[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYER

broncosn05

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daunte Culpepper. If he weren't such a fantasy goldmine everyone would realize that this guy has an incredible knack for making the big mistake and choking when it counts. Yet somehow, every year, this guy has a couple of big games against nobody in the first few weeks and he's the consensus MVP . . . until, of course, he and the Vikes choke and collapse yet again.

Peace

policy

Funny....the post vamping for Vick was deleted  ......

He DOES lead the league in sacks...and has a 1-1 TD to INT ratio

634630[/snapback]

Yeah :D was looking at the wrong stat but still I don't think he is the most overrated because he is truly the leader of the Falcons and has come up big in the games he has needed to win sweeping the Panthers. And if they wouldn't have benched Crumpler + Vick last week they would've sweeped the Saints. Vick messes up defenses by himself.

Who in your opinion is the most overrated player in the NFL today. :D

634553[/snapback]

If you count potential being overrated, it's gotta be Eli Manning. Giants for sure overrated him. So far.

Otherwise, I think I'd go with his brother, Peyton. 49 TDs - what's the big deal? It's only 3 a game, or one every 20 minutes. And it's not as if he works hard for them, two or three throws and he's done, sitting on his rear on the sidelines again watching REAL quarterbacks conducting REAL drives. Lazy pig.

:D

QB: Aaron Brooks

RB: Fred Taylor

WR: Amani Toomer

TE: Tough call prob. Bubba Franks

634677[/snapback]

Gotta disagree on your Fred Taylor call. Taylor ran extremely well this season.

Vick for sure. He's not that good. Fast feet, shakey arm.

Baltimore Def. Waaaaaay over-rated this year. Sure they look good against the bad teams. But match them up with someone above 500, and they are just average.

Big Ben - Yea I know, undefeated, that's because of the rest of the team not him. In 2 years, he may very well develop into one of the best. But he's just along for the ride right now.

Who in your opinion is the most overrated player in the NFL today.  I will have to say Clinton Portis.  Did well in Denver but hell which RB doesn't! :D

634553[/snapback]

Portis definitely had better numbers in Denver but considering how badly the Washington Offensive line played this year combined with the way Gibbs called the games I'm not sure Portis didn't have a stellar year.

I mean despite no passing game and the most predictable play calling possible behind a less than mediocre offensive line the guy still averaged nearly 4 yds per carry (3.8) and if he plays this week he'll probably go over 1400 yds rushing for the year.

As far as TD's let's face it, no one would have scored any more TD's on that team at RB than Portis did.

I know 1300 yds and 5 TD's isn't great by itself but when you consider where he got those yds and TD's I would say he did as well as any RB could have.

Edited by Jrick35

I honestly don't think those of you who mentioned Roethlisberger have watched many of the Steelers games this year. I have watched every single play (usually watch the game twice) and this kid is amazing. He plays on a great team, but he has made so many plays with his improvisational skills. I sometimes tend to be pessimistic about players, but I am very confident that Ben is going to be great for many years to come !

Daunte Culpepper.  If he weren't such a fantasy goldmine everyone would realize that this guy has an incredible knack for making the big mistake and choking when it counts.  Yet somehow, every year, this guy has a couple of big games against nobody in the first few weeks and he's the consensus MVP . . . until, of course, he and the Vikes choke and collapse yet again.

Peace

policy

634584[/snapback]

:D

Spoken like a disgruntled "Daunte's kicked my ass so many times I can't remember" Lions fan.

You do know that he'll end up 6th on the all time single season passing TD's after this season, right? And you do know that this year so far he has thrown 37 TD's. 11 INT's and 4418 yards with a 69.8% completion record ina year where they struggled with RB injuries and had the best WR in the league gimpy or our for half the season.

Just because a guy constantly kicks your teams ass really doesn't qualify as making him overrated. :D

Now if you want to talk about Joey Harrington..... B)

Vick for sure. He's not that good. Fast feet, shakey arm.

Baltimore Def. Waaaaaay over-rated this year. Sure they look good against the bad teams. But match them up with someone above 500, and they are just average.

Big Ben - Yea I know, undefeated, that's because of the rest of the team not him.  In 2 years, he may very well develop into one of the best. But he's just along for the ride right now.

634796[/snapback]

Unsure if I agree on Vick or not.

Definitely agree on Baltimore Defense.

But as for Roethlisberger I think you are way off. To say he is just along for the ride is to ignore the fact that a Rookie QB has stepped in and performed at a nearly unprecedented level for a Rookie QB. Aside from winning his first 12 starts, or whatever he's up to now...

He's completing over 66% of his passes.

He has more than 1 TD per game with 17 Passing and 1 Rushing TD in 14 games

He has only 11 INT's in those same 14 games

He's averaging nearly 9 yds per attempt

And his Passer Rating is 98.1

Not only do those numbers indicate that he has definitely not just "been along for the ride" but they make him a virtual lock for Rookie Of The Year.

Randy "another loss "Moss.

Vick a close 2nd.

634712[/snapback]

I'm in the SB this weekend. I'm starting J. Smith and Rod Smith. I'm seriously considering benching Moss for McCareins or McCardell. That son of a beach is worthless. I will never pick him again.