[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN Round table.....

Tyler Rose

Any New England fans able to confirm that Vrabel actually does walk 3 feet off the ground? That is the way he comes off everytime they go to the round table. Yeah,yeah you've been on the SB winning team but he acts like the buddy from high school who drives the coolest car and whose family has the biggest house. Last time I checked it's Coach B who is the brains behind the team not Vrabel,although if you ask him he'll probably take the credit. A little consistency in his answers would be nice too........loves Moss because of his 'production' and doesn't care what distractions he may cause or that he leaves a game early. However...Castillo and Clarett are quitters and cheaters. What if they produce,Mike? Then are they OK? Please let him have something else important to do today(like split atoms,or turn water into wine....or whatever else he does in his sparetime). Hey, William Perry scored a TD in the Super Bowl too....so it ain't your ticket to the hall!!

Any New England fans able to confirm that Vrabel actually does walk 3 feet off the ground? That is the way he comes off everytime they go to the round table. Yeah,yeah you've been on the SB winning team but he acts like the buddy from high school who drives the coolest car and whose family has the biggest house. Last time I checked it's Coach B who is the brains behind the team not Vrabel,although if you ask him he'll probably take the credit. A little consistency in his answers would be nice too........loves Moss because of his 'production' and doesn't care what distractions he may cause or that he leaves a game early. However...Castillo and Clarett are quitters and cheaters. What if they produce,Mike? Then are they OK? Please let him have something else important to do today(like split atoms,or turn water into wine....or whatever else he does in his sparetime). Hey, William Perry scored a TD in the Super Bowl too....so it ain't your ticket to the hall!!

791597[/snapback]

I agree.He comes of as an arrogant idiot to me..Torry Holt on the other hand is doing a pretty good job.

Tyler Rose  4/24/05 08:58am Post #1 

Huddler

Group: Members

Member No.: 3,000

Hey Tyler,

Nice member number.  But mine is cooler :D

791599[/snapback]

Doesn't 3,000 get me in to the hall automatically? Not if I'm Pete Rose mind you :D

I was going to post this yesterday, but I am dissapointed in in ESPN's coverage of the draft. Once they got to the second round, they did a bad job updating picks, They missed quite a few. I had to go to the internet to look to see who was picked. Anybody else notice that. :D

Generally speaking, as a team guy, I like Vrabel. On the other hand, some people have no business sitting in front of a tv camera.

I stopped listening to him when he defended Randy Moss for the sole reason that he's the best WR in the NFL.

I was going to post this yesterday, but I am dissapointed in in ESPN's coverage of the draft. Once they got to the second round, they did a bad job updating picks, They missed quite a few. I had to go to the internet to look to see who was picked. Anybody else notice that.  :D

791603[/snapback]

Yep. I did the same thing.

I was going to post this yesterday, but I am dissapointed in in ESPN's coverage of the draft. Once they got to the second round, they did a bad job updating picks, They missed quite a few. I had to go to the internet to look to see who was picked. Anybody else notice that.  :D

791603[/snapback]

Agreed. No ticker along the bottom recapping picks? The team by team thing was okay, but I like the running ticker ... plus they kept yapping about old footage and inside jokes rather than talk about who's getting picked ... TELL ME ABOUT THE MOST RECENT PICK AND SHUT UP!!!

Generally speaking, as a team guy, I like Vrabel. On the other hand, some people have no business sitting in front of a tv camera.

I stopped listening to him when he defended Randy Moss for the sole reason that he's the best WR in the NFL.

791608[/snapback]

Exactly. The guy is an idiot. I do not care what he has won. Last time I checked football was a "TEAM" sport.

I am also sick of hearing about guys like TO and Brady. Not that I do not like them but the drfat is about new guys not current ones.

And lastly can we get some one other that that chick doing the interviews. (cannot recall her name) She is just awful :eek:

Agreed.  No ticker along the bottom recapping picks?  The team by team thing was okay, but I like the running ticker ... plus they kept yapping about old footage and inside jokes rather than talk about who's getting picked ... TELL ME ABOUT THE MOST RECENT PICK AND SHUT UP!!!

791613[/snapback]

Agreed. I don't really need to see 'Jaws' breaking down Tom Brady while teams are picking. I am a little familiar with this Brady fella and would like to hear about the 'newer' guys coming into the league.

Chris Berman was trying so hard to be funny and the other guys at the podium were not into his schtick. Without his Ed Macmahon side kick Tom Jackson Berman was left hanging too many times.

PS-I love TJ as an expert and am only refering to the fact that he and least laughs at Bermans antics.

PPS-Hey Berman....push yourself away from the table a little sooner my friend or at least call Anna Nicole for some of that Trim Spa stuff.

791603[/snapback]

NFL Network had very good coverage and analysis when they were on the air. Too bad they went to an NFL Europe game after the first hour. They would chime in with updates periodically, and they had a late night recap. I caught the late night recap which was pretty good. I wish they had done the whole draft.

I use the Internet exclusively. I may miss some nuggets of info from Kiper and Co, but at least I don't have to watch the self-satisfied bunch of talking (and shouting) heads.

Edit - and the endless stinking commercials. :D

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Vrabel was a pompous fool, especially when they talked about Luis Castillo. I'm glad I wasn't the only person who thought so.

791775[/snapback]

IMO the round table would have been OK if Vrabel had been eliminated.I didn't mind Trent Green or Jansen.As far as the first day coverage T.Holt did a very nice job as a rookie in that type of situation.Although Kiper tried like hell to keep running his mouth so Tory could not speak.

791603[/snapback]

I was working and didn't get to watch the coverage. Turned to it just in time to see the Hawks 3rd rounder. They flash it on the screen for 5 seconds, and then move on. The talking heads were discussing Williamson and how he fits in Minnesota.

That's a fair discussion at some point, but virtually all the players picked yesterday serve some purpose in the grand scheme of things for each individual team. The least they could do is bring that up.

They also failed to mention at any point that Mel Kiper prognostications are completely irrelevant, and that 10-15 of the 32 players picked in the 1st Round yesterday won't be on NFL rosters in 2007.

791608[/snapback]

I agree. Like him on the field, but in front of a camera he is pretty overbearing. When talking about Moss he wouldn't even consider anyone else's thoughts were valid.

Sure he can score but when he walks off the field when they could win the game he won't get to the SB.

Raiders are probably the perfect place for Moss.

Sirius's coverage on thew NFL channel was far better.

Edited by Randall