[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2024 NFL Draft

gilthorp

49 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Worthy it is. John Ross jr.

Wrong.  The only thing they have in common is speed.  Worthy is a far more complete WR than Ross ever could have hoped to be.  Nice ZeroU bias you got there.  

14 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Wrong.  The only thing they have in common is speed.  Worthy is a far more complete WR than Ross ever could have hoped to be.  Nice ZeroU bias you got there.  

He is a 50% player. You know it but have loserville bias. He is Ross Jr. but of course he landed on one of the only teams that he needed to.

I am fine with Vikings trading 4th and 5th round picks to get their guys.    Years of watching Spielman trade down for multiple late round pick that neve panned out needed to change.  Never thought they would come out of this draft with McCarthy and Turner and not have to give up the 2025 1st.    They should get two 3rd round compensatory picks next year.   This is not a one year turn around especially being in the North with Detroit, Green Bay and Chicago.  

4 hours ago, T-Scorp said:

I am fine with Vikings trading 4th and 5th round picks to get their guys.    Years of watching Spielman trade down for multiple late round pick that neve panned out needed to change.  Never thought they would come out of this draft with McCarthy and Turner and not have to give up the 2025 1st.    They should get two 3rd round compensatory picks next year.   This is not a one year turn around especially being in the North with Detroit, Green Bay and Chicago.  

Getting Turner there was a steal.  If McCarthy pans out, the Vikes definitely "won" Night One.

6 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Vikes gave up relatively strong 3, 4 and three 5th round picks but they got the guys they wanted. Or at least could get at those respective spots. 

Loved their move for Turner. That was huge.

16 hours ago, DMD said:

BUF only moved back one spot. I bet they get McConkey or Franklin.

You think either of those guys profile as a true #1?  I don't know, I would think AD Mitchell profiles more as a lead #1.  Either way, whoever BUF takes here (I'd bet it's WR) is going to shoot up the rookie rankings boards because they'll get close to 100 targets Year One.

Well, the Cowboys appear WAY more comfortable with Rico Dowdle than I would have guessed. Ezekiel has to return at this rate but what an ugly backfield so far.

8 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Simply shocked Franklin is still there.

NO KIDDING...WTF?? I am beyond stunned Franklin is still on the board...I mean really Luke McCaffrey over Franklin...Whoever gets Franklin...that kid is going to have THE BIGGEST CHIP ON HIS SHOULDERS.  He is a great kid too...I am hoping Denver finally gets him, that way Bo will be familiar with him. 

On 4/25/2024 at 7:24 PM, DMD said:

I'm surprised that there were no trades in the first 15 picks. Six QBs are a record but so far direct 2024 fantasy impacts have only been Harrison taking over in ARZ (good), Nabers going to NYG (bad), and Odunze to CHI (bad - Moore and Allen already there). All have longterm value but so far light on fantasy starters for 2024.

I think Brian Thomas to the Jags will have big fantasy value...

9 hours ago, DMD said:

Well, the Cowboys appear WAY more comfortable with Rico Dowdle than I would have guessed. Ezekiel has to return at this rate but what an ugly backfield so far.

Completely agreed. WTH?!  Didn't make a move in round 2 to get Brooks. Then didn't take Benson with the Round 2 pick and had the chance to take Corum in the 3rd, as well as Lloyd, passing again. 

Hoping they grab Jaylen Wright or a guy like Braelon Allen who's a bruiser at 6'1" 235 lbs.  They could also go with a guy like Ray Davis from Duke whose stature would remind you of Emmitt Smith's at 5'8" 211 lbs to Emmitt's 5'9" 216.  He's rushed for over 1,000 yards for 3 different schools, and grabbing 94 career college receptions. 

We'll see...