[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top Waiver Targets For Week 2

Sivaro

11 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

So far I have

Tutu Atwell  - Wr Rams

Puka Nucua - Wr Rams

Kyren Williams - Rb  Rams

My concern is they're... on the Rams.  Kupp will return but with a hamstring injury he won't be as productive as last year.  So they'll spread the targets around just enough to make all of them fantasy irrelevant.  My guess is it will be feast or famine with all 3 WR before Kupp returns and RBBC.  But, if I were to pick one to gamble on, it would be Puka.

Bourne benefited from two other Pats WR ahead of him (Thornton & Parker) being out. 

Ertz needs to be traded to have much value, Trey McBride will be taking over that job in AZ, Ertz had a lot of targets and receptions, but still had fewer yards. I suppose in PPR he may still have some value. AZ offense will be a mess this year. 

Zack Wilson in 2QB and Superflex

Not many mentioned here are available in my league, Justice Hill probably has the most value.

I do wonder where Kareem Hunt might end up and be in a position to contribute. Seems like news on that situation has gone cold, he had several offers before end of August but didn't like them. The Ravens have already said they don't plan to look outside their team for help at RB after losing Dobbins. 

On 9/11/2023 at 6:33 PM, loaf said:

Justice Hill?

Joshua Kelley?

Mike Boone was surprisingly involved

Lil'Jordan Humphrey?

FWIW I'd take JKelly over everyone mentioned in this thread so far.  He will 100% have weekly usage with the new OC, and Ekeler isnt made of titanium.  He will shows some signs of injury one day.  

HUGELY high on JK, almost drafted him but I took a shot at VanJeff instead.  by Van.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Zack Wilson in 2QB and Superflex

Not many mentioned here are available in my league, Justice Hill probably has the most value.

I do wonder where Kareem Hunt might end up and be in a position to contribute. Seems like news on that situation has gone cold, he had several offers before end of August but didn't like them. The Ravens have already said they don't plan to look outside their team for help at RB after losing Dobbins. 

Buff should pick up JTaylor and Hunt and run the ball 99% of the time so that Josh allen doesnt have an opportunity to throw the ball away anymore.  

On 9/11/2023 at 8:04 AM, stevegrab said:

Interesting, I could see the interest in all 3. Williams was drafted in our league (by the Akers owner). 

I fully expect the Niners to shut them all down, but if any of the 3 look better this week it would be the slot receiver because the 49ers slot corner is being pieced together. We thought Oliver would be the guy, but he’s been slow and  our other guys are unproven. 
I’m guessing Nacua plays that role with the volume of throws that went his way. 

13 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Buff should pick up JTaylor and Hunt and run the ball 99% of the time so that Josh allen doesnt have an opportunity to throw the ball away anymore.  

If they take that approach they don't need a QB they just need a guy to hand off. 

Yes the 3 interceptions in that game were bad, but he isn''t somebody that throws a ton of picks in general. His career int% (interceptions / pass attempts) is 2.4, Brady is 1.8, Peyton is 2.7     A bad number would be somebody like Vinny Interceptaverde at 4.0

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevegrab said:

If they take that approach they don't need a QB they just need a guy to hand off. 

Yes the 3 interceptions in that game were bad, but he isn''t somebody that throws a ton of picks in general. His career int% (interceptions / pass attempts) is 2.4, Brady is 1.8, Peyton is 2.7     A bad number would be somebody like Vinny Interceptaverde at 4.0

He has almost exactly 1 turnover per game in his career.  84 since 2018.  17 games per year, 5 years.  84.  Thems is the facts, but It sure feels like he turns over a lot more than that. 

This year he has 1 game with a "real feel" of 8 turnovers.  

He has issues there.  He is a freak athlete, but the coaches arent getting the best out of him.  

Josh Allen was legitmately worse than an adequate game manager Zack Wilson last week.  say that out loud.  Its pretty amazing. 

Up by 10 at half vs Zack Wilson's team and you are going deep.  Bad coaching and  program not on the same page.  Digression  imo.   YMMV

2 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

He has almost exactly 1 turnover per game in his career.  84 since 2018.  17 games per year, 5 years.  84.  Thems is the facts, but It sure feels like he turns over a lot more than that. 

He has issues there.  He is a freak athlete, but the coaches arent getting the best out of him.  

Josh Allen was legitmately worse than an adequate game manager Zack Wilson last week.  say that out loud.  Its pretty amazing. 

Up by 10 at half vs Zack Wilson's team and you are going deep.  Bad coaching and  program not on the same page.  Digression  imo.   YMMV

Feelings aren't facts and, technically, Patrick Mahommes and Joe Burrow were worse than Zack Wilson this past week. So were a lot of starting QBs depending on how you want to grade the statistics. This is not to say that Josh Allen played well this week, but I think your position on him is overstated and your appreciation for how much the Jets defense played into his performance this week is severely lacking.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

The past 3 seasons, he has also thrown for over 4,000 yards, >35 TDs, <15 INTS, and >63% completion rate. Oh, and he has 3000 career rushing yards and rarely misses a game. What else are the coaches supposed to get out of him? 

Edited by Shaft
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2023 at 9:23 AM, Sivaro said:

So far I have

Tutu Atwell  - Wr Rams

Puka Nucua - Wr Rams

Kyren Williams - Rb  Rams

Holy crap... ppl are spending HUGE chunks of budgets on Nacua.  Saw one at 80% of budget. Overspending on Tutu too but not as absurd as Puka.  Kyren already on a roster in all my leagues.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 7:50 PM, FinishTheDrill said:

FWIW I'd take JKelly over everyone mentioned in this thread so far.  He will 100% have weekly usage with the new OC, and Ekeler isnt made of titanium.  He will shows some signs of injury one day.  

HUGELY high on JK, almost drafted him but I took a shot at VanJeff instead.  by Van.

Ekeler may not play.  

5 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Zach has not yet proven that he is an 'adequate' game manager. Jets will some games by virtue of the relentless defense but there will be plenty where considerably scoring is required and nobody knows if Zach is capable for it. This is so depressing.

• Like 1