[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Vick

Skilly

Anybody catch the latest interview on the NFL Network with Rich Eisen and Michael Vick? I'm sorry, but Vick just comes off as, well............stupid.

He was basically dressed up in his best "gangsta" duds, including doo-rag and hat-on-backwards, and I couldn't tell but I could have swore I saw some bling-bling on his teeth. The guy could barely string together an intelligent sentence. :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athletes aren't rocket scientists you know.

896030[/snapback]

No, but intelligence is required to be a successful NFL QB. How many times have Manning, Brady, McNabb, Marino, Aikman, Young, Montana, Kelly, or any other great/really good NFL QBs done a Master P impersionation during an interview?

For the sake of Falcons fans, I hope that Vick's QB skills evolve more quickly than his maturity.

No, but intelligence is required to be a successful NFL QB.  How many times have Manning, Brady, McNabb, Marino, Aikman, Young, Montana, Kelly, or any other great/really good NFL QBs done a Master P impersionation during an interview?

For the sake of Falcons fans, I hope that Vick's QB skills evolve more quickly than his maturity.

896042[/snapback]

Well yeah, that was my point. He has been successful at running with the darn ball, but is he anywhere in the league of the gentlmen you mentioned? Now, ATL and the media wants to put him in there, but.......until he proves he can run an elite offense that mixes plays with his scrambling, he will never be one of those guys. Brains has a hell of a lot to do with it.

Mike is dumber than a herpes lesion.  I have said it many times on this board that he has the vocabulary of a sharecropper and the personality of a rock.  He dumb...

896083[/snapback]

I am sure that sharecroppers and rocks are taking umbrage at this insulting comparison. Not to mention how PO'd the herpes lesions are.

Mike is dumber than a herpes lesion.  I have said it many times on this board that he has the vocabulary of a sharecropper and the personality of a rock.  He dumb...

896083[/snapback]

Yea, during the interview he talked about how they have been drilling him on decision making all off-season, with Knapp and other coaches forcing him to make quick decisions. Based on his tenor and tone, it didn't sound as though it was going that well. I agree, quickly reading the defense, deciphering coverages, and making quick decisions finding the open man DEMANDS intelligence. I wouldn't call Vick quick witted! With the special drills, one would have to conclude its a major concern for the team management as well.

I don't think you can teach intelligence, which will render these drills moot IMO.

I will be watching to see if he demonstrates he can make quick reads under pressure like many of the aforementioned QBs.

ok losers. Nice disguise for MIke Vick bashing. Don't you get tired of this?

How many threads does it take to cease this debate.

Vick + health + first time as starter for a season = first playoff win ever in GB (2002)

Vick + injury = altlanta having the worst record in the nfl after 12 games

Vick + healthy again = NFL Championship appearance

So he doesn't have a vocab and is pretty ghetto - last time i checked mcnabb is in the same boat: the difference being mcnabb is mad charismatic

Vicks been playing football his whole life, football smarts are different than education or even IQ

Montana, Garcia, Young and harrington(to a great extent) have alll struggled in the west coast offense

Warren Moon and Randal Cunningham have both been successful nfl qb's. Maybe Swerski can keep his racist posts to himself - no need to draw a comparison between White Quaterbacks (marino, elway, kelly, etc.) and success while also associating black culture (Mike vick having a doo rag and sounding dumb) to lack of wit and ultimate failure. Maybe you forgot to mention that Culpepper has been a very successful qb, is ghetto and too dumb to get into 3 of the most prestigious univerities in florida: FSU, Miami and university of Florida. Oh and Randal Cunningham & Warren Moon aren't successful either right?

What are you trying to say man? I hate the discriminatory tones in your posts and the morons who respond in support

Let me guess - most of you are from the midwest and most of you also are pro George Bush. I love this country :D

You'll doubt Vick after he brings his team to the championship and its simply wrong

What if TO got his wish and was traded to the Falcons. Mcnabb would be struggling bigtime and the Falcons would be a shoe-in for the superbowl

Never mind the clothing , the guy just isnt smart and his cousin is just as ignorant which is part of the reason I wish the Saints would get rid of him. Neither one of them can read a defense!

Let me guess - most of you are from the midwest and most of you also are pro George Bush.  I love this country :D

897346[/snapback]

:D Mostly east coast from the midwest to the South, with some conseratives and some libers in this thread.

p.s. Politics are discussed in the tailgate.

ok losers. Nice disguise for MIke Vick bashing. Don't you get tired of this?

Mcnabb would be struggling bigtime and the Falcons would be a shoe-in for the superbowl

897346[/snapback]

Easy, rook. The path you are embarking on is one you may not want to travel. Just some advice before the thunder rolls.

"Montana, Garcia, Young and harrington(to a great extent) have alll struggled in the west coast offense "

Surely you are not serious with this statement :D Harrington yes but the rest have put up some darn good #'s in that offense. The 3 Niner QB's wear jock straps that are smarter than Vick.

Way to get started on The Huddle. Call us losers and make a ridiculous statement in the same thread. No doubt you'll be a real good addition here :D .

Edited by tbimm

"Montana, Garcia, Young and harrington(to a great extent) have alll struggled in the west coast offense "

Surely you are not serious with this statement :D Harrington yes but the rest have put up some darn good #'s in that offense. The 3 Niner QB's wear jock straps that are smarter than Vick.

897491[/snapback]

tbimm,

I think migarvin was equating Vick's struggles last year (1st year in the WCO) to the 1st years in the WCO for all of the QB's he mentioned.

And if that is what he meant, then he is right.

Montana, Young & Garthia all struggled their 1st year in the WCO.......let alone Harrington.....who is now going on year 4. :D

Personally I have never met Vick, so I honestly don't know if he truly is as dumb as a box of rocks, or if that is just the perception / impression we get from his interviews where he invariably ghetto talks / dresses.

tbimm,

I think migarvin was equating Vick's struggles last year (1st year in the WCO) to the 1st years in the WCO for all of the QB's he mentioned.

And if that is what he meant, then he is right.

Montana, Young & Garthia all struggled their 1st year in the WCO.......let alone Harrington.....who is now going on year 4. :D

Personally I have never met Vick, so I honestly don't know if he truly is as dumb as a box of rocks, or if that is just the perception / impression we get from his interviews where he invariably ghetto talks / dresses.

897578[/snapback]

If thats what he meant then fair enough!