[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One commish wants to change the starting lineup

loaf

2 QBs

4 WRs

2 RBs

TE

WR/TE

WR/RB

K

2 DEF

6 Bench positions

seems like an excessive amount of WRs and QBs to me. I voted no. Anyone ever play in a 2 QB League before? Or 4-6 WRs?

14 Teams are in this performace League...

We made the switch to 2 QBs this year (10 team league). There's solid arguments for and against.

But for you in a 14 team league, I would not recommend it. That guy is going overboard and needs to do the math.

You figure each team needs 2 QBS and then a back up for bye weeks/injuries. 14 X 3 is 42. There are not 42 starting QBs in the NFL. You will have teams often playing with a 1 man handicap, which is really bad form in my opinion.

Nevermind that most teams will be starting at least 5 WRs, and own 6-7. :D

Edited by Roo

and two Defenses. 10 teams will be without a bye week fill in...

all points I brought up in my rebuttal...but some idiots are going for it and so far my position is losing out 6-4 :D

If they aren't close friends, I'd jump ship. If you made that argument, and they understand that it's mathmatically very likely that teams will often enter a week without a full team of starters, yet they want to do it anyway.....adios.

Edited by Roo

i think the idea is appealing to those who think they have superior accumen, figuring they know the 119th WR in the league better than anybody else, and have good projections on JP Losman and Alex Smith. And the only reason they don't win every year is the dumb luck of their opponents. Or put another way, the more choices you have to make the more your knowledge rather than luck is reflected in those choices.

However

I still do enjoy the idea that you are creating a team, even if it does not reflect a real NFL set up you still got to go with the notion that you can only have 1 QB playing. It shouldn't be upsetting, because as stated above it's not like you are drafting a player in every position, but for some strange reason, it just feels wrong.

Of course as someone said earlier, for a 14 team league it's a non-starter stupid idea anyways. :D

of course 32 Homers gives me great insight to those 3rd and 4th string WRs and TEs...and I'm not really worried about teams not sporting whole lineups, they just have to make sure to put off that 4th RB in lieu of their backup D or QB...if not, it's their choice to wait out the IR and pick up an injury fill in. QBs go down quite a bit and if they were smart, they would pick up some shaky starter's backup to begin with...now the Defense, I have no defense for. Just git-r-done during the Draft...

As pointed out, with 14 teams it's just not possible, plus as a commish of my local for 7 years, I would not want to keep up with the extra flax and just don't see where it would add to the competition level of the leauge itself? :D

Bad idea for a 14 team league on many levels. You've already pointed out the problem with QBs and DEFs ... also, if a team is starting 5 WRs, there will be 70 WRs started each week ... some teams, due to bye weeks, may be forced to start players that are 5th or 6th string on their NFL teams!

Also, the waiver wires will not exist.

My first league I commished had this sort of lineup, but we only had 6 or 8 guys.  It made sense in that setting, no way in a 14-team league.

892987[/snapback]

I'm in a local 10 man league, very low stakes, that starts 2 QBs and has a very similar roster to the one Loaf outlined above. It's fun enough, but it's definitely my 6th and final league in terms of priority.

Edit: But like everybody else thinks, in a 14 man league, it's crazy. :D

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I also agree that with a 14 team league that this would be hard to do and put a full roster out there each week.

280 players would get selected in this draft. That makes for a long draft.

That sounds very weird. I would have voted no as well.

On my trip into Michigan on Saturday listening to the Sirius Fantasy Football Preview show, one caller came in and said they had to start one player at all offensive postions plus a DEF and then had three flex positions to use as they please. They could start four QBs, or four RBs, or four WRs...you get the idea...if they wanted. I have definitely never heard of that before.

...then had three flex positions to use as they please. They could start four QBs, or four RBs, or four WRs...you get the idea...if they wanted. I have definitely never heard of that before.

893397[/snapback]

Never heard of that before either.

But it's actually kinda intriguing. Depending on the scoring - starting C'Pep and Manning? And... Bulger/McNabb/whoever?

I played in a 2qb league last year for the first time that gave 6 pts for a passing td. I hated it. It made teams with good position players practically useless because a guy with 2 good qbs was to hard to overcome.

But for you in a 14 team league, I would not recommend it.  That guy is going overboard and needs to do the math.

You figure each team needs 2 QBS and then a back up for bye weeks/injuries.  14 X 3 is 42.  There are not 42 starting QBs in the NFL.    You will have teams often playing with a 1 man handicap, which is really bad form in my opinion.

Nevermind that most teams will be starting at least 5 WRs, and own 6-7.    :D

892860[/snapback]

Exactly. Thats a ridiculous format for a 14 team league