[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander out

Bonehand

Well, if it's only a fracture you wouldn't think it would be more than 4-5 weeks? :D

Of course, the Hawks are already 3-0 If they keep winning they will be more and more cautious.

From the report I read, Holmgren said he'll be out for 'close to a month'. So the best case scenario is 3-4 weeks; worst case scenario is 4-5 weeks. This sucks. :lol:

I wonder what this does to Hasselbeck's value? It's obvious they were aiming to become more of a passing team this year anyway, although, will this effect the passing game in a negative light or possibly in a good way?

Only time will tell I guess. :brew::D:lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were you I would be trying to trade one of your QB's (preferabley Hassleback since it's a keeper league) for and upgrade at RB. Just a thought.

I'm in the process of trading Hasselbeck for Ronnie Brown. The guy I'm talking with has Tomlinson, Ronnie Brown, and Tiki Barber (long story how he got them all, we're actually in a very competitive league). He also has Maurice Morris, however, he lacks a strong QB. The plus side is that he is also a huge Seahawk fan with season tickets and would more than likely LOVE to have Hasselbeck on his team. So if I somehow pulled off this trade then I'd be sittin' pretty when/ if Shaun Alexander returns.

This is just a feeling with no links but I think Strong would get the goal line duty. Thoughts???

Occasionally. But keep in mind that if SA is considered to be aging, then Strong is downright ancient. With SA out, they will need Strong more than ever, so I don't think they will lean on him much beyond his normal role, which admittedly in Holmgren's west coast offense is more than most fullbacks. Morris will be the man for the most part.

Edited by Bonehand

(KFFL) Updating previous reports, ESPN's John Clayton reports Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander (foot) may miss four to six weeks of action due to a broken bone in his foot. With the Seahawks having a Bye during Week 5, it is possible he could miss just three games.

Just read this on My Fantasy League's news-wire. :D

from espn.....

"This will definitely be a blow to the run game of the Seahawks. Withth loss of former OG Steve Hutchinson, the loss of TE Jerramy Stevens, and now the injury to Alexander, the Seahawks have to turn to A combination of FB Mack Strong, and running backs Josh Scobey and Maurice Mann. Neither one of these players has the vision and elusiveness that Alexander employs."

Mann huh? :D

from espn.....

"This will definitely be a blow to the run game of the Seahawks. Withth loss of former OG Steve Hutchinson, the loss of TE Jerramy Stevens, and now the injury to Alexander, the Seahawks have to turn to A combination of FB Mack Strong, and running backs Josh Scobey and Maurice Mann. Neither one of these players has the vision and elusiveness that Alexander employs."

God, I freaking hate ESPN. :D

from espn.....

:D

from espn.....

Now THAT"S some lousy reporting! :D Isn't Mann a Viking now? And a wide receiver to boot?

The longer this sinks in with me, the worse I feel. :D

Dude, I hate to say it, you totally had it coming.

You are a 49ers Fan. And a Rams fan. And you root for the 'Hawks too, since you live here.

Fantasy Football driven or not, anybody who roots that hard for divisional rivals is messing with THE BAAAAAD JUJU. :D

Edited by Bonehand

Dude, I hate to say it, you totally had it coming.

You are a 49ers Fan. And a Rams fan.

Fantasy Football driven or not, anybody who roots that hard for a divisional rival is messing with THE BAAAAAD JUJU. :D

I am NOT a Rams fan! There are only two reasons why I would even think about enjoying a Rams victory; I went to school at OSU with Steven Jackson, and I have Torry Holt on my team. When Torry Holt scores, I'm happy.

For NFL team purposes, I root for the 49ers.

Runner's up for other teams I enjoy watching but really don't care if they win or lose are the Seahawks (mostly for fantasy reasons)... the Lions :lol: (I've got Roy Williams and Kevin Jones), and the other team I'd consider in the same category of the Rams are the Bengals (Chad Johnson and Houshmandzadeh, like Steven Jackson, also went to Oregon State). So for me, it's more of enjoying watching former OSU players perform well in the NFL.

That's the beauty of Fantasy Football though, it enhances your football viewing pleasure because you are not simply limited to watching and rooting for a single team to do well, but now single players on several teams. Inevitably, you are going to start rooting for the team that your players are on to do well, mainly because if they do well, odds are that your fantasy player will do well.

I also did, in a sick way, know this day would come with Shaun Alexander. My league is going to give me a lot of crap too because I took it for all it's worth -- even posting league articles about the Glorious MVP Shaun Alexander leading my team to victory. :lol: I'm a pretty sarcastic person in most situation's, so while I knew riding the Alexander train was going to be a possible downfall for my team, I did understand that this was more than likely going to happen. Not just because of the "Madden Curse," but because Alexander is getting to the age (29) where things start to break down for many running backs. So you're right. I did sorta ask for it. :brew:

I'm still in it though. My team has enough fire-power to remain a contender, and if I can pull off a trade or two, I'll be right back in the running for the Superbowl. I am one that believes a major part of a power-house team is not just a star running back, but having that elite (or two elite) QB's to help push my team to victory. In my case, having Hasselbeck and Carson Palmer will continue to prove as an excellent crutch in tight situations like the one I am about to endure. I'm just a little lost at what to do at the RB position for the time being. :D

Edited by TheGrunt

Phew! That's probably why SA will only be out for about 4 weeks. :D

:lol:

It would have been nice to have SA during the game against the Rams, but from what I understand, their defense is picking up the slack that the offense is not putting up the numbers with.

Even if Alexander is out the full [dreaded 6 weeks]; let's say his first healthy start is week 9. Not a bad time to start a healthy SA:

Week 9

Oakland @ Seattle (MNF)

Then the rest of his schedule looks pretty good too:

Week 10

St. Louis @ Seattle

Week 11

Seattle @ San Francisco

Week 12

Green Bay @ Seattle (MNF)

Week 13

Seattle @ Denver

(This could potentially be his toughest matchup)

Then, if my team makes it to the playoffs...

Week 14

Seattle @ Arizona

Week 15

San Francisco @ Seattle (Thursday game)

Week 16 Superbowl game

San Diego @ Seattle

(Another stout defense to go against, sucks it's during the SB if I make it that far)

I know everyone could easily get the NFL schedule for this information but I thought I'd make it easy on you and put it up for display. :brew: My only hope is that his injury doesn't last 6 weeks, but if it does, it's not the end of the world. :D Right? :lol:

Even if Alexander is out the full [dreaded 6 weeks]; let's say his first healthy start is week 9. Not a bad time to start a healthy SA:

:D Just what I'm thinking/hoping. I unfortunately just traded FOR him last week in my biggest money league. And I gave up waayyyyy too much (T.Holt and W.Dunn). Water under the bridge. Here's hoping he'll miss the fewest games possible and come back healthy and strong.

Looking for a silver lining at a @$#$#@ed up time like this...all I can come up with too is that at least he'll have fresher legs for the middle/second half of the season (home stretch for FF). My team below is 3-0 so I could drop a couple of games and still have a chance for the playoffs.

Now excuse me as I go make a defensive move and drop one of my "outstanding" WRs for M.Morris (just in case SA is out longer than expected).

I think I'm gonna puke... :D

First pick in my other homer league....

Silver lining is that he'll be back, with fresh legs, and ready to roll.

Its survival time now, I would imagine that I need to go at least .500 while he is out. I hope I can even do that.

Welcome to stardom MoMo. He'll be pretty good in this offense. He can catch the ball way better than SA, and is actually faster. Watch Holmgren put in more screen passes and outside running with MoMo. Just doesn't have the meat and vision SA has.

Like I said...I think I'm gonna puke... :D

I'm really not too worried. Our passing game can get us by. We can play .500 without Shaun and still be set up just fine for the playoffs.

I don't know how you could not think Mack Strong's value will increase. Holmgren has all kinds of faith in him, and Hasselbeck isn't shy about including him in the passing game or looking for ways through audibles to get him good running situations. I think he gets almost all the carries near the goal line. They will either hand it to him up the gut or pass. You could go as far as to say he now becomes a decent flex option in deeper leagues, especially PPR leagues. Add Morris too, but DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT start him against the Bears this coming sunday.

Ohhhh yeah-----I thought they had finally found the curse breaker. Madden lives. How bout next year we get a team portrait of the Texans on the cover??

Edited by Seahawks21