[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harbaugh likely the new HC for the Chargers...

irish

Announcement possibly coming tomorrow. 

Edited by irish

Wonder if that means Harbaugh would get significant input on the GM since they need to fill that spot too. And teams don't bring in coaches of this caliber (or at least name recognition) without planning to give them a key role in personnel decisions. 

11 hours ago, gilthorp said:

So Harbaugh isn't the Chargers coach yet?

Apparently... I'd be curious to know the source of the rumor "it is likely with an announcement coming on Thursday". That is why I like when people give a source for the info. Because then when the source provides BS we can discount them the next time. 

Not ripping on Irish, just wonder who made it sound so likely. 

Mike Garafolo

From The Insiders on #NFLPlus and 

@nflnetwork: The #Chargers and Jim Harbaugh are now in striking distance of getting a deal done as Harbaugh is in LA today for another meeting with the team.

Any minute now......

Sorry it is just funny how these rumors go, a google search shows headlines touting "striking distance" and being in LA Tuesday (that is yesterday) to sign a deal, that was reported 20 hours ago. Those reports were saying a contract could be signed as early as today, again just a reminder that was YESTERDAY.

I also read he could bring his Michigan staff with him, that seems odd, maybe it has something to do with suspensions they might face for infractions by the team. 

I am not saying he won't be the Chargers coach, but this thread started a week ago, and the announcement was imminent at that time. 

Good luck unseating the Chiefs as the leader of the AFCW. 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Any minute now......

Sorry it is just funny how these rumors go, a google search shows headlines touting "striking distance" and being in LA Tuesday (that is yesterday) to sign a deal, that was reported 20 hours ago. Those reports were saying a contract could be signed as early as today, again just a reminder that was YESTERDAY.

I also read he could bring his Michigan staff with him, that seems odd, maybe it has something to do with suspensions they might face for infractions by the team. 

I am not saying he won't be the Chargers coach, but this thread started a week ago, and the announcement was imminent at that time. 

Good luck unseating the Chiefs as the leader of the AFCW. 

Sometimes things don't happen on the time-line you want.   You know owners do their due diligence to consider all options. So, maybe them coming to terms with signing Harbaugh took a week. Maybe they don't sign him at all and go in a different direction. Does that mean we don't discuss it until it actually happens?  

2 hours ago, Big John said:

But how will he do in Los Angeles?

Well that's a whole different story and situation. Probably requiring another thread.

12 minutes ago, irish said:

Sometimes things don't happen on the time-line you want.   You know owners do their due diligence to consider all options. So, maybe them coming to terms with signing Harbaugh took a week. Maybe they don't sign him at all and go in a different direction. Does that mean we don't discuss it until it actually happens?  

Did I say it cannot be discussed? Pretty sure there have been a lot of posts discussing it since you first posted it. Even my last post you quoted had discussion of what might happen if he gets the job (taking some of his Michigan staff with him which was removed from the quote). 

I just find it humorous when the updates are a week after the initial report and still talking about something being "imminent". Maybe people should just report the facts instead of the constant speculation about a timeline that they clearly don't have the details of. "Chargers are interviewing Jim Harbaugh and may sign him soon." 

• Confused 1

Here is some actual news, regarding this.

Jim is still in LA meeting with the Chargers, despite a planned visit today with the Falcons. That meeting could still happen at a later time. If he leaves LA without a deal maybe it wasn't that close.  https://nfltraderumors.co/jim-harbaugh-has-falcons-interview-scheduled-today-but-still-in-los-angeles/ 

I also saw another article mentioning he had his wife with him in LA for this last interview. Not sure how much that means. 

15 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

i think harbaugh and carroll are both good fits for the bolts

Agree I really like Harbaugh in that spot. Added bonus being he won't be going to Atlanta. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1