[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Regular-season NFL game in Mexico

Blue Cross

Not a given fact yet but, What do you think?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Not a given fact yet but, What do you think?

• Good, It's necessary to move business outside
    • Wrong, Regular season games should always be played at team's home stadium
    • I don't care, It's the cards & 49ers anyway!!

Yeah, home games should be at the team's HOME field. This crap is fine for exhibition, but you're limiting a fan's ability to go watch his favorite team(s). What if some Niners fan that retired to Phoenix wanted to go see his team play? Who cares if the Cards don't always sell games out? Oh, NFL. Money. Forgot. This is lame.

Hope it's not the Cards home game against the 49ers.

That's about the only game I can get to that doesn't include a very long drive. Arizona is a lot easier to get to then SF.

734793[/snapback]

Check out the link provided. It's the Cards' home game. And exactly that's why this sucks... for people like you, or like I noted, retirees or "transplants" that live in Phoenix that actually want to go see the crappy-a$$ Niners... :D

Edit: This also screws the Card season ticket holders. All 4 of them. Do they get a discount based on 7 home games instead of 8?

Edited by darin3

Check out the link provided.  It's the Cards' home game.  And exactly that's why this sucks... for people like you, or like I noted, retirees or "transplants" that live in Phoenix that actually want to go see the crappy-a$$ Niners... :D

Edit:  This also screws the Card season ticket holders.  All 4 of them.  Do they get a discount based on 7 home games instead of 8?

734798[/snapback]

I believe I read where they where adjusting all season tix holders invoices for 7 games instead of 8.

The 'tards have horrible attendence. If they only get half the gate and 100,000+ show up, that's still double a normal home game. Thank God they didn't move here in '88.

If 100,000 people bought tickets, I still would not think they would make money. These people aren't going to pay 40-80 bucks for a ticket or the equivilant of that in Mexican money. Just think of the security costs. I think it is a losing proposition for the NFL.

This is, I think, part of the NFL's long term plan..... NFL Europe, preseason games in Japan, now a regular season game in Mexico City. They have saturated the US, so the only place they can expand is internationally. It's a buisness, and buisnesses have to grow. I don't like it, but it's the way I see it.

Yeah, home games should be at the team's HOME field.  This crap is fine for exhibition, but you're limiting a fan's ability to go watch his favorite team(s).  What if some Niners fan that retired to Phoenix wanted to go see his team play?  Who cares if the Cards don't always sell games out?  Oh, NFL.  Money.  Forgot.  This is lame.

734789[/snapback]

To do this a bit more equitably is to pick a division rivalry where teams play each other twice and put BOTH games in mexico city ... But it is still stupid as it costs each team a home game compared to their conference counterparts.

BAH!! Money grubbing stunt. :D

It's about the money, and will always be about the money. The handwriting is on the wall, the NFL is trying to go international. It may take some time, but it's quite obvious. Same reason MLB never cracked down on steriods.....breaking home run records increases attendance. Things like tradition and fans play little role in the whole equation. That is why the Super Bowl has all that crap.... to attract more money, has nothing to do with the loyal fan base.

To do this a bit more equitably is to pick a division rivalry where teams play each other twice and put BOTH games in mexico city ... But it is still stupid as it costs each team a home game compared to their conference counterparts. 

BAH!!  Money grubbing stunt.   :D

741243[/snapback]

Come Jellies, after the first game, do you really think the Mexican people would pay to see the second one?

This has the smell of politics. Either the Mexican Govt. Cleans up it's act and slows down the smuggling of drugs across the Arizona Boarder or we are going to punish them with sh!tty NFL games.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy