[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BIG rumors today

Swiss Cheezhead

Profootballtalk is reporting today:

1. Nick Saban has quit as the Dolphins coach and owner Wayne Huizenga has agreed to pay him a severance of half of Saban's 2005 salary.

2. San Diego has agreed to a deal with the 49ers giving them Drew Brees, the 1.12, and the 2.28 in return for SF's 1.01 and 2.01.

Before there's a crazy backlash, let me just say a few things. First, I know that there's been nothing indicating that Saban is unhappy with his new job. I also konw that all reports a couple of days ago said that A.J. Smith (GM, Chargers) was planning on keeping both of his QBs until after next year.

Normally, I wouldn't post rumors that seem so outlandish, but the editor of this site is usually very skeptical. He'll usually hedge a little on his "rumor reports" if there's any doubt about their validity. This time, on both stories, he reported them as if they were already done deals. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised.

After the Super Bowl ticket fiasco, Mike Tice has been fired as head coach of the Minnesota Vikings. A press conference at Winter Park is set for 1:00pm central at which time it is expected that Bud Grant will be named the new coach of the Vikings.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Profootballtalk is reporting today:

1. Nick Saban has quit as the Dolphins coach and owner Wayne Huizenga has agreed to pay him a severance of half of Saban's 2005 salary.

2. San Diego has agreed to a deal with the 49ers giving them Drew Brees, the 1.12, and the 2.28 in return for SF's 1.01 and 2.01.

Before there's a crazy backlash, let me just say a few things. First, I know that there's been nothing indicating that Saban is unhappy with his new job. I also konw that all reports a couple of days ago said that A.J. Smith (GM, Chargers) was planning on keeping both of his QBs until after next year. 

Normally, I wouldn't post rumors that seem so outlandish, but the editor of this site is usually very skeptical. He'll usually hedge a little on his "rumor reports" if there's any doubt about their validity. This time, on both stories, he reported them as if they were already done deals. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised.

760890[/snapback]

I don't know if your playing or not but they are April fools jokes

I don't know if your playing or not but they are April fools jokes

760902[/snapback]

Actually, I was playing -- but only because I was halfway through the "Jaguars-to-L.A." story before I realized I'd been duped. So, feeling silly, I decided that a few other Huddlers needed to be duped as well. :D

The best one I've heard today is that Dan Synder has gotten tired of waiting for a title and has bought the Pats; lock, stock and Belichek from Bob Kraft. Kraft will get the Skins roster as a kick in on the deal, but Synder keeps the name and rights to the team.

April fools, fools

After the Super Bowl ticket fiasco, Mike Tice has been fired as head coach of the Minnesota Vikings. A press conference at Winter Park is set for 1:00pm central at which time it is expected that Bud Grant will be named the new coach of the Vikings.

760901[/snapback]

This is clearly and April Fools Joke. No way does Bud Grant come back again. The truth is that the Vikings will name Les Steckel as their new coach..

Some Kate Middleton at work just taped my phone together and then called. There will be consequences and repercussions! Repercussions damnit!

761004[/snapback]

Actually, THAT's pretty funny!! :D