[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keenan Allen to the Bears.

Bears acquired WR Keenan Allen from the Chargers in exchange for a 2024 fourth-round pick.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports the cap-strapped Chargers approached Allen about a pay cut from his scheduled $18.1 million salary, but that the veteran wideout understandably declined. It would seem Allen knew there would be a trade market for his services. He now departs the only franchise he’s ever known for a Bears organization that appears poised to select USC’s Caleb Williams at No. 1 overall. Chicago already has has a legit WR1 in D.J. Moore, but they want to avoid the mistakes of so many other rookie-starting teams and surround Williams with as many weapons as possible to gain early-career momentum. Going on 32 with a history of hamstring injuries, Allen is nevertheless as consistent as it gets in the middle of the field when he stays on the field, something he did in 2023 until the Bolts threw in the towel late. It’s devastating for Justin Herbert, but Allen should be able to maintain WR2 PPR relevance even with Moore in the fold.

40 minutes ago, devilwoman said:

:facepalm:holy $#%%^%$,  who is Herbert suppose to throw to now...

They have the #5 pick. They'll draft Nabers or Odunze. They already have Palmer and Johnson.

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

They have the #5 pick. They'll draft Nabers or Odunze. They already have Palmer and Johnson.

Neither Palmer and certainly Johnston are WRs any where near the talent of Allen and Williams....Johnston was at the very least terrible last season.  Bolts will need Odunze or Nabers and then some to make up for what they lost in Allen and Williams.  And while I know this will be a run first offense, honestly if Harbaugh doesn't use Herbert's skill set to his advantage, I am going to be PISSED!!!!!!!!

Edited by devilwoman

32 minutes ago, devilwoman said:

Neither Palmer and certainly Johnson are WRs any where near the talent of Allen and Williams....Johnson was at the very least terrible last season.  Bolts will need Odunze or Nabers and then some to make up for what they lost in Allen and Williams.

I tend to agree with you, but also know that people need a shot. Williams was ALWAYS injured and didn't do anything meaningful until his 3rd year. Two 1000 yard seasons in 7 seasons is nothing special. Yes he has talent, but availability is an ability. I love Keenan Allen as a player, but his four seasons were also marred with injuries and one 1000 yard season. I think they draft Naber or Odunze and pick up a free agent like Tyler Boyd. Palmer and QJ can be WR3 material. All of a sudden that WR room won't look so bad.

21 minutes ago, Shaft said:

I tend to agree with you, but also know that people need a shot. Williams was ALWAYS injured and didn't do anything meaningful until his 3rd year. Two 1000 yard seasons in 7 seasons is nothing special. Yes he has talent, but availability is an ability. I love Keenan Allen as a player, but his four seasons were also marred with injuries and one 1000 yard season. I think they draft Naber or Odunze and pick up a free agent like Tyler Boyd. Palmer and QJ can be WR3 material. All of a sudden that WR room won't look so bad.

True, both were injury magnets, and have been for years.  Justin needs some consistency at that position.  Justin too has had some injuries as well.  So maybe this run first offense will lead to some awesome play-action.  This draft has a deep WR group, so I hope we can pick up Odunze and another like Rome Wilson or Bub Means later in the draft...or move up in the 4th for Johnny Wilson if he is still available...

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Sounding more and more like Fields won't be traded until the draft. There is even some talk about him possibly going to Philly as a backup. 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/justin-fields-trade-market-isnt-shrinking-it-never-existed-in-the-first-place

Or it all ends up being a smoke screen and they go get themselves another massive haul for the #1 pick and roll with Fields. I think that's less likely than just taking Williams, but it's an intriguing option.

So far they have turned the 2023 #1 overall pick into:

• WR DJ Moore
  • WR Keenan Allen
  • CB Tyrique Stevenson
  • OT Darnell Wright
  • #1 Overall 2024 Pick
  • 2025 2nd Round pick

19 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Or it all ends up being a smoke screen and they go get themselves another massive haul for the #1 pick and roll with Fields. I think that's less likely than just taking Williams, but it's an intriguing option.

• WR DJ Moore
  • WR Keenan Allen
  • CB Tyrique Stevenson
  • OT Darnell Wright
  • #1 Overall 2024 Pick
  • 2025 2nd Round pick

Wow that is quite a haul. I see that Keenan Allen came from a 4th round pick they got from the Eagles last year when moving down from 9th to 10th in the first. 

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

• WR DJ Moore
  • WR Keenan Allen
  • CB Tyrique Stevenson
  • OT Darnell Wright
  • #1 Overall 2024 Pick
  • 2025 2nd Round pick

God bless the Panthers

53 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Wow that is quite a haul. I see that Keenan Allen came from a 4th round pick they got from the Eagles last year when moving down from 9th to 10th in the first. 

Yes, and they got the #9 as part of the deal for the #1 overall

On 3/15/2024 at 8:31 AM, stevegrab said:

Sounding more and more like Fields won't be traded until the draft. There is even some talk about him possibly going to Philly as a backup. 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/justin-fields-trade-market-isnt-shrinking-it-never-existed-in-the-first-place

Oops!