[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Daniel Jones/Saquon

League_Champion

Jones is the Giants version of K Cousins.  A lot of Cap space for a QB that while being adequate does not seem to be the guy to lead them to the SB.  

10 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Don't you work with special needs kids?

Sure do, does that negate the funny?  I have to put my sense humor up for sale?  Little too dark or close to home?   Hell, I didn't post it, I just found it comical. 

Edited by irish

2 minutes ago, irish said:

Sure do, does that negate the funny?  I have to put my sense humor up for sale?  Little too dark or close to home?   Hell, I didn't post it, I just found it comical. 

I really don't find any humor in using a kid with mental deficiencies to mock someone, but to each his own. Just kinda surprised someone who actually works with these kids wouldn't feel the same way. 

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I really don't find any humor in using a kid with mental deficiencies to mock someone, but to each his own. Just kinda surprised someone who actually works with these kids wouldn't feel the same way. 

Really?  Again, I didn't create or make the tweet, just found it humorous, especially the way the kid said, I'm back!!  I think you're making more of this than need be... again, this isn't the first time this issue has tripped you up. But like you said, to each his/her own. 

28 minutes ago, irish said:

Really?  Again, I didn't create or make the tweet, just found it humorous, especially the way the kid said, I'm back!!  I think you're making more of this than need be... again, this isn't the first time this issue has tripped you up. But like you said, to each his/her own. 

I don't see what the difference is between creating it and sharing it,  but at least it's good to know it's not one of your own kids. 

Edited by rajncajn

8 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Reportedly $82M guaranteed for the first two years? No thanks. I think the Giants got jobbed here but would need to see the full details

Having an agent has its advantages, somebody should tell Lamar. 

11 hours ago, irish said:

Sorry irish, I'm with the Cajun on this one.  Making light (or just "finding it humorous") of someone with mental disabilities is just uncool at best.  Especially for someone who claims to fight for their interests.  It's hypocritical in the very sense of the word.  We've argued about this before and I don't feel like getting into a ping-pong match that goes nowhere, so this'll be all I have to say on the subject this time around.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 2

Just now, darin3 said:

Sorry irish, I'm with the Cajun on this one.  Making light (or just "finding it humorous") of someone with mental disabilities is just uncool at best.  Especially for someone who claims to fight for their interests.  It's hypocritical in the very sense of the word.  We've argued about this before and I don't feel like getting into a ping-pong match that goes nowhere, so this'll be all I have to say on the subject this time around.

I knew a co-worker who worked at a summer camp for special needs kids. Went to a party at his place one time, a lot of his friends who worked the camp were there, and they all seemed to be cracking a lot of jokes about the kids. I figured it was probably just a coping mechanism, like the nurses in an ER who I could hear laughing and telling jokes while there late one night. 

Not saying Irish is doing that, nor do I think he needs to be bashed over this. Besides all it does it take the thread off topic. I avoided responding before, but since this tangent continues... 

9 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Reportedly $82M guaranteed for the first two years? No thanks. I think the Giants got jobbed here but would need to see the full details

I’m with you, it seems insane that Daniel Jones got this kind of money. 

31 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Having an agent has its advantages, somebody should tell Lamar. 

Absolutely. He needs an agent to tell him that Watson’s contract cannot be used as an example for his own negotiation. He needs to get a reasonable deal done and move on. 

25 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

Absolutely. He needs an agent to tell him that Watson’s contract cannot be used as an example for his own negotiation. He needs to get a reasonable deal done and move on. 

Seriously, it's 3%.  I bet he could go to the top 3 firms that handle QBs and say "best I can do is 1%" and they would jump at the offer.

50 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Seriously, it's 3%.  I bet he could go to the top 3 firms that handle QBs and say "best I can do is 1%" and they would jump at the offer.

Good info, I thought the agent's usually got more like 10%, but found a reference that NFL agents cannot get more than 3%, while NBA is 4% max. 

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Sounds good, agree to disagree. Have a great day. 

16 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Actually that is good to hear, i thought they got more and that sounds more reasonable 

I think 10% is something more common in acting, and I just assumed it was used in sports as well. Now I know better.