[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poll - Position Blocking (Fair or No?)

bberri5

Curious what the consensus is on the practice of hoarding players to block an opponent from filling a need. For example, if a team lost their QB and needed to get one through the FAAB waiver process but another team acquires multiple QBs off waivers despite not needing another QB.

1) Fair game

2) Bush league move

I see the question as a little, but very little, different than these:

"Is it fair to research players extensively, more than other managers,  to create your own draft order?"

" is it fair to ask Montana's or Irish's advice for moves?"

" Can i drop a K in order to grab a player in hopes that someone else will end up on IR in time to regrab another kicker before game time?"

Fair move as long as it's within the rules that are set at the beginning of the season. 

In my 12-team Superflex league, we have roster limits of no more than 3 active QBs at a time to prevent this from happening, because when it comes down to it, it is a pretty bush league way to win.

7 hours ago, 8rattoon said:

Fair move as long as it's within the rules that are set at the beginning of the season. 

In my 12-team Superflex league, we have roster limits of no more than 3 active QBs at a time to prevent this from happening, because when it comes down to it, it is a pretty bush league way to win.

Superflex league, 12 team.  Qb's get BRUTAL at times.  Guy in our league had 6 at one point mid season.  Grabbed backups to handcuff on 3 after drafting 3.  

I wouldnt have done it, wasting roster spots, but it actually worked out very well for him this year.  

No rule against it?  Then all else is fair in love, war, and FF.

• Like 1