[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

30 - 44 FF league

Down Goes Frazia

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you dont get to draft MANNING/BETTIS/DILLON/JJ/HORN/ MUHAMMAD/DJAX  :D

I will give you BILLY MILLER and NO DEF  B)

:D

628427[/snapback]

Have I mentioned how purty that team is in the past 48 hours? Shhhh, don't blow it for me. I smell fresh meat :D.

Geeze... go pick up a prescription at the Naval Hospital (you wait forever) and miss all this stuff.....

Answered H1's pm.... Think this could be an interesting thing to do.

I would make one small caveat if you all don't mind... I have been requiring all persons I form a league with to be a paying member of the Huddle. I think it should apply across the board for this 4 league thing.

I have asked for a forum to be made in the BOTH section... once that is done I think we can hammer out the framework fairly easy since most are in agreement of a re-draft, age, and a 50-100 range for fees. The rest will be nothing to get together compared to 32 Homers.

12 teams in each should be doable I think.

Geeze... go pick up a prescription at the Naval Hospital (you wait forever) and miss all this stuff.....

Answered H1's pm.... Think this could be an interesting thing to do.

I would make one small caveat if you all don't mind... I have been requiring all persons I form a league with to be a paying member of the Huddle. I think it should apply across the board for this 4 league thing.

I have asked for a forum to be made in the BOTH section... once that is done I think we can hammer out the framework fairly easy since most are in agreement of a re-draft, age, and a 50-100 range for fees. The rest will be nothing to get together compared to 32 Homers.

12 teams in each should be doable I think.

628562[/snapback]

Will there be an official sign up thread for this or will having your "I'm in" in the respective thread be enough?

Will there be an official sign up thread for this or will having your "I'm in" in the respective thread be enough?

628580[/snapback]

If the persons involved are writing the names down in order of request, like was done in the first thread, I would think the threads should suffice...... JMHO.

If the persons involved are writing the names down in order of request, like was done in the first thread, I would think the threads should suffice...... JMHO.

628595[/snapback]

Well I guess it's better to be safe than sorry...

I'm still in for the Under 30 :D

Down Goes Frazia, Skylive5 and myself have thrown this around a little. Here's some basic information, all of which is subject to change and certainly worthy of further discussion once the league forum is made available:

1. We would have 4 leagues, each using the exact same set of rules and regulations. The winners of those leagues would face off in a bracket type head to head semi-final and final weeks 16 and 17 of the NFL schedule.

2. We would have 12 teams per league. It would be a re-draft, with no keepers. League members are held to the age requirements of that group. Once you leave the group you are because you've gotten too old, you will automatically be moved to the top of the waiting list of the next age group ahead of any non members on the waiting list.

3. This is not a free league because, well, basically, free leagues suck. Cost to be determined, but probably between $50 and $100 per team. Only paying members of the huddle are eligible for this league.

4. We will use some type of performance scoring.

5. Each individual league will have its own commish. More likely than not we will have one of these commishes responsible for overseeing the inter-league play.

6. The 4 leagues will be: 29 and under, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, and 50+.

That's all I can think of right now.

I haven't been been keeping track in order of response as I didn't expect such a hugh response. :D

h-1 & myself have been talking & we both feel that this needs to be done as 4 separate leagues.... 4 separate commishes..... but the EXACT same rules to apply if we're gonna have a huddle championship @ the end of the year. Each league can have their own championship payout..... & then maybe $5 per team can go to the overall huddle championship tourney consisting of the 4 league champions. :D That would be $240 into the champions pot in week 16 & 17...... just a thought.

If we end up going 4 brackets.....I will volunteer my services as the Commish of the 40-49 bracket seeing as I started this mess. B)

If we end up going 4 brackets.....I will volunteer my services as the Commish of the 40-49 bracket seeing as I started this mess. :D

628676[/snapback]

I'll take the 30-39 bracket. Sky said he wants either Rocknrobn or Jacksh17 as the over 50 commish. Since Los Gigantes started the Under 30 group, we'll give him the chance to commish that league.

Sound about right DGF or Sky?

I'll take the 30-39 bracket. Sky said he wants either Rocknrobn or Jacksh17 as the over 50 commish. Since Los Gigantes started the Under 30 group, we'll give him the chance to commish that league.

628683[/snapback]

Works for me.

628683[/snapback]

all good right there. we need 4 separate forums I think........ 48 people dialing into one forum may get too congested as drafts will probably not be on the same date, etc.

As a suggestion:

Have each person's entrance fee divided in half. After MFL fees, half of each fee goes towards the bracket league, and half towards the Uber Prize.

Each league has 2 divisions. The top 3 teams in each division make the playoffs for the bracket league, with the top team getting a bye. Playoffs to follow that type of bracket format to championship.

Then, each division winner from each bracket league would also get seeded in an Uber Tournament. Seeding should be done by points scored, and of course teams might be playing each other with the same players starting. Follow an 8 team playoff bracket to the big prize.

So...you can win lesser money by qualifying for the championship in your bracket league, big money if you win your division and qualify for the Uber Tournament, and realistically have a shot at both prizes.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

all good right there. we need 4 separate forums I think........ 48 people dialing into one forum may get too congested as drafts will probably not be on the same date, etc.

628693[/snapback]

Indeed. Probably 5 forums total. One for each league and one main forum.

628693[/snapback]

Let's get the first forum up and the work from there.... at the moment I would expect that the one I asked for today probably won't be up soon as it IS the holidays. I have an aversion to asking WW to put in extra time until after Christmas....

We can use the first forum to get things worked out on leagues, size, who is eligible for which league, list of names, etc... and we can do all that while waiting for the other three forums to be made..... and then everyone can head off to their particular forum....

?

Indeed. Probably 5 forums total. One for each league and one main forum.

628704[/snapback]

Yeah... thought about that.... I would make the Main Forum a 'locked' forum to Commish's and Asst Commish's and that would be where all the rules are hammered out prior to posting in each individual forum......

Main Forum could be called something like:

Huddle Age Leagues Coord Forum or something dumb like that. :D

and of course teams might be playing each other with the same players starting. 

628701[/snapback]

for got about this little intangible..... could make it interesting. I for one feel that the majority of the payout should be within your own league. It's totally skewed with the possibility of playing someone with virtually the same lineup as you...... not to mention the championship on week 17 as it is.

Let's get the first forum up and the work from there.... at the moment I would expect that the one I asked for today probably won't be up soon as it IS the holidays. I have an aversion to asking WW to put in extra time until after Christmas....

We can use the first forum to get things worked out on leagues, size, who is eligible for which league, list of names, etc... and we can do all that while waiting for the other three forums to be made..... and then everyone can head off to their particular forum....

?

628706[/snapback]

Good point. There we can work out all the rules and details from top to bottom and sift through everything. An AIM or Skybox discussion (as suggested by Sky in a PM) might be required at some point as well.

Edited for :D

:D

Edited by Hugh 0ne