[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marino's Record

Shotgun Messiahs

Marino's Record When Will It Be Broken?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Marino's Record When Will It Be Broken?

• Week 14 @ Houston
    • Week 15 Vs Baltimore @ Home
    • Week 16 Vs San Diego @ Home
    • Week 17 @ Denver
    • He'll Get Injured and Fail

Going into Houston playing the worst passing defense I think his chances are GRRRRRREEEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTTT!

And for those that don't care bash away!  :D

600480[/snapback]

I think this week too.

He'll get 4 and tie in Houston and then hand the ball off the rest of the way...he'll want to break the record the following week against Baltimore at home and on primetime TV...JMHO

600486[/snapback]

Not to argue but I think he is going to break it and get the shovel and bury it to the point nobody will reach it for a long time!

If he throws for four..... he is the record seeking hound so many have accused him of being! If he throws for five, put that arguement to bed. If he gets 4, and sand bags to get the record breaking throw on national TV the following week, then I will be convinced he is a record chaser. I am of course, not prejudiced in this matter, simply because I have him in my FFTOC line up this week! :D

He might tie it this weekend, but he will get it at home next. They will be so far ahead of the Texans, that they will not need to throw the ball, which as an Edge owner that makes me happy. He will want to do it at home. I have no doubt that he could do it in Houston, but he will not need to, and with out a real reason to do so, he'll wait a week to give something to the fans at home.

If he throws for four..... he is the record seeking hound so many have accused him of being! If he throws for five, put that arguement to bed.  If he gets 4, and sand bags to get the record breaking throw on national TV the following week, then I will be convinced he is a record chaser. I am of course, not prejudiced in this matter, simply because I have him in my FFTOC line up this week!  :D

600593[/snapback]

Ok so are you saying he shouldnt throw for 4 or more if his guys are open? I think if he is forcing the ball into situations where his guys are not open then I might think he is chasing the record. Lets face it the guy and all his receivers are very much aware of the situation, and as big of a competitor as Manning is, winning comes first before any record. But that is just my opinion of him. If it were me and my guys were open I would throw it all day long.

.... while Edge carries for 1.

601251[/snapback]

Can't believe you are being so optimistic with your projections for The Edge. :D

No way will Manning break it this weekend. ABC/ESPN would be livid seeing those expected out of sight ratings go right out the window. I mean, let's face it, no one watches the Sunday night game to see and hear the announcers. :D

He will tie this week and break it next week.

He might tie it this weekend, but he will get it at home next.  They will be so far ahead of the Texans, that they will not need to throw the ball, which as an Edge owner that makes me happy.  He will want to do it at home.  I have no doubt that he could do it in Houston, but he will not need to, and with out a real reason to do so, he'll wait a week to give something to the fans at home.

601139[/snapback]

Perch, did you happen to see the Detroit game? I don't think the fact that the Colts are blowing a team out keeps Manning from throwing the rock for tds.

I think Manning will beat the record against Baltimore. I know if I could, I'd do it against Hughston this week instead of "waiting" to do it at home. You never know what can happen as far as injuries.