[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To all the Huddlers I answer posts for...

Ben-waa

I spend alot of time answering posts, but rarely post one myself...help me out here. First round of the playoffs, and it's do or die.

All season long, I have played Mushin and Givens in my 2 WR slots...they have pretty much been the only 2 WRs on my roster all year. With Curry going down for the season, I picked Gabriel up off the WW. I am tempted to play him this weekend.

Brady spreads the ball around to everyone...so at least I know that Givens will catch SOMETHING. NE plays at home vs Cincy...and Givens has the size advantage over the other NE WRs in the red zone, I think.

With the lack of running game in Oakland, Collins should be throwing the ball often. I think that Atl will have Porter pretty wrapped up in double coverage since there is no run to respect. This should probably result in some good opportunities for Gabriel, who never really got a chance to show us what he had for talent before Curry came up and took the #2 slot from him.

So it comes down to:

Givens vs Cincy

Gabriel @ Atl

Scoring is in my sig. The rest of my roster is pretty solid, so I don't need to hit a HR...I just need to get on base.

Thanks for all of your help...and as always, you know that I will answer your posts.

Ben

I spend alot of time answering posts, but rarely post one myself...help me out here.  First round of the playoffs, and it's do or die.

All season long, I have played Mushin and Givens in my 2 WR slots...they have pretty much been the only 2 WRs on my roster all year.  With Curry going down for the season, I picked Gabriel up off the WW.  I am tempted to play him this weekend.

Brady spreads the ball around to everyone...so at least I know that Givens will catch SOMETHING.  NE plays at home vs Cincy...and Givens has the size advantage over the other NE WRs in the red zone, I think.

With the lack of running game in Oakland, Collins should be throwing the ball often.  I think that Atl will have Porter pretty wrapped up in double coverage since there is no run to respect.  This should probably result in some good opportunities for Gabriel, who never really got a chance to show us what he had for talent before Curry came up and took the #2 slot from him.

So it comes down to:

Givens vs Cincy

Gabriel @ Atl

Scoring is in my sig.  The rest of my roster is pretty solid, so I don't need to hit a HR...I just need to get on base.

Thanks for all of your help...and as always, you know that I will answer your posts.

Ben

605291[/snapback]

Agree on this one. Safe play if you just want 'some' points scoring, go with Givens then. Gabriel could fill in nicely with Curry out and Porter seeing most of the coverages, but he is the perverbial 'question mark' start for you. He could turn in a 5-6 catch for 70-80yd performance or he could see one or two balls. Remember Porter is still the #1 in OAK...

Almost 30 views...and only 3 replies??? :D

I answer any post that is out here on the board...time to reciprocate a little of the advice. Out of the 800 posts that I have put on this board, I have only started 19 topics...B)

Not that I don't appreciate all of the replies so far to this post...I do.:D

Help me out here guys.

Thanks.

Ben

I am a firm believer in not only looking at who the wide receiver is when deciding which to start, but also, who is throwing him the ball. In your case it's Tom brady and he's the man. Sure, he looks like he belongs in a GQ magazine from time to time, but he is ruggedly consistant. I strongly believe that atlanta's secondary will step it up and shut down the air attack for oakland, therefore i say start Givens :D hope that helps, thanks

Ben,

Completely agree with your assessment. I'd definitely go with Gabriel this weekend. Givins' production is definitely going down with Branch's return, plus the redemption factor for Dillon will weigh heavily on this game's outcome.

Atl's secondary hasn't stopped anyone and Porter's going to be the focus so I wouldn't be surprised if Gabriel gets a long bomb for a TD (70/80,1)

Trying to predict between those 2 WRs is really tough. You can make points for both of them. Givens has the better QB, Gabriel has more upside due to the long ball and is playing indoors, the weather in New England is supposed to be OK and in the mid-40s, New England will probably want to run Dillon all over his former team, Curry is out and Oakland should lean on Gabriel more but that is yet to be seen, etc... You might just want to flip a coin and if you are wrong, you can blame the coin!

Since you have been playing Givens, I would just stick with him. We know New England will score on Cincy but you are never really sure what Oakland is going to do week to week especially against a good defense and on the road.

Any of the evening huddlers want to key in on this one?

Thanks as always for your input...it is much appreciated.

Ben

Almost impossible to tell, but CIN have shown they can score points on anyone so that game might become more of a shoot-out than anticipated. Of course I also think OAK will fall behind early so they will be throwing a lot also. Sorry not the be more helpful but WR's are always difficult. In a case like this I would go with the player on the team which you think will score more points.

Patriots WR David Givens hasn't scored a touchdown in his past five starts and ever since Branch has returned Givens production has diminished. Brady spreads the ball out to every one on that offense but Branch, Patten and the TE seem to get most of the attention. I have Givens in my league and I have not started him ever since Branch return I just can't count on him for much. Oakland has no running game with Wheatley out and Collins confidence is starting to grow after a slow start. With a poor running game look for the Raiders to air it out often in this game, this will create more looks for Gabriel. Since you don't need a home run even more reason to gamble on Gabriel. I believe Gabriel can easily match Givens yardage this week and with a better chance of finding the end zone with more looks going his way. Roll the dice and play Gabriel.

Ben,

USMCDallas hit on the issue I saw with Gabriel ... he's unproven in the role with Curry out now. Who knows what Collins will do.

I also like the match up NE has. Don't you think Cincinnati will stack the line to keep Corey from embarrassing them? Of course they will. Brady will have to air it out.

I like Givens.

Let me start by saying thanks for your reply.

I am leaning towards Gabriel. The focus should be on Porter and NE does spread the ball around. It is close, but OAK will be forced to throw with no running game and probably playing from behind. NE should be playing with a lead.

Good Luck!

The Hurtings

I appreciate all of your input thus far...

Let's throw this out there for the night owls...

Thanks guys.

Ben

While I agree that Givens is a "safer" start (he will certainly have soem receptions and yardage), with Brady having so many options, it just gets spread really thin. I also think this is going to be the Corey Dillon show against a soft Cincy run defense, no matter how many they put on the line. Gabriel is riskier but may payoff in a big way. I have 2 NE WRs and am thinking about benching them both. It's a tough call but Gabriel may be worth the risk, especially since it's do or die!

In my opinion, I think you kinda answered you're own Question! Oakland is going to go pass crazy! NE is going to spread the ball around like you said! With Graham and Branch and Dillon being the end zone focus of the Patriots! I think your chances are better taken with Gabriel!

Good luck!

Let me add, thanks for replying to a couple of my posts. I really think Givins is the safe play, but if you have a "gut" feeling go with your gut. It is your team, thats what makes fantasy football so much fun sometimes and so annoying other times. Good luck man!