[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts vs. Patriots

broncosn05

Arguably the best game that we will see this playoffs will be played this weekend as the Colts take on the Patriots. I have invested many picks in the Colts this week and will hope for the romp early on but that they continue to play the game how it is suppose to be played (All Starters). This is the post for this game for us junkies to spit facts at eachother and punch it down with a score. Captain Hook and a few other guys don't make your stats plus facts so dang long. :D

Opinions??

Indy pummels the Pats..50-27. Colts go for 2 with 3 seconds left. Manning throws for 612 yards and 7 TDs. In the post-game on-field interview, Dungy starts hooting and hollering, breaks out the Ray lewis dance and says on-camera "Take that you punks! Belichick is now my blitch.."

Meanwhile, Mike Vanderjagt when asked about the game, philosophically notes that it was a close game that could've gone either way.

Definitely will probably be the best game of the weekend. Colts win it this time though. That offense is on fire, and the defense is playing better. The Pats are really beat up on defense wtih neither starting Corner playing and possibly without Seymour.

Colts win it 34-28, but after his first field goal of the game. One of the Colts OLine turns around and plants Vanderjerk and Gramatica finishes the game. After the game Dungy puts a gag order on the "liquered up idiot kicker" hoping that will keep him quiet before the game against the Steelers.

Pats 34-24

This is "go" time, and the Pats do what they do best.... Win

19-0 in the last 19 games at home should count for something

654096[/snapback]

The 19-0 in the last 19 home games counts for 19-0 in the last 19 home games. That's it, nothing more.

I am not taking the Pats lightly, they are an excellent Football Team, but I 'd bet even they would say that 19-0 in the last 19 home games don't mean jack going into this week's game.

This game has all the makings of a classic. And there are arguments that can be made as to why each team could win, the truth is, it could go either way. Either team could win this thing and it won't be decided because NE is 19-0 in the last 19 home games or even because Manning is 0-6 in Foxboro.

This game is going to be decided by the play on the field Sunday. And it is going to be the same as any other game. Protect the ball, which ever team wins the turnover battle will most likely win the game. In the absence of turnovers or if the turnovers balance out, look out because this will be one hell of a game.

But regardless of their 8-1 record without Ty Law you can not deny that the NE defense has it's back against the wall this week. And if the Pats are going to win then they are going to have to put up 43 points because the Colts are going to get 42.

I will say the final score will be 42-30. The Colts will win the turnover battle because that has been the best part of their improving defense all year long. Edgerin James will go over 100 yds rushing and Manning will, well Manning will do what Manning does.

Indy pummels the Pats..50-27. Colts go for 2 with 3 seconds left. Manning throws for 612 yards and 7 TDs. In the post-game on-field interview, Dungy starts hooting and hollering, breaks out the Ray lewis dance and says on-camera "Take that you punks! Belichick is now my blitch.."

Meanwhile, Mike Vanderjagt when asked about the game, philosophically notes that it was a close game that could've gone either way.

653967[/snapback]

:D

Sure. Here ya go:

It has'nt been any 1 or 2 players on the Pats that have stopped the Colts in the past, it has always been Belichicks def. scheme. This time, I figure he'll keep the 2 safetys kind of deep, not give up the big play, keep everything in front of them, and make the Colts march upfield slowly, all the while laying big hits on the recievers after the catch. If the Pats def. can get 3 or 4 stops in this game, they'll win easy, because.....

..Conversely, I've not yet heard how the Colts def will stop NE. They have'nt in the past, and though people seem to think they are better this year, the stats don't. I believe they have given up both more rushing and passing ypg this year, but I may be wrong, and I'm sure to hear it if I am. :D

..Conversely, I've not yet heard how the Colts def will stop NE. They have'nt in the past, and though people seem to think they are better this year, the stats don't. I believe they have given up both more rushing and passing ypg this year, but I may be wrong, and I'm sure to hear it if I am. :D

654652[/snapback]

Excellent point since the pats do know how to score.

i think the score is going to be:

20-17 Pats

Sure. Here ya go:

It has'nt been any 1 or 2 players on the Pats that have stopped the Colts in the past, it has always been Belichicks def. scheme. This time, I figure he'll keep the 2 safetys kind of deep, not give up the big play, keep everything in front of them, and make the Colts march upfield slowly, all the while laying big hits on the recievers after the catch. If the Pats def. can get 3 or 4 stops in this game, they'll win easy, because.....

654652[/snapback]

As long as you explain it I'm cool with that pick. But either way the vote stands at 10-3 Colts on top.