[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone ever lost a playoff spot based on

Dr. Rock

I lost our Super Bowl back in 2000 by one point. I had Gannon, George, Taylor, TO, Brown, Horn, and Gonzo. My opponent had Culpepper, Robert Smith, A. Green, Moss, Derrick Alexander, someone else, and Wycheck.

The difference was Jason Elam missing a 30-some-yarder on a frigid afternoon at Arrowhead.

that sucks for you.

In one of my local's a guy made the playoffs last week based on Head to Head points vs the team that he was tied with. Head to Head points was the 4th or 5th tiebreaker and as far as I can remember it is a tiebreaker that we have never had to use.

BTW - I did make the FFTCO final cut by less than a point.

How about losing a playoff AND FF Superbowl win because the NFL changed a pass into a lateral. The QB lost 2 points because of it. I would have beat the guy by a point. But since the NFL changed the stat line 2 weeks later I missed out. (yes in our league we will change points if the NFL changes stat lines. Our rules use to state rules not official until end of season. that's how I lost my complaint to the commish. But it changed now to include gmaes through SB.)

How about losing a playoff AND FF Superbowl win because the NFL changed a pass into a lateral. The QB lost 2 points because of it. I would have beat the guy by a point. But since the NFL changed the stat line 2 weeks later I missed out. (yes in our league we will change points if the NFL changes stat lines. Our rules use to state rules not official until end of season. that's how I lost my complaint to the commish. But it changed now to include gmaes through SB.)

609670[/snapback]

That's a tough one to take.

Because I just did.. year-to-date points is the THIRD tie breaker.. I was up by 7, and he had Mason going tonight.. and that TD just killed me. Mason has 8 points. Unbelievable.  :bawling:  :bawling:  :D  :D

609553[/snapback]

Guy in my local league I commish lost out by 5 points in the same way. Sucks.

We had 6 teams at 7-6 and 9 of the 12 teams had winning records...it was a flustercuck.

I lost last night AND missed the playoffs because they reviewed Mason's catch (with less than 30s) and called it incomplete. CBSportsline had it updated as I was winning, just to see it taken back. GREAT way to finish the season!

Spike the d@mn ball Volek! Why did you call a timeout?

In my league we have a father and 2 sons. Son #2 played father in week 11. By this time son #2 was already out of the playoffs ... but father was fighting for his playoff life. Son #2 defeats father by 0.16 points. As it turns out if the father wins that game he is in the playoffs ... as he lost it he missed out on the playoffs.

Now both teams are in the toilet bowl ... and if both win this week they will face each other in the toilet bowl.

Didn't happen to me, but last year in my big $ local, the guy who eventually won our superbowl squeeked into the playoffs by 1 point. He and the guy he was duking it out with for last spot both had players on MNF. It came down to a few plays right at the end of the game.

It was kinda funny because I was watching MNF at home and he called me for an update with 5 minutes left in the game. He's at work and no TV or radio. So I tell him the scoop and launch into a play-by-play - "As of right now you're tied with Bird for the last playoff spot. OK his guy just caught a pass so now you're down one...Now your defense just got a sack so you're back to even..."

Same guy knocked me out of the playoffs 2 weeks later with Joe Horn's Cell Phone game. :D

Let's rewind a minute.

Last season I lost a game in Wk 11 to a division rival by 1.6 pts. That loss put me one game behind him and since we both won out it actually knocked me out of the playoffs and put him in.

He went on to get knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st rd. Meanwhile I scored more points over the 3 weeks of the playoffs than any team in the playoffs.

Had I made the playoffs I would have won the championship no matter who I faced.

Fast forward to this season. Wk 2 I lost a game to a non-division rival by, you guessed it, 1.6 pts. Now this was only wk 2 so I was able to jokingly say, "How weird would it be if I missed the playoffs by 1 game again this year after having just lost this game by 1.6 pts".

Well I missed out on the playoffs by 1 game, again. To the same Division Rival who got in ahead of me last year and yes he lost this week to get knocked out in Rd 1 AGAIN.

And yes for at least the 1st Rd of the Playoffs I scored the most points in the league, AGAIN!!

DAMMITT!!

Edited by Jrick35

Get this. This year in my league, there are two of us who are tied for second best record and are #1 and #2 in points (he's 1 and I'm 2, and we're seperated by 8), and NEITHER of us made the playoffs due to our tiebreakers.

Man, that bites.

I lost last night AND missed the playoffs because they reviewed Mason's catch (with less than 30s) and called it incomplete.  CBSportsline had it updated as I was winning, just to see it taken back.  GREAT way to finish the season!

Spike the d@mn ball Volek!  Why did you call a timeout?

609792[/snapback]

Our Commish lost the same way last night.