract thru 2024 so there's no rush now). I do see a tweet reporting that the Browns are shopping Chubb, from "the Fantasy source" which I've never heard of and there's no reference to their source. 

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Hunt is likely to leave in free agency. I even heard that rookie RB Jerome Ford could become the backup RB to Chubb. (D'Ernest Johnson's contract expires)

Watson has already said he'd be willing to rework his contract to make room to sign other players.

I have not heard any talk of the Browns shopping Nick Chubb. He will get paid what he's worth, whether that contract is done before the season starts or later(he's under contract thru 2024 so there's no rush now). I do see a tweet reporting that the Browns are shopping Chubb, from "the Fantasy source" which I've never heard of and there's no reference to their source. 

Sounds like it may just be speculation.

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Doesn't seem like a good fit in that offense. 

Absolutely not.  Bills?  No way.  I personally don't think he's going anywhere but who knows.  I'd be flabbergasted if he ended up on the Bills though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Agree.   I had Singletary in fantasy last year and the Bills would stay pass heavy up multiple scores in the 4th quarter.  Henry is a guy you want on a ball control offense running the rock 20+ times a game.  It would benefit the Bills to not rely so much on Josh Allen, but they can easily tweak that approach with cheaper RB options through free agency or the draft.  I thought Hines would do well as a pass catching RB, but they didn't seem to utilize him much outside of special teams.  

Henry is suited for ground and pound, I don't see a Josh Allen led offense going ball control anytime in the near future.  

20 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Agree.   I had Singletary in fantasy last year and the Bills would stay pass heavy up multiple scores in the 4th quarter.  Henry is a guy you want on a ball control offense running the rock 20+ times a game.  It would benefit the Bills to not rely so much on Josh Allen, but they can easily tweak that approach with cheaper RB options through free agency or the draft.  I thought Hines would do well as a pass catching RB, but they didn't seem to utilize him much outside of special teams.  

Henry is suited for ground and pound, I don't see a Josh Allen led offense going ball control anytime in the near future.  

That all said, Cook is should see a hugh uptick in usage next year and beyond.  

Just more "fling some poo against the wall to see what sticks".

• Haha 1

Just now, League_Champion said:

How exactly are the Bills a bad fit? He's exactly what they need. Josh Allen is the only powerback on the roster and Henry can help take that load off of him. 

Cook and Singletary aren't feature backs, they're both complimentary backs. 

Because the cost for Henry would be too high for the little that they would actually use him. Unless you're running an offense that is centered around the run game then Henry isn't the right fit.

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Because the cost for Henry would be too high for the little that they would actually use him. Unless you're running an offense that is centered around the run game then Henry isn't the right fit.

Then you're not paying attention. They tried and wanted to be a run first offense under Daboll but weren't because they couldn't. They try to run the ball but with no success. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Then you're not paying attention. They tried and wanted to be a run first offense under Daboll but weren't because they couldn't. They try to run the ball but with no success. 

It's not about wanting to run it. It's about paying the best RB in the league top money to not be THE key component in their arsenal. I don't think they need or want a Derrick Henry at his price tag. I think they could do just as well with somebody like Jacobs or Montgomery at a lower price tag.

7 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

It's not about wanting to run it. It's about paying the best RB in the league top money to not be THE key component in their arsenal. I don't think they need or want a Derrick Henry at his price tag. I think they could do just as well with somebody like Jacobs or Montgomery at a lower price tag.

I don't know what his current number is but he's not getting bank breaking money going forward, he's too old. Jacobs deal is going to make Henry's look like Kids play. 

11 hours ago, rajncajn said:

So monumentally simple that it cannot be grasped. Of course he has now pivoted to "Jacobs deal will make Henry's look like peanuts".  The hot takes are endless with this guy. 

11 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

So monumentally simple that it cannot be grasped. Of course he has now pivoted to "Jacobs deal will make Henry's look like peanuts".  The hot takes are endless with this guy. 

You don't think they want to run the ball?? You just go with the flow, can't think for yourself at all, it's sad. 

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You don't think they want to run the ball?? You just go with the flow, can't think for yourself at all, it's sad. 

No I thought for myself, and gave my opinion.

15 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I would have elaborated but figured it was common sense that Henry is a workhorse RB, you build an offense around him, you don't sign him to a team where you throw the ball a lot and have a QB who also runs. 

Now deflect to some other thing so you can avoid admitting you're wrong. 

20 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Absolutely no one here has said that they don't want to run the ball. The absurdity of this thought process is mind-boggling.

One... last... time...

They're not going to want to pay Henry money when he'll never be the main focal point of the offense. That does not mean they don't want to run the ball. You believe that Jacobs will get more money,  ok. The point is,  they have other options that will fit their needs and won't cost them as much. Henry makes little sense for them unless he wants to come cheap, which I highly doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure I agree with those odds, at all.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Atlanta, reuinite with Arthur Smith and get a workhorse role. 

And this just fits the Titan's MO of starting with a weak team and throwing away the only assets they have to build their team around.  Instead they'll trade for draft capital, continue to draft poorly and we'll have pure mediocrity for another few years.  Yay TN.  The other half in the house is a Dallas fan.  So, it's going to be a rough 2023.

19 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

Not sure I agree with those odds, at all.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Atlanta, reuinite with Arthur Smith and get a workhorse role. 

And this just fits the Titan's MO of starting with a weak team and throwing away the only assets they have to build their team around.  Instead they'll trade for draft capital, continue to draft poorly and we'll have pure mediocrity for another few years.  Yay TN.  The other half in the house is a Dallas fan.  So, it's going to be a rough 2023.

Yep most of those teams don't make much sense either. Honestly the team that makes sense is TN, they are already built around Henry as a lead RB. The Chiefs and Bengals make about as little sense as the Bills. Heck even the Dolphins (like most NFL teams) are built more around the pass with Hill and Waddle, plus Wilson in his 2nd year.