[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SF vs KC Superbowl thread

purplemonster

6 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Such a sloppy game in ways. Especially 1st half.  Still a good grind and finish.  

It needs to be said the refs were spectacular and it came down to 2 teams on their own merits. 

True, they don't get enough credit when they get it right, when every play means something. Although I heard Boomer say someone was downfield on that SF trick play TD 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Had any team beaten both #1 seeds before?

1967 season had the Rams with the best NFL record and the Raiders with the #1 AFL record.  At that time, home field was predetermined by rotation and the Central division had the advantage that year.  So the first week of the playoffs, the Packers beat the top-record Rams with the game in Milwaukee (Packers 2nd home stadium at the time), then the famous Ice Bowl the following week, then the Packers beat the Raiders in SB II.

Vegas must have lost their butts on the betting line...no?  

I get that Vegas tries to put half the bets on one side etc....so save me the lecture.

Sometimes dumb money comes down on one side and the house looses or gains big money. 

Made the jaunt to the local sports book today and everyone was chatting about putting cash on the KC moneyline.

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

So sick of the Chiefs. That I guess is a compliment. F those guys.

Road wins in the playoffs. Beat the best teams, but f them.

It's not like the Bears gave a plethora of draft capital to pass up on Mahomes and draft Mitchell Trubisky.

🤥

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

It's not like the Bears gave a plethora of draft capital to pass up on Mahomes and draft Mitchell Trubisky.

🤥

It's got nothing to do with that.

Two years in a row that their executive, coach, and best players aren't gracious enough to mention one word about the opposing team and only gloat, and the fact they act like little b!tches when they lose. F those guys.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

It's got nothing to do with that.

I didn't think you did.

For the rest of your rant

I had KC losing against the Bills and then the Ravens.  kC were underdogs in every post season game they played this year.....I think?

Perhaps the reason they aren't heaping praises upon opposing teams contributes to the fact they won the superbowl.

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I didn't think you did.

For the rest of your rant

I had KC losing against the Bills and then the Ravens.  kC were underdogs in every post season game they played this year.....I think?

Perhaps the reason they aren't heaping praises upon opposing teams contributes to the fact they won the superbowl.

I see how you do it. Interesting. Of course I said "heaping praise". Stop being a moron.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, gilthorp said:

And Mahommes would not be who he is if he was drafted to this crappy franchise in Chicago. Believe it.

And Sean Payton would still be coaching the Saints if KC hadn't jumped up to get him. :kicksrock:

• Like 1

Just now, rajncajn said:

And Sean Payton would still be coaching the Saints if KC hadn't jumped up to get him. :kicksrock:

And NOS would've had mahomes if Denver didn't draft Paxton Lynch because reports came out a month ago that KC really wanted Lynch.

34 minutes ago, whomper said:

First three quarters were brutally boring IMO. 4th q and OT were amazing . 

Not ragging on your opinion, but I find it sad that the high scoring of some NFL games makes some people view this SB as boring, in part because the first quarter was scoreless. The 4th quarter and OT were the only periods where every drive ended with a score (except SF kneel down to end regulation), and in your view the only part that wasn't boring (in fact they were amazing). Makes me wonder is there no middle ground? 

Q1 had a turnover by each team and some really good plays

Q2 & Q3 had 3 scores in each, yep there were also some punts. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Not ragging on your opinion, but I find it sad that the high scoring of some NFL games makes some people view this SB as boring, in part because the first quarter was scoreless. The 4th quarter and OT were the only periods where every drive ended with a score (except SF kneel down to end regulation), and in your view the only part that wasn't boring (in fact they were amazing). Makes me wonder is there no middle ground? 

Q1 had a turnover by each team and some really good plays

Q2 & Q3 had 3 scores in each, yep there were also some punts. 

I dont need a game to be a track meet to be entertaining, but a ton of punts and three and outs with very limited exciting plays just wasnt cutting it for me . The fumbles , while I agree were nice defensive plays , deflated good drives for fans with no allegiance to either team. You want action and excitement and notable plays in a superbowl