[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Longest potential holdout?

Jackass

who is most in jeapordy of missing games  

75 members have voted

1. 1. who is most in jeapordy of missing games

• T.O
    • Alexander
    • Javon Walker

I think T.O. & Walker cave.

Alexander, on the other hand, has a rather large chip on his shoulder from last year, when he came up 1 yard shy of the rushing title.

Methinks he will stick to his demands for a long term contract as long as he possibly can.

Methinks he'll do this for two reasons.

(1) He may have said all the right things after his initial outburst against Holmgren, but I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts, that he's still holding a grudge and would like nothing more than to stick it to Holmgren a little

(2) RB is easily one of the more injury prone positions to play. It would simply be in his best interests, to have a long term contract under his belt.

None of these situations look very good right now.  Any homers or others with an opinion care to chime in?

887432[/snapback]

I just wanted to see if it said donkey when I quoted you with a reply. I voted for TO because you know the Eagles are not giving an inch....or a dollar.

I couldn't vote in your poll because the option I am most comfortable with is not available.

I don't think any of the three will miss any regular season games. They may all hold out until the end of pre-season, but they will all be in the fold come the start of the season.

JMHPOV

T.O. cause he is the most emotional of the bunch.  Emotions translates into irrationality.

887525[/snapback]

What I think as well. TO just doesn't know when to stop.

Alexander loves Seattle too much to hold out. What I witness through Seattle is their is the Holmgren lovers and haters the Hasselbeck lovers and Haters and the Shaun Alexander lovers and haters. I love them all and we could have a very successfull team if they were all on the same page. Maybe we can do it this year. To Bad Koren Robinson got aressted for DUI oh wait one year sentance only has to serve one day in jail.

I'm enjoying the TO saga here in the Philly area. The Eagles party line remains no renogotiation while TO keeps insisting he deserves more. I'm not an Eagles fan so I don't really care, but I sure enjoy Philly talk radio a lot more. Can't wait to see who blinks.

TO has really cooled his acerbic rhetoric lately. I think he knows that Lurie and the Eagles arent going to re-do his contract. Alexander wont hold out either. The one year wonder Javon Walker is the only one I am worried wont be there for the season..

that's a good point. hadn't thought of that

890243[/snapback]

TO will hold out the longest because he would never want to admit that he had made an error in judgement (ie battling over a $49 million contract). He's just doing what is best for his family--I know what he means. I don't know how he can get by on 49 mills over seven years. Poor guy. Let's take him some soup or something. :doah:

TO has really cooled his acerbic rhetoric lately.  I think he knows that Lurie and the Eagles arent going to re-do his contract.  Alexander wont hold out either.  The one year wonder Javon Walker is the only one I am worried wont be there for the season..

890017[/snapback]

I agree Spain.

some info/analysis from cbs sportsline

Shaun Alexander, RB, Seattle Seahawks

The low down: Holding out for a long-term contract; team has offered one-year franchise tender.

Analysis: It's expected that Alexander, a high-character person with an active role in the community, will agree to at least the one-year tender and play in 2005. Coming up one yard shy of the rushing title in '04 along with not advancing in the playoffs and being franchised by the Seahawks this offseason may have left a sour taste in Alexander's mouth. However, football is football and Alexander makes nothing if he doesn't play.

If he misses time: Look for Maurice Morris to tote the rock for Seattle, which would have a far less potent offense without Alexander.

Fantasy spin: Alexander is still one of the top three RBs in the game and should be taken with a top-five selection on Draft Day.

Terrell Owens, WR, Philadelphia Eagles

The low down: Holding out for a new contract after signing extension last offseason with Eagles.

Analysis: Owens believes he's the most valuable player in Philadelphia and should be paid as such. Even if that’s the case, the Eagles aren't buying it. There has been a lot of press on this holdout, and the consensus is that T.O. will hold out for a while, possibly into the regular season. Owens knows the Eagles' receiving corps is in trouble without him, so he does have a nice bargaining chip.

If he misses time: Philadelphia's offense goes in a time machine back to 2003. Donovan McNabb loses at least 10 touchdowns and 1,200 yards off his projected statistics. The Eagles would either have rookie Reggie Brown step in or sign a street free agent.

Fantasy spin: We think Owens will play. T.O. has a flair for the dramatic and could give up on his holdout the day before the regular season. He should be one of the top three receivers taken in most leagues.

Javon Walker, WR, Green Bay Packers

The low down: Holding out for a new contract after breaking out last year, has two years left on his current contract, which he signed as a rookie.

Javon Walker could skip training camp in 2005. (Getty Images)

Analysis: Walker has improved every year so far, including a smashing 2004, but does that warrant a new deal? The Packers don't think so. Brett Favre has even been vocal about the holdout, suggesting that he himself is a future Hall of Famer and has never held out of camp.

If he misses time: Unlike Philadelphia, Green Bay will still have a passing threat in Donald Driver. They also have unproven receivers Robert Ferguson and Antonio Chatman, plus rookie Terrence Murphy, who has looked good in camp. Favre's numbers may dip, but not to the point some would expect.

Fantasy spin: Walker has the same agent as Owens and former Packer Mike McKenzie, who held out last year. He should end up playing a full season and thus is worth an early-round pick as a No. 1 Fantasy WR.

I couldn't vote in your poll because the option I am most comfortable with is not available.

I don't think any of the three will miss any regular season games. They may all hold out until the end of pre-season, but they will all be in the fold come the start of the season.

JMHPOV

887465[/snapback]

Heck... none of these guys are even holding out through pre-season. Every one of them will be in camp. Kinda takes the fun out of it..... and if nothing else the last couple days of info sure did take any drama out of things.