[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Duper Wild Card Weekend predictions

stevegrab

I’d be worried in Detroit. They had a nice year but their pass defense is going to get diced up by Stafford. Plus McVay knows Goff well. Plus their only recent loss was to Baltimore in Baltimore in OT

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

I’d be worried in Detroit. They had a nice year but their pass defense is going to get diced up by Stafford. Plus McVay knows Goff well. Plus their only recent loss was to Baltimore in Baltimore in OT

The absence of LaPorta is going to hurt DET too.... assuming he's out.

2 hours ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

this one scares me, I actually think they may have the wrong team favored in this one ? 

Most of the lines I saw in one article were just 3-4 points, and usually for the home team. Only the Cowboys are giving up close to 7 points.  And that sight with lines + O/U numbers had picks, and picked the Rams to upset the Lions. 

I am not betting on any games, and have allowed my team bias to skew my picks in some fashion (CLE & DET).

As for LaPorta, coach Campbell says he has an outside shot of playing. Story on mlive.com said it was a hyperextended knee and bone bruise. 

12 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Most of the lines I saw in one article were just 3-4 points, and usually for the home team. Only the Cowboys are giving up close to 7 points.  And that sight with lines + O/U numbers had picks, and picked the Rams to upset the Lions. 

I am not betting on any games, and have allowed my team bias to skew my picks in some fashion (CLE & DET).

As for LaPorta, coach Campbell says he has an outside shot of playing. Story on mlive.com said it was a hyperextended knee and bone bruise. 

It's coach Campbell play calling ( no the talent ) I'm concerned with.  He seems to be one of the better coaches but had to scratch my head with his play calling the last few weeks. LaPorta should of never been on the field, they had little to no chance of the 2nd seed    

10 minutes ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

It's coach Campbell play calling ( no the talent ) I'm concerned with.  He seems to be one of the better coaches but had to scratch my head with his play calling the last few weeks. LaPorta should of never been on the field, they had little to no chance of the 2nd seed    

LaPorta is important, but if you want to talk key players who should have sat Goff and St. Brown would lead that list, and Hutchinson, Anzalone and others were equally or more important. 

The Eagles lost, and early on the Cowboys were not exactly blowing the Commanders out. I have no problem with playing to win when there was a higher seed (2 means more home games, 3 vs 4 not much different) in play. A freak injury or two to the Cowboys and they could have lost. 

Every team takes a different approach. SF and BAL had nothing to play for, SF still used some starters a decent amount (Deebo and Aiyuk each played about 1/3 of the game). Browns nothing to play for, it showed as virtually all regular starters were out of action, Hunt played a bit as did Tillman and Bryant on offense. It was an ugly game I turned it off before halftime. 

PS  I would not refer to that as "play calling" either. 

• Like 2

I think DET is having success because the coach is so aggressive... Which is why he played starters. I'm not sure his philosophy would allow him to do anything different. 

I suspect his players like that approach?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

LaPorta is important, but if you want to talk key players who should have sat Goff and St. Brown would lead that list, and Hutchinson, Anzalone and others were equally or more important. 

The Eagles lost, and early on the Cowboys were not exactly blowing the Commanders out. I have no problem with playing to win when there was a higher seed (2 means more home games, 3 vs 4 not much different) in play. A freak injury or two to the Cowboys and they could have lost. 

Every team takes a different approach. SF and BAL had nothing to play for, SF still used some starters a decent amount (Deebo and Aiyuk each played about 1/3 of the game). Browns nothing to play for, it showed as virtually all regular starters were out of action, Hunt played a bit as did Tillman and Bryant on offense. It was an ugly game I turned it off before halftime. 

PS  I would not refer to that as "play calling" either. 

I agree with most of what you are saying, accept for SF playing their starter, If I was SF I would of played Deebo & Aiyuk a full hall knowing they have a bye next week unlike DET,  but hey that's why I'm not coaching at the NFL level haha 

14 hours ago, MustOfBeenDrunk said:

I agree with most of what you are saying, accept for SF playing their starter, If I was SF I would of played Deebo & Aiyuk a full hall knowing they have a bye next week unlike DET,  but hey that's why I'm not coaching at the NFL level haha 

Why not play all starters including Purdy then? Was he suffering an injury and needed rest? (I looked but couldn't find anything.) What is different about a WR getting 2 weeks off vs a QB? Does one get rusty faster? 

Coaches reset players in these meaningless games  for 1 of 2 main reasons. One, they are hurt and need rest. Two they are afraid of the consequences of injury to that player. 

If a guy plays and gets hurt the coach is wrong. If they guy sits and looks rusty in the next game the coach is wrong. 

20 hours ago, darin3 said:

The absence of LaPorta is going to hurt DET too.... assuming he's out.

Yep that hurts too. Even if he can play he wont be close to 100%. We don’t have sports betting in my state but if we did I’d be betting on the Rams 

14 hours ago, Big John said:

A peacock's lowest sustainability temperature is 20 degrees F.  Hope this is an omen.

Which team is playing against the peacocks. Or is that relevant to the broadcaster? 

How much must Houston love HC DeMeco Ryans? The Texans were 3-13-1 last year. And how great was CAR to pick Bryce Young instead of C.J. Stroud? That pick may haunt them. Just wow.

11 hours ago, DMD said:

How much must Houston love HC DeMeco Ryans? The Texans were 3-13-1 last year. And how great was CAR to pick Bryce Young instead of C.J. Stroud? That pick may haunt them. Just wow.

Ryans has to be coach of the year no?  What an amazing job he's done this year and wow what a win yesterday.

16 hours ago, DMD said:

"may"?