[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parker to become a bust!

MPetro

I am a diehard Steelers fan. Let's make this clear.

Parker is going to have a very bad season.

The Steelers changed their rushing scheme from using a FB (3rd Guard) which Parker thrived having benefited from. He is on his own this year (no FB) and playing behind a very suspect line.

Mark my words ... we have seen his best already.

To boot, the cartilage in his knee will need surgery after the season. He is playing with an ongoing knee issue through this season.

Say what you want ...

I am making this call very loudly. :D

Edited by MPetro

It just happened to be discovered after his knee swelled up.

What's really bad is that the TE was to replace the FB in the blocking schemes ... well, they have been getting blown out all the time. Not good! Changing schemes comes with some unfortunate setbacks in other areas. The Steelers will throw for 4200 yards this year.

Edited by MPetro

The Steelers changed their rushing scheme from using a FB (3rd Guard) which Parker thrived having benefited from. He is on his own this year (no FB) and playing behind a very suspect line.

To boot, the cartilage in his knee will need surgery after the season. He is playing with an ongoing knee issue through this season.

Say what you want ...

ummmm, you do know that there was no knee injury, but a muscle strain behind the knee.........

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07230/810434-66.stm

You can't say for sure that running in the new system is going to be better or worse. I think the new offense will open up more running room for Parker as he will now be running in non-obvious run formations.

But nice try attempting to lower Parker's stock by making up some story about surgery and cartlidge.... :D

Say what you want ...

Nothing wrong with opinion, but, in my opinion, you are a bit off base with this post.

First off, Steeler Murf already beat me to it on the situation with Parker's knee. Before you go making bold statements such as "To boot, the cartilage in his knee will need surgery after the season. He is playing with an ongoing knee issue through this season.", make sure you have something to back it up. People won't take too kindly to you coming in here and just making up statements about a player's injury situation.

As for them not using a fullback, you are wrong. They are going to use a fullback, but just not on every 1st & 2nd down as they have done in the past. They are going to mix up their offense quite a bit, especially on 1st & 2nd downs. I like the sound of it, as though you can't argue with the results, the Steelers under Cowher were very bland on offense. Parker is the type of runner where spreading an offense can open up bigger areas for him to run through, thereby improving his chance of hitting the homerun, which could be where he excels.

I don't own Parker in any leagues, but, my concern for him in the Steelers rushing game is the offensive line. I've expressed my worry over and over again about this unit, and I haven't seen anything so far to make me feel better. Faneca is tremendous, Marvel Smith, though slightly over-rated because he plays beside Faneca, is above average. Kendall Simmons shows signs of being a very good Guard, but, he still lacks consistency. It looks like Willie Colon is going to beat out Max Starks for the right tackle positions.....Thank God, Starks gets very lazy way too often. I like Colon, he has a nasty streak, but, he is young and still has a ways to go. The center position is a major concern, as Mahan is a converted guard, and certainly hasn't show me anything to be extremely excited or extremely disappointed over. If Okobi gets the job, he is just an average NFL Center. So, though there are no weaknesses on this line, it looks like there will be two new starters, and that could take time to gel. Also, the fact that injuries have them mixing and matching all camp and pre-season doesn't help them become a cohesive unit prior to the season.

Don't take this as me expecting doom for the Steelers, I'm just saying that the only big concern I have on this entire team is Offensive line, which is a bad area to have concern. As for Parker, even if his rushing numbers do suffer, which they might in a less run-oriented offense, I expect them to be made up for in the passing game. The Steelers have said that he has been the best pass blocker of the bunch, and Tomlin said he will be in on 3rd downs this year. Does that mean all, most, or some 3rd downs, time will tell, but, considering he was barely in any last year, this bodes well for an improvement in his receiving numbers. I think Parker could be a weapon in the receiving game if used there. He has amazing speed, and has shown good hands as well.

Sorry for the long rant, but, once I get started, I can't stop. To summarize, don't worry Parker owners, he may suffer a bit in his rushing yards/TD's, but, he will make up for it in the passing game.

Edit.....just one more thought on this.....If the Steelers do succeed by throwing more on 1st and 2nd down, that should move the safeties out of the box some, which could lead to some ground success for Parker. Last year, he was facing 8 men in the box almost exclusively on 1st and 2nd down plays.

O.k. I'm done now. :D

Edited by Menudo

Nothing wrong with opinion, but, in my opinion, you are a bit off base with this post.

First off, Steeler Murf already beat me to it on the situation with Parker's knee. Before you go making bold statements such as "To boot, the cartilage in his knee will need surgery after the season. He is playing with an ongoing knee issue through this season.", make sure you have something to back it up. People won't take too kindly to you coming in here and just making up statements about a player's injury situation.

As for them not using a fullback, you are wrong. They are going to use a fullback, but just not on every 1st & 2nd down as they have done in the past. They are going to mix up their offense quite a bit, especially on 1st & 2nd downs. I like the sound of it, as though you can't argue with the results, the Steelers under Cowher were very bland on offense. Parker is the type of runner where spreading an offense can open up bigger areas for him to run through, thereby improving his chance of hitting the homerun, which could be where he excels.

I don't own Parker in any leagues, but, my concern for him in the Steelers rushing game is the offensive line. I've expressed my worry over and over again about this unit, and I haven't seen anything so far to make me feel better. Faneca is tremendous, Marvel Smith, though slightly over-rated because he plays beside Faneca, is above average. Kendall Simmons shows signs of being a very good Guard, but, he still lacks consistency. It looks like Willie Colon is going to beat out Max Starks for the right tackle positions.....Thank God, Starks gets very lazy way too often. I like Colon, he has a nasty streak, but, he is young and still has a ways to go. The center position is a major concern, as Mahan is a converted guard, and certainly hasn't show me anything to be extremely excited or extremely disappointed over. If Okobi gets the job, he is just an average NFL Center. So, though there are no weaknesses on this line, it looks like there will be two new starters, and that could take time to gel. Also, the fact that injuries have them mixing and matching all camp and pre-season doesn't help them become a cohesive unit prior to the season.

Don't take this as me expecting doom for the Steelers, I'm just saying that the only big concern I have on this entire team is Offensive line, which is a bad area to have concern. As for Parker, even if his rushing numbers do suffer, which they might in a less run-oriented offense, I expect them to be made up for in the passing game. The Steelers have said that he has been the best pass blocker of the bunch, and Tomlin said he will be in on 3rd downs this year. Does that mean all, most, or some 3rd downs, time will tell, but, considering he was barely in any last year, this bodes well for an improvement in his receiving numbers. I think Parker could be a weapon in the receiving game if used there. He has amazing speed, and has shown good hands as well.

Sorry for the long rant, but, once I get started, I can't stop. To summarize, don't worry Parker owners, he may suffer a bit in his rushing yards/TD's, but, he will make up for it in the passing game.

Edit.....just one more thought on this.....If the Steelers do succeed by throwing more on 1st and 2nd down, that should move the safeties out of the box some, which could lead to some ground success for Parker. Last year, he was facing 8 men in the box almost exclusively on 1st and 2nd down plays.

O.k. I'm done now. :D

get used to MPetro making bold statements and posts.....he's come over from fantasyfootball.com where he's a big celeb.

get used to MPetro making bold statements and posts.....he's come over from another less reputable site where he's a big celeb.

Fixed.

Can he go back? Is it too late...? :D I mean, in here, he is just a noob...

Edited by The Wolf

FWP does play four games against the Browns and Bengals. And from what I've seen of the Bengals D in preseason so far ... I'd say he should be good for about 800 yards and 6 TDs just in those four games, even if he plays with cartiledge hanging out of his knee.

And leave Big John alone. :D

ummmm, you do know that there was no knee injury, but a muscle strain behind the knee.........

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07230/810434-66.stm

You can't say for sure that running in the new system is going to be better or worse. I think the new offense will open up more running room for Parker as he will now be running in non-obvious run formations.

But nice try attempting to lower Parker's stock by making up some story about surgery and cartlidge.... :D

Last I checked, Addai (and Edge in the past) didn't run with a FB for the Colts. While the Pitts offence isn't anywhere near that of the Colts, it didn't seem to hurt their numbers.

Fixed.

Can he go back? Is it too late...? :D I mean, in here, he is just a noob...

He went back to his old stomping grounds where he feels more appreciated but not before sending me his final message of what he thought of us here.

get used to MPetro making bold statements and posts.....he's come over from fantasyfootball.com where he's a big celeb.

I hope he doesn't mind all those barbs sticking in him all the time, then. Coming over here and making loud proclamations with very little to back it up other than a hunch is a great way to get roasted here.

Maybe he can change his handle to "porcupine".

Edited by Bronco Billy