[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Olshansky Ejection

alexgaddis

I am surprised nobody has commented on that weak ass punk move from that Denver offensive line-man diving at Olshankys knees...why wasn't he also thrown out?

I think someone did say something about that and would hope the NFL would at least comment on it. Isn't Denver notorious for punk ass knee shots?

I applaud the move. If he got hurt it would have stopped the clock for Denver...but seriously, you're kidding yourself if you think Denver is the only Oline that employs that move. Cheapshot, yes. Part of the game, yes. I'm sure he'll be fined.

Olshansky's reaction to Marty on his way out was priceless.he totally ignored him and kept changing direction to get the coach out of his face.I do not blame the guy for what he did.That game was getting dicey at the end and I am sure after a full evening of cut blocks at your knees and then a cheap one when the ball was spiked is more than a enough to make a defensive lineman go off.IMO his reaction was justified.

I applaud the move. If he got hurt it would have stopped the clock for Denver...but seriously, you're kidding yourself if you think Denver is the only Oline that employs that move. Cheapshot, yes. Part of the game, yes. I'm sure he'll be fined.

At least have a ****ing clue before you comment on it. Stop the clock? The play was a spike that stopped the clock anyways. The only reason you 'applaud' a blatent cheap shot was because it was a player from the team you root for.

If three weeks from now, when the Chargers are kneeling down at the end of the game to run out the clock, Hardwick takes out the knee of a Bronco lineman, you'd be singing a different tune. A cheap shot is a cheap shot, and legal or not anyone who tries to end the season or career of another player on purpose like that shouldn't be in the league.

At least have a ****ing clue before you comment on it. Stop the clock? The play was a spike that stopped the clock anyways. The only reason you 'applaud' a blatent cheap shot was because it was a player from the team you root for.

If three weeks from now, when the Chargers are kneeling down at the end of the game to run out the clock, Hardwick takes out the knee of a Bronco lineman, you'd be singing a different tune. A cheap shot is a cheap shot, and legal or not anyone who tries to end the season or career of another player on purpose like that shouldn't be in the league.

Hey Jagoff. It's called be facetious. You're probably not educated enough to know what that means, so I'll let it pass. :D

You can go for an opponents knees, as long as he another lineman isn't holding him up. If another lineman is holding him up, then it is an illegal chop block, but if it is one on one you can blow his knee out and never get a flag. At least that was the way it was when I was playing HS football. I was a guard, and was taught early on, you can cut block, but you can only do it if the defender isn't already engaged with another player.

You can go for an opponents knees, as long as he another lineman isn't holding him up. If another lineman is holding him up, then it is an illegal chop block, but if it is one on one you can blow his knee out and never get a flag. At least that was the way it was when I was playing HS football. I was a guard, and was taught early on, you can cut block, but you can only do it if the defender isn't already engaged with another player.

Very true, although I would not word it as "going for an opponent's knees". :D

The low block will always be a legal part of football, but defensive linemen hate the technique. Olshansky had just come off knee surgery so I can see why he went off. Still a stupid move to throw punches though.

I understand that it was a lagal block , but I must say that if a guy tried to take out my knees on a spike play while I am backing up, I would probably lose it as well.

Even Denver fans shouldn't try to defend this bush move. Legal or not.