[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Vick

Skilly

I don't see how one can compare McNabb and Vick. These two guys are on a complete different level. They are both African-American, they are QB's, and they are fast; the similarities end there. McNabb has accomplished so much more than Vick. Before TO, McNabb had arguably the worst WR corps of all time yet time after time got them within one game of the Super Bowl. TO was out the whole playoffs and McNabb still did it. How can one compare McNabb and Vick's NFL mind? Vick has nowhere the NFL intelligence that McNabb has. I don't care about talking ghetto, dressing ghetto, throw that all out. The bottom line is Vick is good but not great. He is not patient for the WCO. He still is thinking about running. Vick is gonna have a horrible season. Their defense has already taken a blow with Kerney gone. The Panthers are stacked and not gonna have two bad years in a row. Vick has a long way to go before being even close to McNabb is as a QB.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, no, McNabb left Syracuse in 1999. Way to "drop that mad football knowledge" on me. clap.gif

Yeah and Mcnabb was born in 1976 - do the math buddy. I was right he was still partying in Syracuse at age 22

Anyway, who said the Falcons have this great offensive line (by claiming Vick would die behind the miami line, are you claiming that the falcons line is good? are you serious? No team has a better trio of rushers than Dunn, Duckett & Vick, who single handedly made them a good rushing team because he averaged 7.5 yards a carry. They have one good lineman, who is a borderline all-pro in Kynan Forney who was a 7th round pick.

Dunn, Duckett & Vick along with Chris chambers, marty booker & Randy mcmichael is a

pretty good team by the way.

put manning on the dolphins and he throws less than half the td's he did last year

Now i'm being a hypocrit by still posting.

Bill i like the challenge - i'm sure we'll bump heads in other posts

claiming vick can't read offenses, when in his 2nd year he went for 24 td's and only 8 int's and 800 yards on the ground (yes 8 rushing td's count) good for a 80+ qb rating, is down right idiotic.

Like all first year qb's in the west coast offense, Vick struggled, but keep on believing its because he lacks the quick with to process defenses, dresses ghetto and wears a doo-rag in interviews :D

Their defense has already taken a blow with Kerney gone. The Panthers are stacked and not gonna have two bad years in a row.

Uh kerney is fine - and vick has never lost to the panthers he's 5-0. Maybe you missed the most electrifying play of the year when Vick dove into the endzone on 4th and goal.

Panthers will be really good though - don't sleep on the NFC south

Like all first year qb's in the west coast offense, Vick struggled, but keep on believing its because he lacks the quick with to process defenses, dresses ghetto and wears a doo-rag in interviews :D

898620[/snapback]

For the last time--I don't think Vick is dumb because he dresses like Master P. HE'S DUMB BECAUSE HE CAN'T READ DEFENSES IN THE WCO. He can do his next interview in the San Diego Chicken's suit. Still can't read the D. He could do his next interview in front of HARVARD. Still hasn't proved he can read a pro defense and use the system to make passes. He could be standing on the corner with a forty of Old E flashing gang signs--he is an inaccurate passer so far in his career.

If he wants to dress in his "Thugged Out" G-Unit clothing, so be it. There are people who will make judgements about him based on his style. I am not one of them. All I am interested in is whether or not he could be a good NFL quarterback, and more importantly, whether or not he is worth a draft pick. So far, I see a lot of talent. But talent alone doesn't get it done. Ask Allen Iverson how many rings he has.

Edited by Ruffian

For the last time--I don't think Vick is dumb because he dresses like Master P. HE'S DUMB BECAUSE HE CAN'T READ DEFENSES IN THE WCO.

So you would have labeled Steve Young dumb his 1st year in the WCO and call his career a failure before it's really began?

So you would have labeled Steve Young dumb his 1st year in the WCO and call his career a failure before it's really began?

898727[/snapback]

Yep, if I felt that he made bad decisions or ran when he should have let the system work. Furthermore, I didn't say Vick couldn't learn the system nor did I say that his career is a failure. (Please tell me that you think Vick's intelligence is greater than Steve Young's.) But if you are trying to say that Vick will be as good as Steve Young, you have a long way to go before I am convinced. I'll be willing to bet that Vick will try to win the game with his legs again this season, while Young and Rice were among the league's all time best touchdown tandems. I have not disputed Vick's athleticism once. I have criticized his decision making (ala Ron Mexico) and will continue to think that way until he is able to use the WCO or until Mora Jr. abondons it and lets Vick play his way.

Edited by Ruffian

Uh kerney is fine - and vick has never lost to the panthers he's 5-0. Maybe you missed the most electrifying play of the year when Vick dove into the endzone on 4th and goal. 

Panthers will be really good though - don't sleep on the NFC south

898623[/snapback]

That def wasn't the most electrfying play of the year. And I think I remember watching that and saying he was down before his knee in the endzone. VICK = OVERRATED Does he have the talent to be good? Of courrrrse. Right now though, he isn't great. I'm with Ruffian.

(Please tell me that you think Vick's intelligence is greater than Steve Young's.)

Thankyou waterman for some support.

Ruffian continues to compare apples and oranges

Steve Young has finished his NFL Career. Of course Vick is not Steve Young yet

Nor is Julius Jones an Emmit Smith or Chad Johnson a Jerry Rice. How the hell can you compare someone who is a 4 year veteran to a guy who has played 10 + seasons. And Lebron James is dumb because he can't read the opponents defense and has't won 6 championships like Michael Jordan.

No reason to ask Allen Iverson anything - why don't you ask Dan Marino how many championship rings he has. Why would you bring that up except for the fact Iverson is ghetto black athlete. So being ghetto is associated with talent but lack of mental aptitude to win a championshiop. What are you living in the deep south in the 1700's?

Perhaps you should take a class in sociology to identify forms of sublt discrimination.

For the last time--I don't think Vick is dumb because he dresses like Master P. HE'S DUMB BECAUSE HE CAN'T READ DEFENSES IN THE WCO.

Than steve young is just as dumb because he threw 8 td's and 13 picks his 2nd year in the league and couldn't read defenses until his 8th year, his first as a fulltime starter

:D

When Peyton Manning was 23 he threw 14 td's and 14 int's

When Mcnabb was 23 he was sitting on the bench with his thumb up his arse behind bubby brister

When Vick was 23 he beat G B in the playoffs and went for 24 td's and 8 interceptions and made the pro bowl. You cannot start in the nfl if you cannot read defenses.

is that proof enough

And I think I remember watching that and saying he was down before his knee in the endzone

uh no becasue it was replayed about a thousand times and it was clear his knee never hit the ground. The game was on national tv - the panthers won 6 straight and were the hottest team in the nfl at the time. It was like 4th and 15 or someshucks. It was ridiculous

Carolina linebacker Dan Morgan on the game:

"It was just an unbelievable game. We hate to lose it. And Vick&hey, he just makes plays. And tonight, he made plays at key times. Everybody knows about him. There isn't much else to say, so I won't."

Carolina linebacker Mark Fields on Vick's rushing touchdown:

"No other quarterback makes that play. He's a good athlete. They deserve the win. They were balling tonight. They won the game. To the victor, go the spoils."

Maybe you guys should pay attention

Vick is dumb because he has lived in the United States his entire life and still hasnt mastered the English language. He was given 12 years of free public education and never learned the language. He was given 4 free years of college, and still sounds like a knuckle dragging trogladyte. It is pathetic how his communication skills never developed to enable him to function in society. Obviously, he is a very gifted athelete. His physcial gifts will make him relatively successful in the NFL. But listening to him speak is a journey that I just dont want to have to endure ever again.

uh no becasue it was replayed about a thousand times and it was clear his knee never hit the ground. The game was on national tv - the panthers won 6 straight and were the hottest team in the nfl at the time.  It was like 4th and 15 or someshucks.  It was ridiculous

Carolina linebacker Dan Morgan on the game:

"It was just an unbelievable game. We hate to lose it. And Vick&hey, he just makes plays. And tonight, he made plays at key times. Everybody knows about him. There isn't much else to say, so I won't."

Carolina linebacker Mark Fields on Vick's rushing touchdown:

"No other quarterback makes that play. He's a good athlete. They deserve the win. They were balling tonight. They won the game. To the victor, go the spoils."

Maybe you guys should pay attention

898912[/snapback]

You need to read man; no one is questioning his talent or ability. All we are saying is at this point in his career, he his horrible in the WCO, just like Young once was.

Vick is dumb because he has lived in the United States his entire life and still hasnt mastered the English language.  He was given 12 years of free public education and never learned the language.  He was given 4 free years of college, and still sounds like a knuckle dragging trogladyte.  It is pathetic how his communication skills never developed to enable him to function in society.  Obviously, he is a very gifted athelete.  His physcial gifts will make him relatively successful in the NFL.  But listening to him speak is a journey that I just dont want to have to endure ever again.

898915[/snapback]

Ever heard an interview with Lorenzo Neal?

Ruffian continues to compare apples and oranges

Steve Young has finished his NFL Career. Of course Vick is not Steve Young yet

Nor is Julius Jones an Emmit Smith or Chad Johnson a Jerry Rice. How the hell can you compare someone who is a 4 year veteran to a guy who has played 10 + seasons.  And Lebron James is dumb because he can't read the opponents defense and has't won 6 championships like Michael Jordan.

No reason to ask Allen Iverson anything  - why don't you ask Dan Marino how many championship rings he has.  Why would you bring that up except for the fact Iverson is ghetto black athlete. So being ghetto is associated with talent but lack of mental aptitude to win a championshiop. What are you living in the deep south in the 1700's?

Perhaps you should take a class in sociology to identify forms of sublt discrimination.  

Than steve young is just as dumb because he threw 8 td's and 13 picks his 2nd year in the league and couldn't read defenses until his 8th year, his first as a fulltime starter

:D

When Peyton Manning was 23 he threw 14 td's and 14 int's

When Mcnabb was 23 he was sitting on the bench with his thumb up his arse behind bubby brister

When Vick was 23 he beat G B in the playoffs and went for 24 td's and 8 interceptions and made the pro bowl. You cannot start in the nfl if you cannot read defenses.

is that proof enough

898897[/snapback]

1. Get a dictionary. It's tough to read your butchery of the language.

2. I have yet to say FOR THE ABSOLUTE LAST TIME that he is not a good athlete. He beat Green Bay. Excellent game. Not once did I disagree with you. His rookie season, he was tough to prepare for because he was given a chance to showcase his real ability (running the ball) as he was unable to learn the system in the first year (and that, if I am not mistaken, wasn't even the WCO). Now, because he has been injured and hasn't been able to pick up the system completely, you assume he will be the greatest quarterback in the league in the not-so-distant future. You are a Falcons fan, and of course you want to believe that. I don't blame you. But just because you love the guy doesn't make you right.

3. You were the one who said that statistics didn't matter. He's won some good games--but he was hurt a good bit in his short career, and if he doesn't get the system in his head, he's going to take a beating simply because defenses can force him to run or throw the ball into bad spots. Dunn and Duckett had over 1600 yards last year, so the O line didn't do that horribly.

McNabb's receiving corps (Thrash, Pinkston, Mitchell) weren't exactly world beaters. When he had T.O., of course he threw more touchdowns, but he found ways to win without T.O. during the remainder of the regular season and into the post season. Why, do you ask? Because he understands the system. He makes good decisions. He makes good calls at the line. He finds open players and delivers. He beat Vick straight up last year to go to the Super Bowl, 27-10, without T.O., I might add. I won't retype the statistics, as you say, because we are just talking about winning games. Here's the summary of the game NFC Championship if you want to see them. And, by the way, McNabb is black. So much for your idea about me thinking Vick is stupid because of color. Never said it. Never would. He's stupid because he gave a woman herpes and lied about, used a ridiculous name that made him look really DUMB in the media and hurt the public image that the Falcons and the NFL were helping him build. I resent your calling me a racist. You don't know me (clearly) and I won't debate your obvious obsession with Mexico.

4. I chose Allen Iverson because he doesn't play in the system. Apparently you have an undeniable racial hang-up. Coincidentally, I don't recall Dan Marino (since you chose him) telling Shula or Johnson if and when he would practice, for example. Iverson makes great plays alone, no doubt about that. But he doesn't make the guys around him better because he isn't playing the system. Vick hasn't made anyone around him better because he has been playing outside the system.

Edited by Ruffian

Their defense has already taken a blow with Kerney gone.

898516[/snapback]

When did this happen Goopster24? :D

Perhaps you are mistaken. I haven't heard anything about Kerney being gone.

Personally, I thought the addition of Ed Hartwell actually improved an already decent Falcons D.

Vick is dumb because he has lived in the United States his entire life and still hasnt mastered the English language.  He was given 12 years of free public education and never learned the language.  He was given 4 free years of college, and still sounds like a knuckle dragging trogladyte.  It is pathetic how his communication skills never developed to enable him to function in society.  Obviously, he is a very gifted athelete.  His physcial gifts will make him relatively successful in the NFL.  But listening to him speak is a journey that I just dont want to have to endure ever again.

898915[/snapback]

Vick iz dum cuz he has lived in da United States his entire life an' still hasnt mastered da English language. He wuz given 12 years o' free public education an' never learned da language. He wuz given 4 free years o' college, an' still sounds like uh knuckle dragging trogladyte. It iz pathetic how his communication skills never developed ta enable him ta function in society. Obviously, he iz uh very gifted athelete. His physcial gifts will make him relatively successful in da NFL. But listening ta him speak iz uh journey dat I just dont wants ta gots ta endure ever ag'in.

all ye darn hood ratz..

Spain may sound better Vick-style. Werd.

i guess i have more important things to do than post on this board and take people's words out of context and distort them.  This can go on all day. So this will be it for me, but i'm sure you will have a response that i'll ignore

897938[/snapback]

Is that so?

Bottom line, a QB who has as many 100 yd rushing games as 200 yd passing games (that's correct - 200 as in "average", not 300 as in "nice day") is most likely a darn good athlete but not much of a threat to beat you passing the ball.

898421[/snapback]

You got that right. I've seen him make some great throws...I don't remember if it was against Denver or Kansas City last year...I'm thinking Denver--but he's shown "some" potential to suck it up and make the throws.

For the last time--I don't think Vick is dumb because he dresses like Master P. HE'S DUMB BECAUSE HE CAN'T READ DEFENSES IN THE WCO. He can do his next interview in the San Diego Chicken's suit. Still can't read the D. He could do his next interview in front of HARVARD. Still hasn't proved he can read a pro defense and use the system to make passes. He could be standing on the corner with a forty of Old E flashing gang signs--he is an inaccurate passer so far in his career.

898681[/snapback]

Does it need to be spelled out for you any more clearly? Should Ruffian type slower next time?

898897[/snapback]

You may not know it yet, but this is by far the stupidest thing you could have ever posted. :D

You need to read man; no one is questioning his talent or ability. All we are saying is at this point in his career, he his horrible in the WCO, just like Young once was.

(Please tell me that you think Vick's intelligence is greater than Steve Young's.) But if you are trying to say that Vick will be as good as Steve Young, you have a long way to go before I am convinced.

sorry i don't feel like proofreading or hitting the spellcheck. You see my points. but your point is so flawed.

This is the logic against me. Vick sucks in the WCO at this point in his career like Young did but but Steve Young is so much more intelligent than michael vick.

Yes, i'm a falcon fan and of course you are not a Vick fan. If you were neutral on this subject you would KNOW that their offensive line is not very good and realize that Dunn and Duckett are easily the best RB tandem in the league - coupled with Vick's presense they were a good running team.

You would KNOW that Mcnabb didn't beat Vick straight up. Yes, Vick played poorly but the eagles defense was the dominant force that day.

and you wouldn't believe the media hype that Vick, " is stupid because he gave a woman herpes and lied about, used a ridiculous name that made him look really DUMB in the media and hurt the public image that the Falcons and the NFL were helping him build. " - Suppose the woman just wanted to get money out of vick? So far he hasn't been proven guilty, and she hasn't collected a dime so don't disparage him. Maybe he Oprahed up, no one knows the truth

Miss Eliot claimed she was dating him for about a year anyway. How the hell could she not konw he was an NFL quaterback? sounds fishy to me. Hunny how come you can never hangout on Sunday? Why do you disappear in August for a month? How come that guy who is on every television channel looks so much like you? :D

I love the in and out of the system paragraph at the end. (and i butcher the english language :D ) So Iverson didn't play into Larry Brown's system which brought him to the NBA Finals in 2001. Vick doesn't make the players around him better becaues he's "OUT OF THE SYSTEM" or maybe because the falcons are 24-12-1 with him and 9-19 without him. The falcons definitley play worse when they are around vick :D Maybe he should have stayed, "inside the system" on 4th and 15th against carolina and threw the ball instead of winning the game for his team.

How can i get in the system

(Please tell me that you think Vick's intelligence is greater than Steve Young's.) But if you are trying to say that Vick will be as good as Steve Young, you have a long way to go before I am convinced.

sorry i don't feel like proofreading or hitting the spellcheck. You see my points. but your point is so flawed.

This is the logic against me.  Vick sucks in the WCO at this point in his career like Young did but but Steve Young is so much more intelligent than michael vick. 

Yes, i'm a falcon fan and of course you are not a Vick fan. If you were neutral on this subject you would KNOW that their offensive line is not very good and realize that Dunn and Duckett are easily the best RB tandem in the league - coupled with Vick's presense they were a good running team.

You would KNOW that Mcnabb didn't beat Vick straight up. Yes, Vick played poorly but the eagles defense was the dominant force that day.

and you wouldn't believe the media hype that Vick, " is stupid because he gave a woman herpes and lied about, used a ridiculous name that made him look really DUMB in the media and hurt the public image that the Falcons and the NFL were helping him build. " - Suppose the woman just wanted to get money out of vick? So far he hasn't been proven guilty, and she hasn't collected a dime so don't disparage him. Maybe he Oprahed up, no one knows the truth

Miss Eliot claimed she was dating him for about a year anyway. How the hell could she not konw he was an NFL quaterback? sounds fishy to me. Hunny how come you can never hangout on Sunday? Why do you disappear in August for a month?  How come that guy  who is on every television channel looks so much like you?  :D

I love the in and out of the system paragraph at the end. (and i butcher the english language  :D ) So Iverson didn't play into Larry Brown's system which brought him to the NBA Finals in 2001.  Vick doesn't make the players around him better becaues he's "OUT OF THE SYSTEM" or maybe because the falcons are  24-12-1 with him and 9-19 without him. The falcons definitley play worse when they are around vick  :D  Maybe he should have stayed, "inside the system" on 4th and 15th against carolina and threw the ball instead of winning the game for his team. 

How can i get in the system

899166[/snapback]

Here's how you get into the system:

1. Find a girl. :D

2. Give her a V.D. :D

OR

3. Not realize she's trying to fleece you and then change your name to Ron Mexico to protect the innocent. Brilliant! It's genius. :doah:

I'm done with this. Put down your pom poms. Let the season decide if Vick is truly the next great WCO quarterback. If he is, then I will gladly say that he has improved and can do it (which, once again I must say, I have not claimed he could not do. I have said HE HASN'T). If he fails, then I will continue to maintain my original point which is that he can't run the WCO because he can't grasp it.

Lets think back to Rush Limbaugh's awful comments. He was absolutey correct despite the fact hew was absolutely politically incorrect to say it. Mcnabb was hailed 2 years ago as a probowl type of player accross the U.S. eventhough he had a sub 80 qb rating and a 57 % completion percentage. How come vick gets criticized for putting up pretty much the same numbers, including 550 more rushing yards?

If you didn't question Mcnabb 2 years ago why are you questioning Vicknow?

I think the reason is highlighted in the overall nature of these posts:

No, but intelligence is required to be a successful NFL QB. How many times have Manning, Brady, McNabb, Marino, Aikman, Young, Montana, Kelly, or any other great/really good NFL QBs done a Master P impersionation during an interview?

He was basically dressed up in his best "gangsta" duds, including doo-rag and hat-on-backwards, and I couldn't tell but I could have swore I saw some bling-bling on his teeth.

Mike is dumber than a herpes lesion. I have said it many times on this board that he has the vocabulary of a sharecropper and the personality of a rock. He dumb...

I wouldn't call Vick quick witted!

laughing.gif

Did any one else find Vick to resemble Pookie from New Jack City?

This was the overall tone of the posts before I came in to critique. Its one thing to make fun of black culture because it is definitely silly and funny at times. I guess many of you don't watch the NBA because pretty much every star in that league share Vick's culture: Amare, lebron, dwayne wade, carmello, Kobe, tracy mcgrady.

But its totally outrageous to say he's neither a good quaterback nor intelligent because of the way he acts or dresses. (and that is football wise - who gives a shucks if he can publish a work or pass a Bar exam)

I cannot fathom half the criticisms Vick takes. I wish we could fast forward a little.

Please keep in mind Vick is 3.5 years younger than Mcnabb - Variance is important