[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Check out this Ebay item.

Skippy

That is pretty funny...people are bidding it up...

Ben

As a Jets fan, I may be in the minority - but I don't really blame Doug Brien for the loss to Pittsburgh. Kicking a 43 or a 47 yard field goal in that stadium in 25 degree temperatures is no easy task. From what I've read, very few have been able to do it in that stadium.

Brien has been a good kicker for us. I wasn't psyched when they hired him after losing John Hall, but I must admit he's been decent (except for the time when he took too long to get on the field and was still going through his warm-up routine with 6 seconds left on the play clock and ultimately got a delay of game penalty that knocked us out of FG range and cost us the game - other than that debacle, he's been decent).

I don't the Jets can bring him back now - too much bad karma. But he'll land somewhere, and if he lands on your team don't fret too much - he's not a bad kicker at all.

Still - that platter is pretty funny! :D

As a Jets fan, I may be in the minority - but I don't really blame Doug Brien for the loss to Pittsburgh.  Kicking a 43 or a 47 yard field goal in that stadium in 25 degree temperatures is no easy task.  From what I've read, very few have been able to do it in that stadium.

Brien has been a good kicker for us.  I wasn't psyched when they hired him after losing John Hall, but I must admit he's been decent (except for the time when he took too long to get on the field and was still going through his warm-up routine with 6 seconds left on the play clock and ultimately got a delay of game penalty that knocked us out of FG range and cost us the game - other than that debacle, he's been decent).

662646[/snapback]

Brien missed a 33-yarder and almost missed a 42-yarder (the one that hit the goalpost and ricocheted in) the previous week. I don't know how well he kicked during the regular season, but he was terrible throughout the postseason.

Brien missed a 33-yarder and almost missed a 42-yarder (the one that hit the goalpost and ricocheted in) the previous week.  I don't know how well he kicked during the regular season, but he was terrible throughout the postseason.

662686[/snapback]

He was decent. 24 of 29, made a few long ones including a 53 yarder. 9th in the league in scoring among kickers. Like I said - not a bad kicker.

Yeah, he struggled the past few weeks. I'm obviously pissed he missed the 2 kicks against Pitt, but at the end of the day the Jets offense needs to score some TDs.

I don't want Brien back, but 10 years from now I won't be looking back and saying he lost the game for us - the blame lies with the coaching staff for too conservative play calling, and with the offense for lack of execution.

Yeah, he struggled the past few weeks.  I'm obviously pissed he missed the 2 kicks against Pitt, but at the end of the day the Jets offense needs to score some TDs.

I don't want Brien back, but 10 years from now I won't be looking back and saying he lost the game for us - the blame lies with the coaching staff for too conservative play calling, and with the offense for lack of execution.

662731[/snapback]

Agreed that the Jets' offense should take the blame for not scoring a single offensive TD.

As a Jets fan, I may be in the minority - but I don't really blame Doug Brien for the loss to Pittsburgh.  Kicking a 43 or a 47 yard field goal in that stadium in 25 degree temperatures is no easy task.  From what I've read, very few have been able to do it in that stadium.

Brien has been a good kicker for us.  I wasn't psyched when they hired him after losing John Hall, but I must admit he's been decent (except for the time when he took too long to get on the field and was still going through his warm-up routine with 6 seconds left on the play clock and ultimately got a delay of game penalty that knocked us out of FG range and cost us the game - other than that debacle, he's been decent).

I don't the Jets can bring him back now - too much bad karma.  But he'll land somewhere, and if he lands on your team don't fret too much - he's not a bad kicker at all.

Still - that platter is pretty funny!  :D

662646[/snapback]

For the most part I agree with you vet - there are alot of reasons the Jets lost that game, Brien certainly being one of them. bottom line to me - when you're in a tight, low-scoring game, and you get a TD out of your defense and a TD out of your special teams, then it should never have come down to a last second field goal.

I do however believe that Brien needs to be replaced, and not just because of karma. This guy was extremely shaky throughout our short playoff run (his game against San Diego was pretty miserable also). I'm not sure what his playoff history was up until now, but if we plan on being in the playoffs regularly, then I do not want to roll the dice again with a guy who failed to stand up to the pressure the first time around.