[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss "shake my d*ck at 'em"

Marauders11

I've been told that it is Green Bay tradition for the fans to moon the opposing teams bus on the way home. If so, where is all the 'outrage' and 'disgust' over that?

Fans want two standards. Seems to me that Moss' reaction to the fans is what the fans have asked for. Understand I'm not saying he should have done any of it, but come on. $10,000 for a fake moon and $7,500 for a forearm to Drew Brees' head? The amounts seem backward in my opinion.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you meant Detroit Piston fans, right?

I've never been to Philly.  But a few things stick out in my mind.  Cheering when Irvin got hurt.  Booing Donovan McNabb on his draft day.  Having a makeshift jail and courthouse in the stadium.

654383[/snapback]

I'm not saying that Philly fans are the most compassionate group of people, but every time something happens in any other city, Philly is killed. What's the last thing that bad that happened in Philly? It's been awhile

Detriot has had it share of really bad stuff!

Edited by Flyeaglesfly

I've been told that it is Green Bay tradition for the fans to moon the opposing teams bus on the way home.  If so, where is all the 'outrage' and 'disgust' over that?

Fans want two standards.  Seems to me that Moss' reaction to the fans is what the fans have asked for.  Understand I'm not saying he should have done any of it, but come on.  $10,000 for a fake moon and $7,500 for a forearm to Drew Brees' head?  The amounts seem backward in my opinion.

654410[/snapback]

:D

Michael Irvin's sendoff.

Not that he didn't deserve it, and nevermind it was more than I cuold have hoped for that jackass, but that eclipsed Santa, no doubt. :D

654331[/snapback]

It was also in Philly that Joe Jurevicous was heckled about his baby that just died.But in fairness that was just some isolated idiot.I bet practically every philly fan you could find would want to beat that jerkoff to a pulp.

It was also in Philly that Joe Jurevicous was heckled about his baby that just died.But in fairness that was just some isolated idiot.I bet practically every philly fan you could find would want to beat that jerkoff to a pulp.

654644[/snapback]

I've never heard that :D

654644[/snapback]

I also have never heard such an a-hole thing.

I also have never heard such an a-hole thing.

654740[/snapback]

It was said during an espn piece that was about exactly what this thread is about.It was about fans being held accountable for their actions as well..

He said it... it was on sportscenter last night as he was getting in his rig after practice.

Reporter - when are you gonna write that check Randy ?

Moss - when you're rich you don't write checks.

Reporter - how are you gonna pay ?

Moss - straight cash, homey:D

Reporter - are you upset about the fine ?

Moss - no, maybe next time I'll shake my dick @ them.

agreed.

654304[/snapback]

I dunno, I'm not really a Moss fan, but I find the entire above conversation hilarious! :D

I dunno, I'm not really a Moss fan, but I find the entire above conversation hilarious!  :D

654760[/snapback]

I do too. People need to lighten up. If I were the reporter and he said that to me, I'd probably burst out laughing.

I do too.  People need to lighten up.  If I were the reporter and he said that to me, I'd probably burst out laughing.

654805[/snapback]

I was rolling on the floor when I saw the interview last night. It was very, very funny...and Randy intended it to be...

Man, I don't think Jake Plummer giving the bird to his own fans, you know, the ones that pay for tickets to watch him play, got this much attention. :D

654324[/snapback]

I see this all the time and I don't get it - he flipped off 1 fan that was ragging on him the whole game. Other Denver players have attested to the fact that the guy riding Plummer was being a complete ass. While it came off like he birded the whole crowd, that's not what he did (at least not reportedly). I have no problem with an athlete telling one of his own "fans" to f' themselves . . . what kind of "fan" verbally abuses his home players anyway? Not a good one - anyone who does that deserves to get the bird.

Daily rant accomplished.

I see this all the time and I don't get it - he flipped off 1 fan that was ragging on him the whole game.  Other Denver players have attested to the fact that the guy riding Plummer was being a complete ass.  While it came off like he birded the whole crowd, that's not what he did (at least not reportedly).  I have no problem with an athlete telling one of his own "fans" to f' themselves . . . what kind of "fan" verbally abuses his home players anyway?  Not a good one - anyone who does that deserves to get the bird.

Daily rant accomplished.

654903[/snapback]

I would agree with this 100%, and it's my bad, as my original post was not accurate. I didn't see the incident, but from what I heard, I thought he was getting some sh*t from the fans (which when you pay a guy a butt load of money is acceptable as long as it's not abusive) because he was having a bad game and flipped them the bird. If he gave the finger to one obnoxious, drunk douchebag that was being abusive I have no problem with it either.

I'm not saying that Philly fans are the most compassionate  group of people, but every time something happens in any other city, Philly is killed. What's the last thing that bad that happened in Philly? It's been awhile

654442[/snapback]

Your teams never win anything, so why else would anyone talk about Philly?

Your teams never win anything, so why else would anyone talk about Philly?

655027[/snapback]

What are you talking about? They have the Phillies. :D

And the Flyers. :D

And the 76ers. B)

Well, at least the Eagles have made it to the NFC Championship game. :ducks:

What are you talking about? They have the Phillies. :D

And the Flyers. :D

And the 76ers. B)

Well, at least the Eagles have made it to the NFC Championship game. :ducks:

655034[/snapback]

So mr. Viking Fan where in Minny were you from?

I would agree with this 100%, and it's my bad, as my original post was not accurate. I didn't see the incident, but from what I heard, I thought he was getting some sh*t from the fans (which when you pay a guy a butt load of money is acceptable as long as it's not abusive) because he was having a bad game and flipped them the bird. If he gave the finger to one obnoxious, drunk douchebag that was being abusive I have no problem with it either.

654993[/snapback]

When there are 70,000 people congregated in one stadium, it's difficult to give the finger to one of them and have the other 69,999 understand who it was aimed at.

That said - I don't like the actions of the players lately - be it the cell phone incident, the flipping of the bird, or the mooning. Frankly, I was least offended by Moss' actions.

However, I've been to 50 or so Jets games and a dozen or so Giants and Patriots games over the years and the fans behavior seems to get more and more appauling every year. I've been on the Jets season ticket waiting list for 10 years. I started at number 12,080 - now I'm number 314, so I'll probably get season tickets next year. As excited as I am to get the tickets, I'm also concerned that I won't be able to bring my two young sons and feel comfortable in the stands. I've had everything from the usual constant stream of profanity from fans to people behind me vomiting on my back to people being beaten up quite badly in the stands. It's sickening.

Before fans complain about the actions of the players on the field, they should learn to control themselves. Spending $50 or $100 or whatever on a ticket deosn't give you the right to be an a$$.

The NFL needs to spend as much or more time on controlling fans as they do trying to conteol the players on the field. Not excusing the players actions - just another point of view.