[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Burress, Muhammad, Coles, or Mason

T-Scorp

IMHO, the last thing the Vikes will want to do is replace a supposed "cancer" with a guy like Burress. I say he's a no-go. I don't think they'll fall into the false sense of security with old man Muhsin ouch-My-hammy. I could see Coles going there - and prospering. Mason would probably do well there, too... but would come with a pricier tag than Coles. They may go after Williams in the draft, too.

Last year, Culpepper proved he could do just fine with Burleson, Robinson, and Campbell. Wiggins really stepped it up, and Kleinsasser is back.

I think the Vikes would be better off rolling with their offense as-is and addressing their godawful defense.

The Vikes have more cap space than anyone else in the NFL. If they want Mason, they can get him, no problem. Will this new owner be willing to spend more money? There would still be a HUGH amount of cap space available to address the needs of the defensive shortcomings.

The Vikes have more cap space than anyone else in the NFL. If they want Mason, they can get him, no problem. Will this new owner be willing to spend more money? There would still be a HUGH amount of cap space available to address the needs of the defensive shortcomings.

709373[/snapback]

The "new owner" supposedly didn't want to trade Moss-so, unfortunately for Vikings fans," we'' have to play the waiting game. Hopefully there will be quality players left. Moss was too good to not get alot for him.

Edited by borge007

They should spend there money in FA on the defensive side of the ball. Burleson looked real good last year when Randy was out. They should draft a WR with their first pick. I doubt Edwards or Mike Williams will fall to them, but if they could get Troy Williams, Roddy White or Mark Clayton, I'd think they and their fans should be happy.

They need to pick up someone. Burleson is good, but part of that was the fear of Moss. Without a deep threat Burleson will be covered heavier. He did step it up with Moss out, but if he is the #1 receiver out of the shoot he will ultimately get more attention every game. The new owner will have to spend money, or will lose on his investment.

Last year, Culpepper proved he could do just fine with Burleson, Robinson, and Campbell. Wiggins really stepped it up, and Kleinsasser is back.

709367[/snapback]

I don't remember the specifics, and I'm too lazy to do the research, but I know as a Daunte owner that his numbers fell off pretty dramatically when Moss went down (admittedly had he kept up that pace he'd have been vying with Peyton for most TDs), and I thought the Vikings tailed off as well, no?

Edited by Easy n Dirty

I think Mason would be great in this offense. He may cost a little more but it would be worth it. I also think they should trade Michael Bennett for a pick or a solid defensive player, they would still have three good RBs in O. Smith, M. Moore and Williams. With the cap room they have and the picks they can really revamp the D, which we all know, really needs it. Any money they have left over should be used to buy CPEP some "stickum". :D