[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reuben Droughns..........

Gators

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say about him is, I have never seen anyone run over the Panthers that physically since John Fox became the coach.

746806[/snapback]

The defensive line was pretty banged up and we had some injuries at LB as well.

The defensive line was pretty banged up and we had some injuries at LB as well.

746812[/snapback]

I benched Droughns because I saw Priest Holmes not do much so I figured they were getting back into shape after that Green Bay game.

Is there news on Droughns?

What I saw of him looked pretty good against everybody until late in the season when nagging injuries and maybe a little overuse started to come into play. The guy did run over some people...injured teams or not.

Is there news on Droughns?

What I saw of him looked pretty good against everybody until late in the season when nagging injuries and maybe a little overuse started to come into play. The guy did run over some people...injured teams or not.

747142[/snapback]

My guess is that due to the fact that he wore down, many people conluded he's not really a full time back.

My guess is that due to the fact that he wore down, many people conluded he's not really a full time back.

747176[/snapback]

He also had a bit of a fumbling issue, didn't he? Not to mention that he's had a bunch of injuries in his career, and most teams probably view him more as a product of Denver's system then anything else (like Gary and Anderson).

If I was the GM for the Dolphins. Cards, Browns or the Bucs, I get Droughns....I give him the ball 300 times and I will win football games.....Hes the best bang for the buck....Sure I would take Shawn Alexander ove Reuben, But Alexander is too expensive..I would take Droughns over Henry or Michael Bennett though.....

Droughns is a weird call. I tend to agree some with FURD that the Denver system just seems to take anybody and plug them in and they have success. At the same time it's hard to believe their system can be so consistently productive, especially with guys that are late draft picks and spare parts. Proof in the pudding I guess.

Still though, Droughns looked good and honestly is 5 fumbles really that bad? Detroit ??? I don't think too many backs could have run in that system so you can't really judge Droughns their either. Maybe he falls somewhere in between, which as someone else stated, isn't he worth a small gamble?

Interesting to watch how this plays out nonetheless...

I also tend to agree that he's just a product of the system. I think most GM's realize this as well. Let's see him do something on another team. Still I would take a flyer on him if he was traded to a team that wanted to make him a #1 back.