[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jonathan Taylor Out for 3-5Weeks - Updated Dec 5, 2023

Unk Rico

• Unk Rico changed the title to Jonathan Taylor possibly headed to IR

As a Taylor owner, I just traded for Zack Moss last week before the trade deadline.  Gave Rashee Rice and Zeke for Moss and Waddle

Thank goodness!

Edited by irish
  • Like 2

Looks like Taylor will in fact have thumb surgery and miss at least 2-3 weeks. Moss becomes a stud again. 

10 hours ago, irish said:

As a Taylor owner, I just traded for Zack Moss last week before the trade deadline.  Gave Rashee Rice and Zeke for Moss and Waddle

Thank goodness!

That's a nice trade. I like Rashee Rice but he's more speculative. Waddle is a known quantity. and the Zeke for Moss was a wash, which ended up squarely in your favor 

• Thanks 1

I had first pick on waivers yesterday, Zach Moss was sitting there, and I considered grabbing him. But at 3-9 and out of the playoffs what's the point. Can he help me win, do I even want to win? If he had some keeper potential for 2024 I might have done it.

I thought maybe I would grab him and see if I could trade him, but deadline is about a week away and I'm already working on a multi-player deal. I figured he would go in waivers, was a bit surprised to see that he went to the team that was last on the waiver list, the JT owner, after several others including K and D. 

8 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I had first pick on waivers yesterday, Zach Moss was sitting there, and I considered grabbing him. But at 3-9 and out of the playoffs what's the point. Can he help me win, do I even want to win? If he had some keeper potential for 2024 I might have done it.

I thought maybe I would grab him and see if I could trade him, but deadline is about a week away and I'm already working on a multi-player deal. I figured he would go in waivers, was a bit surprised to see that he went to the team that was last on the waiver list, the JT owner, after several others including K and D. 

Wow, incredible!  I can't imagine that happening in any other league. Moss is a top 5 RB play this week and possibly going forward. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, darin3 said:

This season has been just absolutely killer in terms of injuries to major cogs within my fantasy teams.  It's incredibly frustrating.

I have one team with:

Rodgers

Chubb

Dobbins

Achane

Taylor

Jefferson

Waddle (only one game, but right around when I lost Rodgers, Chubb, and Dobbins)

ansd somehow still in playoff contention, but it doesn’t look good :lol: :kicksrock: 

13 hours ago, irish said:

Wow, incredible!  I can't imagine that happening in any other league. Moss is a top 5 RB play this week and possibly going forward. 

Yes it was odd, I suspect people just hadn't heard the news about JT or didn't realize Moss was available. He had been rostered until about 2 weeks ago. That was during their bye, and after a poor showing in week 10 (just 1 carry for 2 yards and zero targets). Several teams added players on waivers ahead of him, maybe they just didn't have that as a priority. 

He could have value beyond 1-2 weeks, but not sure that is very clear. Top 5 this week seems a bit high, but definitely top 10. 

• Unk Rico changed the title to Jonathan Taylor Out for 2-3 Weeks - Updated
On 11/29/2023 at 10:44 AM, darin3 said:

This season has been just absolutely killer in terms of injuries to major cogs within my fantasy teams.  It's incredibly frustrating.

Some years you just can't buy luck. Whatever year Ridley was out and Mike Thomas played footsie with the Saints for the whole year without playing was pure misery for me. Some other injuries too 

Tough break for Taylor owners at this point.  But for every Taylor owner who doesn't have Moss rostered, there's a Moss owner ready to take advantage of this opportunity.  That's where I am in several leagues.  It's once again Moss time!  Let's go!

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

for every Taylor owner who doesn't have Moss rostered, there's a Moss owner ready to take advantage of this opportunity.  That's where I am in several leagues.  It's once again Moss time!  Let's go!

+1

Moss was fantastic in Taylors absence and when Taylor was on a snap count.  What made it better is the lack of respect he got as a player while in Buffalo.  Buff traded him for an "upgrade" in Heines.  Moss flourished given a real opportunity.  Moss/Cook could have been a rather interesting backfield, imo.  

• Sad 1

There's been an update with Taylor and his thumb recovery. He's likely facing 3-to-5-week recovery

December 3, 2023

Taylor is expected to require 3-to-5 weeks to recover from the right thumb surgery he underwent Wednesday in Los Angeles, sources tell Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

That would basically end his usefulness for this season. Guy killed a bunch of teams, including mine. However, if it's 3 weeks, he could be back in week 16 and owners would have to decide whether or not to start him. If he's out 4 weeks, owners in their possible championship game (if they made it) would have to decide. Out 5 weeks and it's over. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

So much for Moss being a top 5 back this week. 19 carries for just 51 yards. 

Were the Titans just that good against the run?

I haven’t followed that too closely recently, but I thought their run D has been above average pretty much all season.  Knowing that, I still had to start Moss due to bye week hell. 

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

So much for Moss being a top 5 back this week. 19 carries for just 51 yards. 

Were the Titans just that good against the run?

Yup, missed that call. No one's perfect. The Titans' D is very solid, their pass D is more suspect. Moss ripped them up in the first matchup I believe. I thought Moss would be more involved in the passing game. Oh well. 

14 minutes ago, irish said:

Yup, missed that call. No one's perfect. The Titans' D is very solid, their pass D is more suspect. Moss ripped them up in the first matchup I believe. I thought Moss would be more involved in the passing game. Oh well. 

Wasn't calling you out, others considered Moss a no brainer good starting option this week. Top 5 did seem rather high to me. 

You are correct, he torched them the first time in week 5 (23-165-2 + 2 rec for 30). 

47 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Wasn't calling you out, others considered Moss a no brainer good starting option this week. Top 5 did seem rather high to me. 

You are correct, he torched them the first time in week 5 (23-165-2 + 2 rec for 30). 

Yup, so something better than what he did was expected.   Just a bad game and they went with the passing game over the running game, which made sense. 

• Unk Rico changed the title to Jonathan Taylor Out for 3-5Weeks - Updated Dec 5, 2023
On 12/4/2023 at 3:10 PM, irish said:

Moss was a great call.  It didnt pan out this time. Previously he was fantastic in JT's absence. 

My kicker got more points than PMahomes , best QB in the world.  Should I have flexed my K instead of the QB?  

Someone said earlier... 90% luck, 10% luck

Edited by FinishTheDrill
  • Thanks 1

Moss did seem like a no brainer this week, many sites had him top 5 or close. Not sure what happened in that game but since he burned them before maybe the Titans made some adjustments. I am still playing him going forward. I doubt many of us have better 2nd RB or RB/WR to not play him unless you are totally stacked 

• Like 2